Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was seen buying 6 bottles of wine at the grocery store a day or 2 ago.

Likely on the second bottle by now

Absolutely not defending L but just clarifying - In SoCal, the major grocery chains charge a 30-40% premium per bottle unless you buy 6. In the wine section, you will find Free fabric 6 bottle carriers meant to look bespoke. You can save in style and support your drinking habit all while being chic and thrifty in one stop. 6+ bottles is the norm.

Absolutely not defending L but just clarifying - In SoCal, the major grocery chains charge a 30-40% premium per bottle unless you buy 6. In the wine section, you will find Free fabric 6 bottle carriers meant to look bespoke. You can save in style and support your drinking habit all while being chic and thrifty in one stop. 6+ bottles is the norm.
Yeah, but all those fabric 6-bottle carriers tend to pile up in one’s kitchen

Ummm, I mean that’s what people tell me.....

I like her post sentencing statement much better then her pre-sentencing statement which seemed to have some "excuses" / "whoa is me" going on. How much is the true FH vs PR machines, who knows? But, she has certainly conducted herself in the public spectrum more humbly and professionally throughout compared to LL/LL Team. IMO etc.

Well, I still think Felicity Huffman did this the best way possible, minus her stupid letter about being bewildered by motherhood and her husband's stupid letter about cake fights.

She's going to report, it's a short enough time that she can pretend in her head that she's just embedded in a women's prison to prepare for some role, and then out the door and on with her life, with this behind her. I think the mental stress of having this over is worth the minimal sentence she got. I can't imagine living with the stress, anxiety, apprehension, fear, and just overall foreboding feeling of having this hanging over one's head for months and months, most likely to get an even more unfavorable outcome. She was smart to be one of the very first to plead guilty and secure a pretty good outcome for herself. I also think the dowdy outfits and looking meek and contrite in public, and her daughters not flashing middle fingers on instagram, will work in her favor. Aside from those lame letters, the public will move on.

Loughlin and Gianulli’s lawyers now have a roadmap for these two.

If they will listen.

No smartass behavior. No show for the media. No sweety-pie cutesty statements or letters.

You plead guilty and accept that you committed felonies, including money laundering and tax fraud

Then you fulfill your sentences

Or it gets Really Bad and Really Expensive for you two

If they will listen.

No smartass behavior. No show for the media. No sweety-pie cutesty statements or letters.

You plead guilty and accept that you committed felonies, including money laundering and tax fraud

I thought a plea agreement was off the table and that they want to move forward with a trial :confused:

Chris Villani
@ChrisVillani44

·
1m

Just in: a statement from Felicity Huffman, released through her representatives. She says she accepts the court’s decision “without reservation”

While I don't like what she did AT ALL, this is the classy way to accept the sentence. No whining, no excuses. Her displayed behavior of remorse and taking responsibility got her this light sentence, imo.

Good luck, Lori.

jmo

Well, I still think Felicity Huffman did this the best way possible, minus her stupid letter about being bewildered by motherhood and her husband's stupid letter about cake fights.

She's going to report, it's a short enough time that she can pretend in her head that she's just embedded in a women's prison to prepare for some role, and then out the door and on with her life, with this behind her. I think the mental stress of having this over is worth the minimal sentence she got. I can't imagine living with the stress, anxiety, apprehension, fear, and just overall foreboding feeling of having this hanging over one's head for months and months, most likely to get an even more unfavorable outcome. She was smart to be one of the very first to plead guilty and secure a pretty good outcome for herself. I also think the dowdy outfits and looking meek and contrite in public, and her daughters not flashing middle fingers on instagram, will work in her favor. Aside from those lame letters, the public will move on.

I agree. The prison stay might actually be easier than these past few months of limbo. Not that I feel sorry for her - I do not. She brought this all on herself. But, at least she responded as a mature adult. We don't see that very often in cases we follow.

jmo

I thought a plea agreement was off the table and that they want to move forward with a trial :confused:
I'm not OP, but I think the PR in the days leading up to sentencing didn't help Felicity, and it really won't help Lori at this point, so best for Lori to avoid that route.

Olivia's "double finger" post would be hard to make appealing anyway.

jmo

If they will listen.

My guess is the lawyers have told them the best way forward and they are having none of it. There will be sleepless nights ahead for those two.

The judge adjusted FH's offense level down to five from seven, because “defendant has clearly demonstrated an acceptance of responsibility for the offense.”
And I think FH was genuinely contrite.
Yet she did receive a prison sentence because she deserved one.

As for LL and her lovely special husband, too late to be sorry. Just regretful she got caught.
There will certainly not be downgrading the offenses for that pair ! They don't need those 6 bottles of wine...they need stiff drinks....many.
I wish that little insolent brat of a daughter would also be charged.

I can see the "Community Service Work" now, something like organizing a Junior League Luncheon, or doing some "data entry" from home, calling people for fundraisers.

Just as well. Trying to get entitled people who think community service is below them, is more work than it is worth. They don't get the entire reason for community service or even understand the concept.

Doing something that is actually selfless, to help others, is so beyond where these people are.

The "Community Service", should be 20 hours a week, for 12 weeks, of working in a Title One school with homeless children. The problem is though, that lil' Miss. Huffy would be so impossibly truculent, showing up late, leaving early, calling in sick, and basically doing nothing of any use at the school, it is completely worthless to get people like this to understand what "Community Service" is, and why they are supposed to do it.

I can see the "Community Service Work" now, something like organizing a Junior League Luncheon, or doing some "data entry" from home, calling people for fundraisers.

Just as well. Trying to get entitled people who think community service is below them, is more work than it is worth. They don't get the entire reason for community service or even understand the concept.

Doing something that is actually selfless, to help others, is so beyond where these people are.

The "Community Service", should be 20 hours a week, for 12 weeks, of working in a Title One school with homeless children. The problem is though, that lil' Miss. Huffy would be so impossibly truculent, showing up late, leaving early, calling in sick, and basically doing nothing of any use at the school, it is completely worthless to get people like this to understand what "Community Service" is, and why they are supposed to do it.
I hear ya, but I don't think her community service should be working with kids. Those kids aren't punishment and spending time with them shouldn't be seen as unpleasant.

I'm sure I'm not alone here in being a volunteer. I used to be a literacy tutor and have also volunteered extensively at a pantry for homeless/disadvantaged. Both experiences made MY life better - the impact on my life was probably more significant on anything I contributed to others' lives (a feeling common among volunteers, imo). I felt privileged and honored, not punished, to do the work. I would encourage anyone to be part of work like that, but not as"punishment."

jmo

“A California title insurance executive admitted Friday to paying $450,000 to fraudulently get his daughter and son admitted into the University of Southern California by having them falsely tagged as soccer and basketball recruits, respectively”

Continued

“U.S. District Judge Nathaniel Gorton approved an April plea agreement between MacFarlane and prosecutors, who have recommended that he serve 15 months in prison, receive 12 months of supervised release and pay a penalty of $95,000 along with an unspecified amount of restitution. The charges carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.”

California insurance exec pleads guilty to paying $450,000 for kids' admission into USC as fake recruits

This is the kind of sentence I can see Lori and her husband getting at the very least. If there is any way for them to get this deal they should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper