Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only difference between the Loughlin/Mossimos and herself is that they paid more money but she's less delusional and smarter than them. So she carefully listened to her legal team, allowed her high priced PR team to work their magic and knew to throw herself on the mercy of the court.

But IMO she is no different from the rest as far as who she is as a human.

Children of rich celebrities already have an unfair advantage when compared with the rest of the nation. Starting with the highest quality nutrition and pre-natal care in utero which many people do not have access to.

They then have the best health care and nutrition after birth, all of which makes an impact on brain development and overall intelligence.

They subsequently have the highest quality childcare/nannies. The very best top notch preschools. Private school at the best schools are their lives.

Access to an incredible array of extracurricular activities and travel and other experiences that a kid in some small town or inner city could only dream of.

They have the best tutors. They have too notch educational and medical intervention if their kids have any learning disabilities. The kind of care that in many cases would totally eliminate the negative effects of the learning disability.

Then they have access to the best and most expensive test prep. More private tutoring.

And all the personal connections in the world due to their money, that help junior get an edge.

The system is skewed to enable kids like theirs to have an insane advantage over everyone else. Not just the working poor but also most middle class, frankly, who work hard to get their kids all they can to prepare them for the future.

These jokers just sign a check.

And she has the audacity to say she just wanted to give her kid a "fair chance"?

This case not only shows there are two systems when it comes to the college admissions system- one for the filthy rich and one for everyone else- it also shows there are two legal systems.

She got a slap on the wrist.

And what she and the other parents charged did specifically caused more well-deserving and honest students to lose their chance and their place in certain colleges, so these children of excessive privilege could get a free ride.

It's despicable. And should have merited a stiffer sentence.

But I knew it wouldn't.

The celebrity kids also have access to plastic surgery-- does anybody really think all celeb kids are born gorgeous?

I just have one question...Does anyone go to USC legitimately? My opinion...The school should just label itself a school for the Elite and children of celebrities and then we wouldn’t have this problem. I have no problem with those kids all going to that school and staying out of my own kids school.
They should just state in their prerequisite rich or famous. Problem solved. Moo
Yes, at least when Sampler was president. He did away with this buying a spot business. My daughter was there during that time. There were some celebrity kids there, but they got in in their own merits and were very good students. There were also celebrity kids who did NOT get in...I know of a couple. One parent in particular (well known actor) had a fit.
However once Nikias became president in 2010 things seemed to have changed again.

I just have one question...Does anyone go to USC legitimately? My opinion...The school should just label itself a school for the Elite and children of celebrities and then we wouldn’t have this problem. I have no problem with those kids all going to that school and staying out of my own kids school.
They should just state in their prerequisite rich or famous. Problem solved. Moo
My sister attended USC legitimately. We came from a single parent household with VERY little money . She got scholarships for most and took out student loans for the remainder.
My son in law just recently graduated from USC with a PHD in education. All legit. He received some grants, scholarships and took out loans.
My daughters good friend received a full ride scholarship for 4 years at USC based on grades alone. Her parents income would have NEVER allowed her to attend USC.
Please don't let this scandal color your opinion of all USC students. Most are very hard working and many come from normal, middle class families.

The celebrity kids also have access to plastic surgery-- does anybody really think all celeb kids are born gorgeous?

Ha ha! They do have access to plastic surgery. And being physically attractive is also a known edge in life.

But I'm thinking many are probably born better looking than average because rich dudes marry gorgeous women often and actresses usually have to be attractive to get a lot of roles?

BBM ...

My thoughts as well, ilovechili ... Surprisingly, I expected the 'reaction and response' of LL and FH to be just the opposite. Guess the old saying "You can't judge a book by its cover" may apply here for me ... RIP Garage Sale Mysteries LOL!!

I would have too. I guess we too often go by the roles they play as well lol, at least that played into my thoughts... :)

Jmo.

Ha ha! They do have access to plastic surgery. And being physically attractive is also a known edge in life.

But I'm thinking many are probably born better looking than average because rich dudes marry gorgeous women often and actresses usually have to be attractive to get a lot of roles?

What if they take after the fathers? That isn't always a good look on women.

Or what if the mothers themselves had plastic surgery, and the kids genetically wind up with "the [Maiden Name] nose/ears/other"?

