GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loughlin and her husband Mossimo Giannulli, claims evidence that could be used to strengthen their case is being withheld by prosecution because it was deemed irrelevant and immaterial.

By sharing FBI interview statements from William “Rick” Singer, the celebrity couple’s defense team hopes to show that Loughlin, 55, and Giannulli, 56, didn’t know their donations would be used as bribes. The motion asserts that not sharing the evidence prevents a fair trial.

“But the Government appears to be concealing exculpatory evidence that helps show that both Defendants believed all of the payments they made would go to USC itself — for legitimate, university-approved purposes — or to other legitimate charitable causes,” read the motion, which was filed at Massachusetts’ U.S. District Court.

The document continued: “The Government’s failure to disclose this information is unacceptable, and this Court should put a stop to it.”

“As noted, in making their case to the jury, Giannulli and Loughlin intend to present evidence that they reasonably believed KWF was a bona fide charitable organization, and that their payments to KWF would support programs geared toward helping underprivileged children,” reads the filing.

Lori Loughlin Accuses Prosecutors of Concealing Evidence That Could Help Her Case

Loughlin and her husband Mossimo Giannulli, claims evidence that could be used to strengthen their case is being withheld by prosecution because it was deemed irrelevant and immaterial.

By sharing FBI interview statements from William “Rick” Singer, the celebrity couple’s defense team hopes to show that Loughlin, 55, and Giannulli, 56, didn’t know their donations would be used as bribes. The motion asserts that not sharing the evidence prevents a fair trial.

“But the Government appears to be concealing exculpatory evidence that helps show that both Defendants believed all of the payments they made would go to USC itself — for legitimate, university-approved purposes — or to other legitimate charitable causes,” read the motion, which was filed at Massachusetts’ U.S. District Court.

The document continued: “The Government’s failure to disclose this information is unacceptable, and this Court should put a stop to it.”

“As noted, in making their case to the jury, Giannulli and Loughlin intend to present evidence that they reasonably believed KWF was a bona fide charitable organization, and that their payments to KWF would support programs geared toward helping underprivileged children,” reads the filing.

Lori Loughlin Accuses Prosecutors of Concealing Evidence That Could Help Her Case

DEC. 16, 2019
11:31 AM
Matthew Ormseth Verified Staff Writer

Lori Loughlin wants FBI reports, says they would show her belief payments were legitimate :eek: $ :eek: $ :eek: $ :eek: $ :eek: $ :eek:

"Giannulli and Loughlin will help establish their innocence by showing that they understood both sets of payments to be legitimate donations,” Berkowitz wrote, “and did not understand or intend that either set of payments would be used to directly or indirectly bribe Heinel.”

Those reports would show where Singer told his clients their six-figure payments would end up.

In the case of Loughlin and Giannulli, , the couple thought their money “would go to USC itself — for legitimate, university-approved purposes — or to other legitimate charitable causes,” their lawyers wrote."

Last edited:
let's go back to that encounter Lori and Mos. Still want to claim ignorance?:

Olivia Jade's High School Counselor to be Called as Witness After Altercation With Dad Mossimo Giannulli (Exclusive)

An email sent from the counselor to Mossimo on April 12 of last year detailed an "encounter" between the two, in which Mossimo came in person to the school to express — completely unfounded — concerns about USC pulling his daughter's acceptance, and to insist that she was a rower.

Giannulli lives within a few doors of the elite all-girls Catholic LA high-school.

That very same day Donna Heinel, the former USC senior associate athletic director who was fired in March after being indicted in connection with the college admissions scandal, left Singer a voicemail raising concerns about parents coming down to Marymount to "yell at counselors", warning it could "shut everything down".

"I just want to make sure that, you know, I don't want the -- the parents getting angry and creating any type of disturbance at the school," she said in her voicemail. "I just want to make sure those students . . . if questioned at the school that they respond in a[n] appropriate way that they are, walk-on candidates for their respective sports. They're looking forward to trying out for the team and making the team when they get here. OK? That's what I just want to make sure of."

"So I just don't want anybody going into . . . [the Giannuli's daughter's high school], you know, yelling at counselors. That'll shut everything -- that'll shut everything down," she said according to court documents.

Loughlin also appeared to refer to the counselor when she sent Singer an email asking for help with Olivia Jade's USC formal application, calling him "our little friend" at Marymount.

"[Our younger daughter] has not submitted all her colleges [sic] apps and is confused on how to do so," she wrote, according to the DOJ complaint. "I want to make sure she gets those in as I don't want to call any attention to [her] with our little friend at [her high school]. Can you tell us how to proceed?"

and let's not forget...

One email showed Singer emailing Giannulli and Loughlin in March 2016, telling them he required a copy of Isabella’s transcript and test scores “very soon while I create a coxswain portfolio for her.”

“It would probably help to get a picture of her on an ERG in workout clothes like a real athlete,” Singer wrote, referring to an ergometer, or indoor rowing machine.

