Nancy Grace - Mon., 1/19/2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Oh, I know this one... Translation... If you believe a word my client say your dumber than you look!

You are good!!
And one more, "There is a whole other half of this story that no one knows, that we will bring out in court, that will prove my client is innocent."
Okay, you guys obviously haven't read my post on the new defense thread:
A few days ago there was a great cartoon in the newspaper called Non-Sequitur. The picture is of a defense attorney sitting at his desk. On his side is a great big bulletin board titled: My Client:. The board has 8 little pieces of paper on it with a different phrase on each one: was misquoted, is a victim of society, had a bad childhood, is willing to cut a deal, promises never, ever to do it again, has "Found God", needs a Hug, not jail time, and knows where you live. The attorney has one hand over his eyes and with his other hand is throwing a dart at the board!

Baez has about as much on-air charisma as a piece of wheat toast.

Who in their right mind would greenlight a TV show starring Mr Monotone?
----------------------
He'd better get ummmmm speech lessons! Hey I make a lot of mistakes in speech but i do not claim to have gone to college to become a lawyer.LOL.

OT: They didn't even bother to acknowledge Caylee when she was alive tho. Why should they get anything from her death? (Someone else pointed this out to me on another thread..but they do make a good point!)

Do you think they were even aware that she was alive to acknowledge her?

I agree, and the clip that NG just showed of CA asking Casey for a message to Zannie and she kinda pffts before she comes up with, "just tell her we forgive her" with an attitude, IMO like, "can't believe your asking me this again...can't you think of something to say?" No emotion or effort to come up with something even remotely resembling a concerned grieving parent. :mad:

'just tell her we forgive her'.... 'just tell me you'll forgive me'....

Okay, you guys obviously haven't read my post on the new defense thread:
A few days ago there was a great cartoon in the newspaper called Non-Sequitur. The picture is of a defense attorney sitting at his desk. On his side is a great big bulletin board titled: My Client:. The board has 8 little pieces of paper on it with a different phrase on each one: was misquoted, is a victim of society, had a bad childhood, is willing to cut a deal, promises never, ever to do it again, has "Found God", needs a Hug, not jail time, and knows where you live. The attorney has one hand over his eyes and with his other hand is throwing a dart at the board!

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/uclick.../nq20090110;_ylt=AjyxfqY_GQjbss29qmrd.R0l6ysC

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I would also think that if Caylee's dad's family is alive, and knows she is their grand daughter, they would be livid that she is still in a cardboard box at the funeral home, with no memorial services scheduled. I think there is more about why those services have not taken place yet that we are not being told. What I am hearing sounds fishy.

I believe it was on NG - or perhaps Issues with JVM - tonight where someone speculated that the body was being held at the defense's request until the toxicology tests are received. The defense wants to take a look at those results to see if they need to perform additional tests. They don't want to release the body for cremation, then learn they needed to do one more thing. I understand that they did test for chloroform, etc. So I am sure if the report comes back that they found some - the defense will want to take another look at the body. I don't think they want to have to run more tests unless it is necessary. All that seems to make sense to me.

It just shows a defense - or what Casey might say - of course there is no defense for this kind of action, but we are talking about Casey here - she stole the money and knew she was stealing the money

I feel so bad for Amy - her credit is screwed up and it will take a long time for that to get straightened out - Casey overdrew her account so Amy almost has to get an act of God to get the bank to forgive it

Amy among the other young people were conned - Casey is a con artist

Can the bank charge Amy for overdrawing her account, when Casey signed her own name to one of the checks and signed Amy's name to others? It seems to me that Target accepted the check and must never have checked the signature or asked for photo ID.
Wouldn't Target's negligence play a part in this?

I believe it was on NG - or perhaps Issues with JVM - tonight where someone speculated that the body was being held at the defense's request until the toxicology tests are received. The defense wants to take a look at those results to see if they need to perform additional tests. They don't want to release the body for cremation, then learn they needed to do one more thing. I understand that they did test for chloroform, etc. So I am sure if the report comes back that they found some - the defense will want to take another look at the body. I don't think they want to have to run more tests unless it is necessary. All that seems to make sense to me.

I think that the Defense are just going to check the work of the Prosecution, i.e., try to poke holes so they need all of the reports from discovery, H Lee to be available and, access to the remains to compare everything. The Defense wants the prosecution to do all of the work and then try to find fault in their work. They didn't do much with the car forensics but they will float some concerns and issues. Criticize to reduce or eliminate its impact.

MOO, too... I still can't fit her personality with a killer. I've known numerous people with quite similar personalities. Even after seeing KC in action, I wouldn't predict she would kill anyone - let alone kill twice (if acquitted). If I were to make any prediction about KC (prior to Caylee missing), I would predict somebody would end up killing KC.

Bolding mine

I don't think she would kill again if she was released now b/c I think someone would off her before she ever had a chance to. The safest place for KC is in prison. Whether she is released or not (which I personally highly doubt would happen) she needs to realize, life as she once knew it is over for her. She is the most hated woman in America. Everyone in the world knows her story now and no one in their right mind or w/good intent will ever have anything to do with her. They'll be no more fooling people w/her lies. Someone would take justice in their own hands if she was released. I'm not saying it is right, I'm just saying I think someone would do it.

No matter what happens in this case, all of the A's lives are destroyed. They will never be able to go out in public w/o people knowing what happened. There will always be speculation on their behavior. People will point and stare. If they apply for a new job, there will be questions, whether verbalized or not, about their judgement. Even if they move, I can't imagine there will be a warm welcome to any neighborhood. KC not only robbed them of a beautiful grandchild but of any semblence of a normal life. Of course, the A's could have handled things differently also so part of this karma falls right back on them. JMHO, of course.

Not only the legal aspect but there is chance the A's may have other plans of what becomes of this story, imo. Isn't this the oddest case ever , it is every man for himself. $$$$

Bolded by me-
By golly that sums it up perfectly! Everyone is looking out for themself and if they throw any of their loved ones or friends under the bus, so be it! It is very odd how that many people can be soooo cold and callous!

Can the bank charge Amy for overdrawing her account, when Casey signed her own name to one of the checks and signed Amy's name to others? It seems to me that Target accepted the check and must never have checked the signature or asked for photo ID.
Wouldn't Target's negligence play a part in this?

I doubt the bank charged her. Especially since she is clearly filing fraud charges against Casey. If she had not pressed charges - they might because they would assume that she was accepting responsibility. I thought there was still a tiny bit of money in her account anyway...like $20 or something small like that. So perhaps she wasn't overdrawn.

Target was definitely negligent in not checking the signature and matching it to the ID. My guess is that the bank will not honor the deposit of the checks by Target, since they were fraudulent. So they are out the $$ for the merchandise she "purchased". That's their punishment for not being more diligent. Amy will likely get her money back once the checks are reversed. She would have to press charges for that to happen. Otherwise - the transactions would all go through as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487