Lori Loughlin 'Processing' Felicity Huffman’s Prison Sentence, Says Source: ‘Her Only Chance Is to Beat the Charges'

"Processing", lol? She's pretty special:

According to the source close to Loughlin, she “regrets” not taking a deal. “She didn’t understand the entire nature of the charges against her, and she wasn’t even sure if or how she had broken the law,” the source says. “It was very early, and she didn’t have all the information that she has now. Based on what she understood at the time, she made the best choice for herself.

Isn't that why we have legal counsel (and she definitely did)?

What a maroon, as Bugs Bunny would say. Clearly when her lawyers spoke to her, she willfully plugged her ears, 'cuz she's LL, and she knows better than anyone else.

My sister attended USC legitimately. We came from a single parent household with VERY little money . She got scholarships for most and took out student loans for the remainder.
My son in law just recently graduated from USC with a PHD in education. All legit. He received some grants, scholarships and took out loans.
My daughters good friend received a full ride scholarship for 4 years at USC based on grades alone. Her parents income would have NEVER allowed her to attend USC.
Please don't let this scandal color your opinion of all USC students. Most are very hard working and many come from normal, middle class families.
Congrats to them! I don’t really have an opinion of the school it’s self. Never even heard much about it till this scandal. I’m on the east coast so have only considered east side schools for my own kids. It just amazes me how many of these cases are linked to this one school. With only an 11% acceptance rate the numbers are staggering. Something has to be very wrong with the system there and their selection process. Moo

No I don’t think they all are. I actually think the majority are not. We just see the ones that are. And those are usually the vein bratty daughters who have the resources to have their own stylists and hair and makeup done everyday. Moo

I would have too. I guess we too often go by the roles they play as well lol, at least that played into my thoughts... :)

Jmo.

Yeah, it’s disappointing in a way. FH, WM & LL apparently are such good actors that I bought their public personas in passing lol. I knew very little of any of them before this mess but FH, WM & LL seemed to me as more down-to-earth type celebrities from what I could tell, if u can be even close to being down-to-earth I guess in that profession.

But whateva.....they have definitely shown their true colors to a very wide audience and it has to absolutely humiliating.

ETA Just remembered those ridiculous fans with LL’s likeness on them outside the courthouse (I think). That was so lame lol!

ETA actors/celebrities

Yeah, it’s disappointing in a way. FH, WM & LL apparently are such good actors that I bought their public personas in passing lol. I knew very little of any of them before this mess but FH, WM & LL seemed to me as more down-to-earth type celebrities from what I could tell, if u can be even close to being down-to-earth I guess in that profession.

But whateva.....they have definitely shown their true colors to a very wide audience and it has to absolutely humiliating.

ETA Just remembered those ridiculous fans with LL’s likeness on them outside the courthouse (I think). That was so lame lol!

ETA actors/celebrities
Lol I still have no idea who FH is other than she’s an actress who got caught cheating. Had to google her when this all came out. I’m not one for reality TV.

I heard Dan Abrams talking about the case on GMA before the sentencing and he kept saying how there is a difference between morally wrong and legal outcomes. He said it's a financial crime and you have to show a financial victim with numbers. The prosecutors said that the universities were the victims. Except that the universities didn't lose money, so it was harder to show the financial impact of the crime.

And yes, it is unfair to all the students who lost out on spots, but it would be impossible to figure out the financial impact of them not getting into that particular school over another.

ETA actors/celebrities

For sure--I will never forget that and my opinion was cemented right there. She acted as if she was there for an autograph signing and not a serious court case and it was all a "grand" television moment for her...:rolleyes:

They really need to show in these cases/sentencing that celebrities are not immune and can't "buy" their way into and out of everything...

Imo.

Oh I thought desperate housewives was reality tv. But either way never watched it.

Oh it is not reality TV lol. I had heard of it and swore I would never watch it and one day I happened on it. Quite honestly it is hilarious and a laugh out loud show. I would not have said that before seeing it. It was a hit for a reason.

Imo.

I heard Dan Abrams talking about the case on GMA before the sentencing and he kept saying how there is a difference between morally wrong and legal outcomes. He said it's a financial crime and you have to show a financial victim with numbers. The prosecutors said that the universities were the victims. Except that the universities didn't lose money, so it was harder to show the financial impact of the crime.

And yes, it is unfair to all the students who lost out on spots, but it would be impossible to figure out the financial impact of them not getting into that particular school over another.

Fraud is illegal. Lying on documents is illegal. Wire fraud is illegal. Corruption is illegal. Bribery is illegal. Not sure I'm following this logic.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member