Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And her husband's comment... give me a break. I know, I want to vom!!

Macy also described his wife’s unease with motherhood.

“Motherhood has, from the very beginning, frightened Felicity and she has not carried being a mom easily. She’s struggled to find a balance between what the experts say, and her common sense,” he said.

“I find Motherhood bewildering,” she admitted in her letter.

snipped

Okay, motherhood can be bewildering (though not sure it needs to be capitalized like she did, but whatever)....but it's not bewildering to be honest. If you value honesty, you are honest. Period.

You don't get a pass on cheating just because motherhood is tough. And having a child with learning issues doesn't give you a pass on cheating either.

Honestly, I think these letters were a mistake. She looked better when quiet.

PLENTY OF MOMS are overwhelmed with responsibilities of motherhood and they do not lie, cheat, and bribe.

And plenty of kids with learning issues succeed....in their own way, not by cheating to conform to some standard the parent wants to appear to be achieving.

jmo

And her husband's comment... give me a break. I know, I want to vom!!

Macy also described his wife’s unease with motherhood.

“Motherhood has, from the very beginning, frightened Felicity and she has not carried being a mom easily. She’s struggled to find a balance between what the experts say, and her common sense,” he said.

This would be absolutely no surprise to anyone who saw her tweets over the years before she deleted her account she came across as totally bewildered as a Mother.

William H. Macy, Eva Longoria pen letters of support for ‘victim’ Felicity Huffman

https://pagesix.com/2019/09/06/will...tters-of-support-for-victim-felicity-huffman/

Um, okay. I thought she was taking responsibility. It sounds more like something her tv character Lynette would write!

And I like Eva Longoria, but these letters read to me like such fluff.

This letter! Of course motherhood is bewildering! It is that and much more for every single mother on the planet. Crazy to think that’s some sort of an explanation as to why she cheated. Still, I do respect the fact that she quickly plead guilty and didn’t make a mockery of the court.

The Things (Lies?) We Tell Ourselves?
[From https://pagesix.com/2019/09/06/will...tters-of-support-for-victim-felicity-huffman/]
“But Huffman, 56, ....claiming her decision to pay college-prep expert ...to inflate had daughter Sophia Grace Macy’s marks “haunted” her.”
“In my desperation to be a good mother I talked myself into believing that all I was doing was giving my daughter a fair shot.”....
bbm & sbm
@Blondie in Spokane :) Thanks for quotes from ^ article. What the what?!?!?!
- The decision haunted her? Starting when she was arrested?
- Giving daughter a fair shot? A shot at U. admission, by paying a bribe, not a really BIIIIIIIG one, but not so small as to go unnoticed & unappreciated?

Apparently she also talked herself into believing that a I-didn't-have-a-clue letter would garner sympathy for her? Poor, poor, pitiful Felicity.
all sarc, all snark, jmo.

William H. Macy, Eva Longoria pen letters of support for ‘victim’ Felicity Huffman

https://pagesix.com/2019/09/06/will...tters-of-support-for-victim-felicity-huffman/

Um, okay. I thought she was taking responsibility. It sounds more like something her tv character Lynette would write!

And I like Eva Longoria, but these letters read to me like such fluff.
Wow. If I were waffling about what an appropriate sentence should be, I’d go with the harsher after those letters. Struggled with motherhood... sometimes listened to others instead of her own common sense... baked way too much for a birthday... What mother hasn’t done those things? But not all mothers then go pay someone 15K to correct your kid’s SAT scores! Please! Jail time. Plus fat fine. Plus community service. Next!

snipped

Okay, motherhood can be bewildering (though not sure it needs to be capitalized like she did, but whatever)....but it's not bewildering to be honest. If you value honesty, you are honest. Period.

You don't get a pass on cheating just because motherhood is tough. And having a child with learning issues doesn't give you a pass on cheating either.

Honestly, I think these letters were a mistake. She looked better when quiet.

PLENTY OF MOMS are overwhelmed with responsibilities of motherhood and they do not lie, cheat, and bribe.

And plenty of kids with learning issues succeed....in their own way, not by cheating to conform to some standard the parent wants to appear to be achieving.

jmo
Yes! Although it just occurred to me... maybe Billy wants her in the slammer! Otherwise why would you write such a STUPID thing!? He just confirmed once & for all they don’t get it! I don’t know if jail time will wake them up, but what else is there at this point?!!! JMO...

Last edited:
Sarc/Snark Alert
How did I initially miss this in ^ pagesix.com link:
- Huffman said "...she employed Singer’s services because Sophia’s high school ... had only one college counselor...."
- Macy raved "....about his wife's mothering skills and recalled that she had once baked 25 'small cakes' for Sophia's birthday and that the family then had an 'epic cake fight.'''

-Only one counselor? Well, how many college counselors are needed when mom or Dad can write a check to get the little snowflakes admitted to college of (parents') choice and skip right past school-employed counselors?
- 25 small cakes? Epic food fight? Who would characterize a food fight as 'epic?' Esp a family food fight? A fight w two dozen cupcakes? And include in a letter to a judge? A tween boy or girl?

Aside from that, I imagine Huffman & Macy are pretty nice people. jmo

Sarc/Snark Alert
- Huffman said "...she employed Singer’s services because Sophia’s high school ... had only one college counselor...."
- Macy raved "....about his wife's mothering skills and recalled that she had once baked 25 'small cakes' for Sophia's birthday and that the family then had an 'epic cake fight.'''

-Only one counselor? Well, how many college counselors are needed when mom or Dad can write a check to get the little snowflakes admitted to college of (parents') choice and skip right past school-employed counselors?
- 25 small cakes? Epic food fight? Who would characterize a food fight as 'epic?' Esp a family food fight? A fight w two dozen cupcakes? And include in a letter to a judge? A tween boy or girl?

The thought of a family "food fight" is a turn off to me. What a mess, waste of food, and waste of the person's time who made it. I'm all for enjoying cooking and eating and being fun with it...but trashing food has never appealed to me.

I don't want to be a kill-joy about their happy memory, but a food fight just seems like a dumb and privileged thing to write about. For some families, a batch of small cakes (cupcakes?) would be a treat to enjoy, not trash.

But yeah, I do think they are likely nice people. Just have spent too much time in their circle to realize the rest of us have different values.

jmo

Sarc/Snark Alert

I think you could be right, but they do seem to be out of touch with the real people and the real world. So maybe a reality check might not hurt.

LL and Giunnulli, seems to be a bit of a different story, not sure what it would take to reel them back in. Jmo

The thought of a family "food fight" is a turn off to me. What a mess, waste of food, and waste of the person's time who made it. I'm all for enjoying cooking and eating and being fun with it...but trashing food has never appealed to me.

I don't want to be a kill-joy about their happy memory, but a food fight just seems like a dumb and privileged thing to write about. For some families, a batch of small cakes (cupcakes?) would be a treat to enjoy, not trash.

But yeah, I do think they are likely nice people. Just have spent too much time in their circle to realize the rest of us have different values.

jmo

I have plenty now, could afford to waste a few cupcakes. But would I ? Not in a heartbeat, if I was raised with any belief other than in God, it was “thou shalt not waste food”.

I thought WHM would be a lot more down to earth than that. I guess Hollywood infects everyone if they’re there long enough. It’s a tragedy how it changes they’re whole value system, like some kind of disease. :(

jmo

Judging from Eva Longoria’s letter Felicity does seem to be a nice person who made a terrible error of judgment and mistake on this occasion.

jmo

Like like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads