Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not going to work if there is compelling evidence of her active involvement.
I agree. I've been assuming it was Lori who took the photos of the girls "rowing," though I don't know that for sure. She clearly knew her girls were not on sports teams in high school, gimme a break.

The husband went to the high school and argued with the high school guidance counselor when she questioned one of the college apps.

Not nice people, imo, despite their sunshiny smiles.

Lori might try to argue that she thought the money was a donation, but from what I read in the original docs, when all the cases were laid out, it looked clear to me that Rick didn't trick the parents. He guided the parents but didn't trick them. The parents knew what they were doing, imo.

jmo

I agree. I've been assuming it was Lori who took the photos of the girls "rowing," though I don't know that for sure. She clearly knew her girls were not on sports teams in high school, gimme a break.

The husband went to the high school and argued with the high school guidance counselor when she questioned one of the college apps.

Lori might try to argue that she thought the money was a donation, but from what I read in the original docs, when all the cases were laid out, it looked clear to me that Rick didn't trick the parents. He guided the parents but didn't trick them. The parents knew what they were doing, imo.

jmo

I don't see LL's husband taking the fall for LL. Must be a cozy family now. (Not). If anything Mossimo seems to be the "Uber Entitled" type, who would want LL to take responsibility for everything.

I don't see either a jury or a bench trial going well for either one of them.

I don't see LL's husband taking the fall for LL. Must be a cozy family now. (Not). If anything Mossimo seems to be the "Uber Entitled" type, who would want LL to take responsibility for everything.

I don't see either a jury or a bench trial going well for either one of them.

The prosecution are going to go to town on the two of them given what they said about Felicity. I can only imagine how bad it is going to be.

Lori Loughlin Is Reportedly "Scared" for Her Trial Following Felicity Huffman's Jail Sentence

...Felicity's harsh punishment reportedly made fellow celeb mom of Operation Varsity Blues, Lori Loughlin, increasingly concerned for her own fate, as Lori and her husband didn't take a plea deal. If found guilty, they both could face up to 40 years in prison. "Lori is aware of Felicity’s sentence, and is processing what that means for her," a source told People. "Her only move now is to take this to court and to prove that she is not guilty of what she’s charged with."...

Lori Loughlin Is Reportedly "Scared" for Her Trial Following Felicity Huffman's Jail Sentence

...Felicity's harsh punishment reportedly made fellow celeb mom of Operation Varsity Blues, Lori Loughlin, increasingly concerned for her own fate, as Lori and her husband didn't take a plea deal. If found guilty, they both could face up to 40 years in prison. "Lori is aware of Felicity’s sentence, and is processing what that means for her," a source told People. "Her only move now is to take this to court and to prove that she is not guilty of what she’s charged with."...

Does she live in anything close to a real world?? She thinks FH's sentence was harsh?? Oh boy...

jmo
I remember in the affidavit, when asked for pictures of one of the girls rowing, Lori responded, "Moss will get it done." She knew they were staging pics.

Also, when Singer called about how he was "being audited by the IRS" - Lori was all relieved! She actually asked something like, "Oh so it's just the IRS? Not USC?" She was definitely not clueless.

I don't think she really thought of herself as committing a crime though - I think in her little world, it was just like "Oh, you write a check and someone pulls strings for you to get your kid into whatever college. Sounds good." The level of entitlement is staggering!

I remember in the affidavit, when asked for pictures of one of the girls rowing, Lori responded, "Moss will get it done." She knew they were staging pics.

Also, when Singer called about how he was "being audited by the IRS" - Lori was all relieved! She actually asked something like, "Oh so it's just the IRS? Not USC?" She was definitely not clueless.

I don't think she really thought of herself as committing a crime though - I think in her little world, it was just like "Oh, you write a check and someone pulls strings for you to get your kid into whatever college. Sounds good." The level of entitlement is staggering!

I have a particular dislike for this woman based on how she has responded to this situation. I never even heard of her until this scandal- I hope she gets significant
prison time. She needs to be brought down a few pegs.

I agree. The reaction and response by LL in this case has forever given me an opinion of her, and it is not a good one. She could change her tune now and I would not believe her.

FH may well have been coached by PR and attorneys but she took the right attitude/advice, faced it, admitted it and for that, I give her credit.

LL's behavior is typical entitled behavior and just reinforces what this case is all about, that some think they are untouchable, and we often see that they are. If she does not get a far harsher sentence than FH, the judge may want to start looking for another job--but hopefully he will hand out an appropriate sentence after a jury finds her guilty.

Imo anyhow.
BBM ...

My thoughts as well, ilovechili ... Surprisingly, I expected the 'reaction and response' of LL and FH to be just the opposite. Guess the old saying "You can't judge a book by its cover" may apply here for me ... RIP Garage Sale Mysteries LOL!!

