Nancy Grace - Tuesday, 11/25/2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Probably won't be admissable, unless Tracey testifies to it herself... otherwise it's hearsay. Leonard said... Tracey said... Cindy said...

But I nearly fell off my seat when I heard that. Does he get this stuff from dimestore novels or what?

JMO, but I'm willing to bet that Tracy's name will be added to the prosecution's witness list before the trial.

I disagree. I thought her very empathetic. She was hugling Great Grandpa and sensed that he wasn't all there and she was, in her own little way, trying to reassure and comfort him. There's a look that she gives to someone she's looking that's very sweet and kind, and understanding, as if to say Grandpa needs human contact. She had great potential, that little one. Part of me is glad that Cindy won't be raising her, although believe me, if she somehow she miraculously reappears, I will rejoice and celebrate for the rest of my life whatevere happened after that.

She's listening to his heart beating.

All I can say after watching NG last night is that if the emails between CA and LG are real - CA is a total B!TCH and has zero credability.

It would not be hearsay if Tracey testifies to what she heard Casey (or Cindy or George) say. It IS hearsay when LP says what Tracey says that one of them says. You can testify to something you hear or saw directly but not to something someone else says they heard or saw.

Unless it falls within an exception to the hearsay rule, and I am NOT saying it wouldn't--but that's another topic of volumes:)

Here is the simplified version of how it works in this example, keeping in mind that "out of Court statements, used to show the truth of the matter" are essentially Hearsay.

I heard X say that the sky is blue. Hearsay.

Y told me she heard X say the sky is blue. Totem Pole Hearsay. (the term of art for hearsay on top of or combined with what was already hearsay)

Translation:
Tracey heard Casey say the sky is blue. Hearsay.
Tracey told me (LP) that Casey said the sky is blue. Totem Pole Hearsay.

:blowkiss:

Cindy said last month in an interview that she washes Caylee's sheet every week (yes, since she has been missing) as well as cleans her room. I just couldn't understand WHY she would want to get rid of Caylee's scent and her essence from her room! Most people would want to keep her room exactly like it was the last time she was in it.

But, NOW I get it. She's removing as much of Caylee's DNA from that house as possible.

I have a friend who lost her daughter to a car accident this year and she cleans her room(dusts, etc) every week. It's her way to stay close to her and feel like she is still there. Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back