Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She makes me so angry.....my kid and tens of thousands of others studied and worked their butts off to have a chance at colleges of their choice.
I get it, my son really did have some learning disabilities. But ya know what? We didn’t ask for extra help, or even extra test time, he did like everyone else. We certainly didn’t lie and cheat to get him into college. He did his best and that was that. He started out in community college, then went on from there and got his degree. It’s called honest hard work, the American way.

I get it, my son really did have some learning disabilities. But ya know what? We didn’t ask for extra help, or even extra test time, he did like everyone else. We certainly didn’t lie and cheat to get him into college. He diid his best and that was that. He started out in community college, then went on from there and got his degree. It’s called honest hard work, the American way.
Right on!

jmo

B.S.

*WE* understood the charges and the ramifications of her plea. There is no way her legal team didn't walk through all the info with her. She had every advantage on her side to help her understand what was happening from the very start.

jmo

Ok... even giving her the benefit of the doubt that she didn’t understand the seriousness of her crimes, she most certainly had to know providing fake rowing (?) photos wasn’t a crime? Please! It makes me so d**n mad!

Lori Loughlin 'Processing' Felicity Huffman’s Prison Sentence, Says Source: ‘Her Only Chance Is to Beat the Charges'

According to the source close to Loughlin, she “regrets” not taking a deal. “She didn’t understand the entire nature of the charges against her, and she wasn’t even sure if or how she had broken the law,” the source says. “It was very early, and she didn’t have all the information that she has now. Based on what she understood at the time, she made the best choice for herself. Now there is no deal on the table, and she has to have faith that the courts and the prosecution will move fairly and not make an example out of her.”

Lori Loughin comes across as believing she is above it all and very entitled: i hope she gets a good dose of prison time, but ya know,being a celebrity, she thinks she can bat her eyelashes, tell a good tale and a jury (she hopes composed of mostly men), will acquit her ---- Frankly, i cannot stomach her ( and i didn't even know who she was before this scandal)

Thank you for sharing this. I’m still expecting Felicity will be in jail for something ridiculous like the 84 minutes Lindsey Lohan did. If she actually is in for 14 days I will be shocked.

Last edited:
Lori Loughin comes across as believing she is above it all and very entitled: i hope she gets a good dose of prison time, but ya know,being a celebrity, she thinks she can bat her eyelashes, tell a good tale and a jury (she hopes composed of mostly men), will acquit her ---- Frankly, i cannot stomach her ( and i didn't even know who she was before this scandal)

I think the same way and have no sympathy for her, she is in for a big reality check. I think her reputation will be irreparably damaged by this scandal given the type of acting roles she did for the Hallmark channel etc.

The judge seemed concerned if FH served no time, the public would always question why she got away with it.
Looks like it’s not much better now..... no wonder, 14 days is pretty much a joke, IMO.

The prosecutor should have had a list of these cases of over sentencing for crimes of petty theft in addition to the one he brought up about the woman who lied to get her daughter in a better school district.
So looks like he fell down too. As much as I hate politically correct terms like “white privilege”, I hate to say it seems to fit in this case.

juries are unpredictable---if that guy Durst could murder and decapitate a man, and get acquitted, anything is possible
You make a good point, it is possible she could get a Casey Anthony jury. If they get off because of that, I really wonder if it will help her public image, or hurt it more than it already is.

I think she will garner very little sympathy and even if they win, they will lose.

I agree. The reaction and response by LL in this case has forever given me an opinion of her, and it is not a good one. She could change her tune now and I would not believe her.

FH may well have been coached by PR and attorneys but she took the right attitude/advice, faced it, admitted it and for that, I give her credit.

LL's behavior is typical entitled behavior and just reinforces what this case is all about, that some think they are untouchable, and we often see that they are. If she does not get a far harsher sentence than FH, the judge may want to start looking for another job--but hopefully he will hand out an appropriate sentence after a jury finds her guilty.

Imo anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member