Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
its just that Huffman lectured everyone during the last election about fairness and equality. that's the rub for me. frankly, I want to see her in chains with a waist belt and orange jumpsuit. Same with Macy. the Hollywood elite need to mind their own plate.

its just that Huffman lectured everyone during the last election about fairness and equality. that's the rub for me. frankly, I want to see her in chains with a waist belt and orange jumpsuit. Same with Macy. the Hollywood elite need to mind their own plate.
Since when did actors become “thought leaders” anyway? Last I checked, they were “acting”.

Amateur opinion and speculation

If Felicity’s daughter had a learning disability that “required” help on her math SAT score, was she able to manage college? Did she pass the required high school math courses for college? Algebra? Geometry? The SAT isn’t all they look at, is it?

And what college was she trying to attend? (I don’t recall.) If 400 points lower on her math SAT was acceptable for a “lesser” school, what’s wrong with that? And I’m living proof that it’s possible for a “math challenged” student to get through a decent university without ever jtaking a math class if you plan your major and other coursework to avoid it. Of course, that was over 50 years ago. Her parents could have guided her into options that accommodated her learning disability. But it sounds as if Felicity wanted to pretend her daughter didn’t have problems with math. Poor girl!

A Junior college would have been the best choice for these young people who aren’t academically strong, such as her and Olivia Jade. Either that or send them out into the world for a couple of years, work for the Peace Corp, something.

Otherwise, Jr. College would be significantly lower pressure and less competition , as well as prepare them for upper level courses.Plus, they would get some of those basic math / science courses that they struggled with out of the way to not have to deal with them on a more difficult level in University.

These people seem to have absolutely ZERO common sense. It’s basic stuff, yet they're unbelievably so out of touch with the real world it’s almost frightening. Just SMH

A Junior college would have been the best choice for these young people who aren’t academically strong, such as her and Olivia Jade.
Jr. College would be significantly lower pressure and less competition , as well as prepare them for upper level courses.
Plus, they would get some of those basic math / science courses that they struggled with out of the way to not have to deal with them on a more difficult level in University.

These people seem to have absolutely ZERO common sense. It’s basic stuff, yet they're unbelievably so out of touch with the real world it’s almost frightening. Just SMH

Exactly, neesaki. Junior College makes perfect sense. But would someone of their status even consider that for their child? Appearances seem to be everything! Their children reflect on them and they’d better shine. So sad.

Exactly, neesaki. Junior College makes perfect sense. But would someone of their status even consider that for their child? Appearances seem to be everything! Their children reflect on them and they’d better shine. So sad.
Bingo.

I agree that junior college/community college is a GREAT option.

But, I think the problem that the PARENTS are trying to keep up with other parents. The kids' college is like another accessory to show off and display.

Plus, I kinda doubt they really care (at least in Lori's case) that their kids were college material. I think it was a social/business networking thing. Olivia's sponsored youtube videos didn't just coincidentally happen, ykwim? She needed to be a cute coed on campus to score those contracts, imo.

jmo

Bingo.

I agree that junior college/community college is a GREAT option.

But, I think the problem that the PARENTS are trying to keep up with other parents. The kids' college is like another accessory to show off and display.

Plus, I kinda doubt they really care (at least in Lori's case) that their kids were college material. I think it was a social/business networking thing. Olivia's sponsored youtube videos didn't just coincidentally happen, ykwim? She needed to be a cute coed on campus to score those contracts, imo.

jmo

It’s all so narcissistic and morally bankrupt.

A Junior college would have been the best choice for these young people who aren’t academically strong, such as her and Olivia Jade. Either that or send them out into the world for a couple of years, work for the Peace Corp, something.

Otherwise, Jr. College would be significantly lower pressure and less competition , as well as prepare them for upper level courses.Plus, they would get some of those basic math / science courses that they struggled with out of the way to not have to deal with them on a more difficult level in University.

A four year college degree is required for the Peace Corps.

The only positive aspect of this scandal is that her Twitter account has been deleted.

A four year college degree is required for the Peace Corps.
The only qualifications to join the Peace Corps is to be at least 18 years of age and be a U.S. Citizens. A four year college degree may be necessary in some fields you apply for in the Peace Corps but not all of them.

Not sure how those precious princesses would have handled being in the Peace Corps.

So she participated in a cheating scam because some other actresses were prettier than her?

Felicity Huffman Didn't Feel as Pretty as Her Desperate Housewives Costars, Says Creator Marc Cherry

The showrunner, 57, also recalled one particular memory shortly after the long-running ABC drama was picked up when he said Huffman did not feel as beautiful as her Desperate Housewives costars at a press event.

“When our show was picked up, we flew the cast to a press event in NY. Felicity and her cast members (Teri Hatcher, Eva Longoria, Marcia Cross, and Nicollette Sheridan) were swarmed by photographers,” he wrote in the letter obtained by PEOPLE. “Every woman was dolled up to the nines and for the first time, Felicity started to feel insecure about her appearance.”

Cherry went on to explain that “people were commenting on how extraordinarily beautiful the cast was,” but Huffman was the only actress who had not previously modeled or played a “sexy vamp” before landing the role on the series.

“After the event feeling self-conscious, Felicity called her husband character actor William H. Macy and said to him somewhat tearfully, ‘I feel like the ugliest one in the room,'” he wrote in the letter.

“Bill’s response? ‘I always feel like I’m the ugliest one in the room,'” Cherry continued. “He made Felicity laugh and see the ridiculousness of her insecurity. She told me, ‘That’s the last time I ever worried about comparing myself to my costars.'”

If Huffman's daughters do have a learning disabilities (one is described as having serious learning disabilities Felicity Huffman Describes Her ‘Deep’ Shame for College Admissions Scandal in Letter to Judge ) as is being claimed and Felicity felt that test accommodations weren't fair and that colleges should take learning disabilities into account in admissions more, then she should have fought that fight, it wouldn't just have benefited her and her daughters though it could have benefited a lot of people. We've seen how colleges bend admission rules for students who've been involved in activism like Parkland survivors, Huffmans children could have written their tickets to any college if they had helped her Mum campaign for better testing conditions for people with learning disabilities. Except for I don't believe that they have disabilities (Huffman used the plural in her letter for both) or if they do they're not that limiting, we would have heard from classmates or teachers about the struggle, there would have been special test accommodations all throughout school. Even if they have "diagnoses" I won't buy it unless its from a Dr who hasn't been selected by Huffman.

The irony in all this is that Teri Hatcher is a proud community college graduate and campaigns for supporting community colleges

Also she seems to have raised her daughter right
Teri Hatcher's daughter has grown up to be gorgeous

"Teenagers aren't generally thought of as a selfless group. In fact, they're pretty infamous for being self-centered and, according to researchers, they're actually "hard-wired" to be that way. Now you know. Emerson Tenney, however, was an exception. Soon after her 17th birthday, Emerson, with her mom, began scouting out colleges. Emerson recognized that attending college was a privilege not afforded to all and she knew she wanted to provide resources to underprivileged students so they too might earn a degree.

"The older she gets, now things are beginning to come more and more from her," Hatcher told People at the time. "This idea of wanting to really help education locally in our community really came from her." And so, while Emerson was busy applying for colleges, she was also working hard to help others do the same. At just 17, she started raising money for the charity Fulfillment Fund by writing a blog, Reachandsafe.com, bringing awareness to the cause. Hatcher certainly did as she set out to do: instilling "compassion and generosity" in her daughter."

whatever happened to the old way of college admission. buy the prep guide for 13.99 at a barnes and noble then study your butt off. worked for me. upped my sat score by almost 200 points
What worked for one of my kids was not getting the score he wanted on the first try. He studied like hell for the re-test and got the score he wanted. A little panic kicked in, and it worked.

I have a feeling that by pleading guilty to cheating, however, Felicity will get no jail time.

jmo

So she participated in a cheating scam because some other actresses were prettier than her?

Felicity Huffman Didn't Feel as Pretty as Her Desperate Housewives Costars, Says Creator Marc Cherry

The showrunner, 57, also recalled one particular memory shortly after the long-running ABC drama was picked up when he said Huffman did not feel as beautiful as her Desperate Housewives costars at a press event.

“When our show was picked up, we flew the cast to a press event in NY. Felicity and her cast members (Teri Hatcher, Eva Longoria, Marcia Cross, and Nicollette Sheridan) were swarmed by photographers,” he wrote in the letter obtained by PEOPLE. “Every woman was dolled up to the nines and for the first time, Felicity started to feel insecure about her appearance.”

Cherry went on to explain that “people were commenting on how extraordinarily beautiful the cast was,” but Huffman was the only actress who had not previously modeled or played a “sexy vamp” before landing the role on the series.

“After the event feeling self-conscious, Felicity called her husband character actor William H. Macy and said to him somewhat tearfully, ‘I feel like the ugliest one in the room,'” he wrote in the letter.

“Bill’s response? ‘I always feel like I’m the ugliest one in the room,'” Cherry continued. “He made Felicity laugh and see the ridiculousness of her insecurity. She told me, ‘That’s the last time I ever worried about comparing myself to my costars.'”

