Naomi Judd, of Grammy-winning duo The Judds, dies at 76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Naomi Judd, of Grammy-winning duo The Judds, dies at 76 (nbcnews.com)

The Judds were to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame on Sunday.

Country music singer Naomi Judd, of the Grammy-winning duo The Judds, died at the age of 76.

Her daughters Wynonna and Ashley Judd announced the death in a statement posted Saturday on Ashley Judd's Instagram page.

“Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness,” the statement said. “We are shattered. We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public. We are in unknown territory.”...

Naomi Judd, of Grammy-winning duo The Judds, dies at 76 (nbcnews.com)

The Judds were to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame on Sunday.

Country music singer Naomi Judd, of the Grammy-winning duo The Judds, died at the age of 76.

Her daughters Wynonna and Ashley Judd announced the death in a statement posted Saturday on Ashley Judd's Instagram page.

“Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness,” the statement said. “We are shattered. We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public. We are in unknown territory.”...
Wow! Sorry to read this. Suicide?

Wow! Sorry to read this. Suicide?
I suspect so, and if so, I can't imagine her doing this right before such a significant honor like being inducted in the CM Hall of Fame. This should have been an exciting and happy time for her. Sad for her girls, especially Wynonna, they're going to have a lot to wrap their minds and hearts around.

I suspect so, and if so, I can't imagine her doing this right before such a significant honor like being inducted in the CM Hall of Fame. This should have been an exciting and happy time for her. Sad for her girls, especially Wynonna, they're going to have a lot to wrap their minds and hearts around.
It is so sad and my first thought was they were being inducted Sunday. <modsnip: No link>
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
So horrible. I read this in the news and came right over here. Poor thing. I know she’s had a lot of health issues. It’s so sad that she could survive to her age but finally not be able to stand it.

Rest in Peace Naomi.

She was very much loved. She seems to have been a very sensitive person who managed her way through a very tough business.

My condolences to her family and friends.

I appreciate that she had the courage to speak about her struggles.
I also appreciate her daughters being open about her death, it may help someone.
Suicide is a very hard to understand thing. Often it happens when it appears that things are going well.
I can’t imagine the pain she must have been in (mentally and/or physically) to think your loved ones would be better without you.
Prays for her husband and daughters to find peace.

Very sad to hear. With fame, you can rarely have the privacy to mourn and with the honor soon to be announced it is even more difficult. Having a bipolar mother who passed was extremely difficult for me. I'm not famous and it was overwhelming. I can only imagine how painful this is going to be for the family. There are no words.....

Very sad to hear. With fame, you can rarely have the privacy to mourn and with the honor soon to be announced it is even more difficult. Having a bipolar mother who passed was extremely difficult for me. I'm not famous and it was overwhelming. I can only imagine how painful this is going to be for the family. There are no words.....
I know, I was thinking this event will haunt them in so many ways. So flipping sad. I loved them and their music.

So sad. She certainly overcame so much abuse beginning early on in her life. Despite it she had many bigger than life accomplishments to be proud of. I don’t recall where I read that she was having a difficult time with aging, totally admitting that she was vain. Having the gift of natural beauty for most of her life and then abruptly getting to the age where you can no longer disguise it, even through cosmetic surgery.

I wonder if the awards coupled with the thought of touring, plus grabbling with being older was a trigger. I'm sad for her daughters. I believe Ashley has also suffered from depression and anxiety. I hope they have a strong support system.

I wonder if the awards coupled with the thought of touring, plus grabbling with being older was a trigger. I'm sad for her daughters. I believe Ashley has also suffered from depression and anxiety. I hope they have a strong support system.
I agree that the award and tour probably triggered something. She said that she would be able to cope for a period of time and then would not leave her home for weeks and one time it took her years. I believe the CMA performance (although taped previously and wasn't live) was recent, she may have not recovered from that and simply couldn't deal. I am really sad for Wy! She deserves CM Hall of Fame honor without it being the sad moment it's turned into. Both of those girls and Larry have had a lot to deal with, imo.

See the Judds' Final Performance at the 2022 CMT Music Awards

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back