I have a particular dislike for this woman based on how she has responded to this situation. I never even heard of her until this scandal- I hope she gets significant
prison time. She needs to be brought down a few pegs.

I’m truly flabbergasted at her sense of entitlement and how out of touch with reality she is.
BBM ...

My thoughts as well, ilovechili ... Surprisingly, I expected the 'reaction and response' of LL and FH to be just the opposite. Guess the old saying "You can't judge a book by its cover" may apply here for me ... RIP Garage Sale Mysteries LOL!!

You sure can’t... it’s so disappointing to me, I loved Garage Sale Mysteries! Especially her costars, wish they’d just replace LL and continue those movies!

bbm “harsh” lol

The latest production of Garage Sale Mysteries (2019) is on IMDB. “Searched and Seized”. LL isn’t even listed as part of the cast and she was the main star! Her pic is still shown though. She also is listed as an executive producer , guess they had no choice there.

As far as I know this movie was never released, at least I don’t recall ever seeing it.
Garage Sale Mysteries: Searched & Seized (TV Movie 2019) - IMDb
And scrolling down there’s a FAQ :

Last edited:
I like her post sentencing statement much better then her pre-sentencing statement which seemed to have some "excuses" / "whoa is me" going on. How much is the true FH vs PR machines, who knows? But, she has certainly conducted herself in the public spectrum more humbly and professionally throughout compared to LL/LL Team. IMO etc.

The only difference between the Loughlin/Mossimos and herself is that they paid more money but she's less delusional and smarter than them. So she carefully listened to her legal team, allowed her high priced PR team to work their magic and knew to throw herself on the mercy of the court.

But IMO she is no different from the rest as far as who she is as a human.

Children of rich celebrities already have an unfair advantage when compared with the rest of the nation. Starting with the highest quality nutrition and pre-natal care in utero which many people do not have access to.

They then have the best health care and nutrition after birth, all of which makes an impact on brain development and overall intelligence.

They subsequently have the highest quality childcare/nannies. The very best top notch preschools. Private school at the best schools are their lives.

Access to an incredible array of extracurricular activities and travel and other experiences that a kid in some small town or inner city could only dream of.

They have the best tutors. They have too notch educational and medical intervention if their kids have any learning disabilities. The kind of care that in many cases would totally eliminate the negative effects of the learning disability.

Then they have access to the best and most expensive test prep. More private tutoring.

And all the personal connections in the world due to their money, that help junior get an edge.

The system is skewed to enable kids like theirs to have an insane advantage over everyone else. Not just the working poor but also most middle class, frankly, who work hard to get their kids all they can to prepare them for the future.

These jokers just sign a check.

And she has the audacity to say she just wanted to give her kid a "fair chance"?

This case not only shows there are two systems when it comes to the college admissions system- one for the filthy rich and one for everyone else- it also shows there are two legal systems.

She got a slap on the wrist.

And what she and the other parents charged did specifically caused more well-deserving and honest students to lose their chance and their place in certain colleges, so these children of excessive privilege could get a free ride.

It's despicable. And should have merited a stiffer sentence.

But I knew it wouldn't.

Oh the agony of 2 weeks in club fed...

Long, long ago while moving myself to my first real job post college, I drove by a neatly landscaped building, with neatly striped tennis courts, folks with neat matching polo shirts played doubles while someone in another matching polo shirt drove a lawn mower across the neat lawn in front of the neat building.

Yep, when I got to the sign it included the words Federal Department of Corrections.

Maybe FH will have time to crochet a poncho?

upload_2019-9-15_12-20-46.jpeg

Long, long ago while moving myself to my first real job post college, I drove by a neatly landscaped building, with neatly striped tennis courts, folks with neat matching polo shirts played doubles while someone in another matching polo shirt drove a lawn mower across the neat lawn in front of the neat building.

Yep, when I got to the sign it included the words Federal Department of Corrections.

Maybe FH will have time to crochet a poncho?

View attachment 204497

Are you kidding? Oh my gosh.

“A California title insurance executive admitted Friday to paying $450,000 to fraudulently get his daughter and son admitted into the University of Southern California by having them falsely tagged as soccer and basketball recruits, respectively”

Continued

“U.S. District Judge Nathaniel Gorton approved an April plea agreement between MacFarlane and prosecutors, who have recommended that he serve 15 months in prison, receive 12 months of supervised release and pay a penalty of $95,000 along with an unspecified amount of restitution. The charges carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.”

California insurance exec pleads guilty to paying $450,000 for kids' admission into USC as fake recruits

This is the kind of sentence I can see Lori and her husband getting at the very least. If there is any way for them to get this deal they should do it.
I just have one question...Does anyone go to USC legitimately? My opinion...The school should just label itself a school for the Elite and children of celebrities and then we wouldn’t have this problem. I have no problem with those kids all going to that school and staying out of my own kids school.
They should just state in their prerequisite rich or famous. Problem solved. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandi_lee