“Fantastic,” Giannulli replied, according to the indictment (pdf). “Will get all.”

About three weeks later, Giannulli sent Singer an email with a photograph of Isabella on an ergometer.

After Isabella gained entry to the University of Southern California through her fake crew profile—she and, later, her sister Olivia Jade both got accepted as athletic recruits—her parents received a $200,000 invoice from Singer’s account.

On April 10, 2017, according to prosecutors, Giannulli forwarded the invoice to his own accountant, writing: “Good news my daughter … is in (U)SC … bad is I had to work the system.”

On or about the same day, after Isabella received a formal acceptance letter to USC, Giannulli wired $200,000 to Singer’s foundation. He then emailed Singer, copying in Loughlin, writing, “I want to thank you again for your great work with [Isabella], she is very excited and both Lori and I are very appreciative of your efforts and end result!”

In another email from Singer in July 2017, three months after Isabella was accepted into USC, asking Giannulli and Loughlin for an “action picture” of Olivia Jade rowing so Singer could have it included in her fake athletic profile.

“Moss will get this done,” Loughlin allegedly wrote in July 2017, emailing Singer with Giannulli copied. “We are back in town on Monday.”

On July 28, 2017, Giannulli allegedly sent Singer a photograph of Olivia Jade on an ergometer.

Mossimo Giannulli Said He Had to 'Work the System' to Get Daughter Into USC: Prosecutors

and let's not forget...

One email showed Singer emailing Giannulli and Loughlin in March 2016, telling them he required a copy of Isabella’s transcript and test scores “very soon while I create a coxswain portfolio for her.”

“It would probably help to get a picture of her on an ERG in workout clothes like a real athlete,” Singer wrote, referring to an ergometer, or indoor rowing machine.

“Fantastic,” Giannulli replied, according to the indictment (pdf). “Will get all.”

About three weeks later, Giannulli sent Singer an email with a photograph of Isabella on an ergometer.

After Isabella gained entry to the University of Southern California through her fake crew profile—she and, later, her sister Olivia Jade both got accepted as athletic recruits—her parents received a $200,000 invoice from Singer’s account.

On April 10, 2017, according to prosecutors, Giannulli forwarded the invoice to his own accountant, writing: “Good news my daughter … is in (U)SC … bad is I had to work the system.”

On or about the same day, after Isabella received a formal acceptance letter to USC, Giannulli wired $200,000 to Singer’s foundation. He then emailed Singer, copying in Loughlin, writing, “I want to thank you again for your great work with [Isabella], she is very excited and both Lori and I are very appreciative of your efforts and end result!”

In another email from Singer in July 2017, three months after Isabella was accepted into USC, asking Giannulli and Loughlin for an “action picture” of Olivia Jade rowing so Singer could have it included in her fake athletic profile.

“Moss will get this done,” Loughlin allegedly wrote in July 2017, emailing Singer with Giannulli copied. “We are back in town on Monday.”

On July 28, 2017, Giannulli allegedly sent Singer a photograph of Olivia Jade on an ergometer.

Mossimo Giannulli Said He Had to 'Work the System' to Get Daughter Into USC: Prosecutors
Thanks for reminding us of these gems. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And just how do they get around the fake photos of their daughter’s rowing?

No getting around unless your laywer is Houdini....:eek:
...:rolleyes:...o_O
"Because of the sensational nature of the offenses — along with the money and Big Names involved — the story has legs..."

"..The internet was brutal after news broke that Lori Loughlin and her husband paid $500,000 for her 2 daughters to being fake rowers..."

Last edited:
The attorneys are on the lookout for evidence that the payments were institutionalized—that is, that USC knew what Singer was up to. If they can prove that the school was on board, then Loughlin and Giannulli couldn’t have known that those alleged pictures of their two daughters on the rowing machine, taken to support the idea that the girls were crew recruits though neither participated in the sport, constituted bribery.

At trial,” the lawyers wrote, “Giannulli and Loughlin will help establish their innocence by showing that they understood both sets of payments to be legitimate donations and did not understand or intend that either set of payments would be used to directly or indirectly bribe Heinel [the former USC senior associate athletic director].”

Lori Loughlin Builds Her Defense

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli Say College Donations were Legitimate

Felicity Huffman is All Smiles While Working on Her Community Service Hours
felicity-huffman-all-smiles-working-on-community-service-hours.jpg

Mon, 16 December 2019 at 6:00 am

Im hoping for 10+ years

I personally don’t think they will get anything like that. The sentencing guidelines would scare the heck out of me and I would take a plea if it was me. I’m thinking two years jail, six figure fine and tons of community service. I don’t think it is fair or right but if they get years in prison I will be shocked.

I personally don’t think they will get anything like that. The sentencing guidelines would scare the heck out of me and I would take a plea if it was me. I’m thinking two years jail, six figure fine and tons of community service. I don’t think it is fair or right but if they get years in prison I will be shocked.

You're more optimistic than I am!

I would be shocked if they got more than 10 weeks in jail and a $500,000 fine plus community service.