If Huffman's daughters do have a learning disabilities (one is described as having serious learning disabilities Felicity Huffman Describes Her ‘Deep’ Shame for College Admissions Scandal in Letter to Judge ) as is being claimed and Felicity felt that test accommodations weren't fair and that colleges should take learning disabilities into account in admissions more, then she should have fought that fight, it wouldn't just have benefited her and her daughters though it could have benefited a lot of people. We've seen how colleges bend admission rules for students who've been involved in activism like Parkland survivors, Huffmans children could have written their tickets to any college if they had helped her Mum campaign for better testing conditions for people with learning disabilities. Except for I don't believe that they have disabilities (Huffman used the plural in her letter for both) or if they do they're not that limiting, we would have heard from classmates or teachers about the struggle, there would have been special test accommodations all throughout school. Even if they have "diagnoses" I won't buy it unless its from a Dr who hasn't been selected by Huffman.

The irony in all this is that Teri Hatcher is a proud community college graduate and campaigns for supporting community colleges

Also she seems to have raised her daughter right
Teri Hatcher's daughter has grown up to be gorgeous

"Teenagers aren't generally thought of as a selfless group. In fact, they're pretty infamous for being self-centered and, according to researchers, they're actually "hard-wired" to be that way. Now you know. Emerson Tenney, however, was an exception. Soon after her 17th birthday, Emerson, with her mom, began scouting out colleges. Emerson recognized that attending college was a privilege not afforded to all and she knew she wanted to provide resources to underprivileged students so they too might earn a degree.

"The older she gets, now things are beginning to come more and more from her," Hatcher told People at the time. "This idea of wanting to really help education locally in our community really came from her." And so, while Emerson was busy applying for colleges, she was also working hard to help others do the same. At just 17, she started raising money for the charity Fulfillment Fund by writing a blog, Reachandsafe.com, bringing awareness to the cause. Hatcher certainly did as she set out to do: instilling "compassion and generosity" in her daughter."
So, Felicity found motherhood baffling and she went through a stage of not feeling as pretty as other women.

I don't understand this PR press - are these rather normal life challenges supposed to be an excuse for being a dishonest person?

There are moms - and students - overcoming true challenges so that their kids can attend college. This doesn't look good in comparison. I guess we're all supposed to gush, "But you are pretty!" and then feel sorry for her?

jmo

So, Felicity found motherhood baffling and she went through a stage of not feeling as pretty as other women.

I don't understand this PR press - are these rather normal life challenges supposed to be an excuse for being a dishonest person?

There are moms - and students - overcoming true challenges so that their kids can attend college. This doesn't look good in comparison. I guess we're all supposed to gush, "But you are pretty!" and then feel sorry for her?

jmo
I’d never heard of her until this scandal, but there are a lot of female actresses that aren’t physically beautiful, but they’re attractive, have personality, screen presence, a lot of talent and end up being successful. But all in all Hollywood is mostly very shallow and superficial. I guess she knew that when she chose what she’s doing.

Honestly, I’ve never watched any of the Housewives shows and probably never will.

At a hearing Tuesday, the Judge pressed the lead prosecutor in the case to explain his reasoning for why she should use the amount of money a parent paid into Singer’s operation to determine where the parent falls in the range of prison sentences established by the guidelines.

The judge did not say when she would announce her decision on the sentencing issue or whether it would come before Huffman’s sentencing on Friday.

In memos filed Friday, the lead prosecutor asked the judge for each of the parents to spend one month to 15 months in prison. Even a short time locked up, he argued, was important in light of the crimes they’ve admitted to committing.

Battle in college admissions scandal: Should parents who paid the biggest bribes get the biggest punishment?

At a hearing Tuesday, the Judge pressed the lead prosecutor in the case to explain his reasoning for why she should use the amount of money a parent paid into Singer’s operation to determine where the parent falls in the range of prison sentences established by the guidelines.

The judge did not say when she would announce her decision on the sentencing issue or whether it would come before Huffman’s sentencing on Friday.

In memos filed Friday, the lead prosecutor asked the judge for each of the parents to spend one month to 15 months in prison. Even a short time locked up, he argued, was important in light of the crimes they’ve admitted to committing.

Battle in college admissions scandal: Should parents who paid the biggest bribes get the biggest punishment?
Why aren’t the students who lost their spot to the cheaters considered the victims? Why isn’t the judge asking that question, and why isn’t the prosecutor addressing that and bringing that to her attention. I’m starting to think this is nothing more than a game to them, and in the end they’ll all just get a slap on the wrist and be told to go home.

I have the same question as the judge. I don't think prison time should be determined by the amount of the bribe - a bribe is a bribe, isn't it?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member