...I hope I'm very shocked.

“Lori Loughlin was in charge and told the couple’s daughters that they needed to do better in high school,” a bullet point summary of Singer’s interview said in a letter dated Nov. 27 from prosecutors to the couple’s attorneys.

Singer also told Giannulli to speak to a college counselor at the daughters’ Marymount High School, because he could “mess things up,” the letter said.

Prosecutors say Philip Petrone, the co-director of college counseling at Marymount, told the government Giannulli asked if he told USC his daughters were bad candidates, which Petrone denied.

The letter alleges Petrone and the head of Marymount told Giannulli they would confirm the couples’ youngest daughter, Olivia Jade Giannulli, was a coxswain and wouldn’t interference with Olivia’s application to USC.

Prosecutors have previously mentioned Giannulli’s interaction with a “guidance counselor” as an important event in the case, and said at a lawyers’ conflict of interest hearing for the couple in August there could be some “finger-pointing” over the incident.

Lori Loughlin told her daughters to do better in school: feds
The November 27th letter is also attached to the link above as Exhibit F.

“Lori Loughlin was in charge and told the couple’s daughters that they needed to do better in high school,” a bullet point summary of Singer’s interview said in a letter dated Nov. 27 from prosecutors to the couple’s attorneys.

Singer also told Giannulli to speak to a college counselor at the daughters’ Marymount High School, because he could “mess things up,” the letter said.

Prosecutors say Philip Petrone, the co-director of college counseling at Marymount, told the government Giannulli asked if he told USC his daughters were bad candidates, which Petrone denied.

The letter alleges Petrone and the head of Marymount told Giannulli they would confirm the couples’ youngest daughter, Olivia Jade Giannulli, was a coxswain and wouldn’t interference with Olivia’s application to USC.

Prosecutors have previously mentioned Giannulli’s interaction with a “guidance counselor” as an important event in the case, and said at a lawyers’ conflict of interest hearing for the couple in August there could be some “finger-pointing” over the incident.

Lori Loughlin told her daughters to do better in school: feds
The November 27th letter is also attached to the link above as Exhibit F.

Now, this is interesting. I haven't looked this up, but if Phillip Patrone is a licensed teacher in State of California, there are all sorts of ethics clauses in licensure. If he had lied, his license could be compromised.

This is where a lot of people who have licenses, really draw a line on ethics, because losing a license that you have credentials in, means pretty much losing an entire career.

I just looked him up, he is not listed as a licensed teacher in California. But maybe he has counselor license. Not sure of requirements for his position.

Last edited:
It sounds like Giannuli insisted to the high school counselor that his daughters rowed crew in a "private club." I'm sure he had his suspicions and obviously didn't demand proof. Sounds like parents must put counselors in a pretty tough spot. If they take the parents for their word, is that lying? Wonder if the counselor saw those staged pictures on the rower.

It sounds like Giannuli insisted to the high school counselor that his daughters rowed crew in a "private club." I'm sure he had his suspicions and obviously didn't demand proof. Sounds like parents must put counselors in a pretty tough spot. If they take the parents for their word, is that lying? Wonder if the counselor saw those staged pictures on the rower.
BBM: Tough spot? Yes
The Atlantic
They Had It Coming

Caitlin Flanagan:
"When I was a prep-school college counselor
25 years ago, I thought that whatever madness was whirring through the minds of the parents was a blip of group insanity that would soon abate. It has only gotten more and more extreme.
I will now add as a very truthful disclaimer that the horrible parents constituted at most 25 percent of the total, but that 25 percent was a lesson that a lifetime of reading novels hadn’t yet taught me.
Sometimes, in anger and frustration, the parents would blame me for the poor return on investment they were getting on their years of tuition payments."
*************************************************************************************

But the college counselor at the girls’ high school had always doubted that the first girl rowed crew; when the second one got into the same school for the same reason, he realized that something suspicious was going on. When he confronted the girl about it
the parents roared onto campus in such a rage :mad: that they almost :eek: blew up the whole scam.

Giannulli apparently roared onto the high-school campus apoplectic:

(He claimed she rowed privately on summer vacation in Europe or something to that effect, need to find article, bottom line: he made up a bunch of bull)

Singer got a panicked email from his USC contact: “I just want to make sure that, you know, I don’t want the … parents getting angry and creating any type of disturbance at the school … I just don’t want anybody going into … [the daughter’s high school] you know, yelling at counselors. That’ll shut everything—that’ll shut everything down.”

It’s hell on Earth for college counselors when people like this show up angry :mad: that their kid didn’t get an acceptance from Williams. But to endure it because you’ve gotten in the way of a giant scam? Hideous.

One way or another, the counselor was impelled—I would imagine by some freaked out higher-up—to send the parents an email which ended with:

"..I also shared with the USC assistant director of admission that you had visited this morning and affirmed for me that your younger daughter is truly a coxswain. "

"Visited?" :rolleyes: How bout "you stormed and ambushed me this morning!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members