GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of jail time...when is Mr. Macy to start his, after Christmas?

He was never charged. INMO, his wife took the quickest plea deal ever, to get their names out of this mess. And preserve his career. He said he never knew anything about it. Of course. Or maybe he is that checked out about his family.

Speaking of jail time...when is Mr. Macy to start his, after Christmas?

He was never charged. INMO, his wife took the quickest plea deal ever, to get their names out of this mess. And preserve his career. He said he never knew anything about it. Of course. Or maybe he is that checked out about his family.

I believe the story with Macy is that he was in on initial talks with Singer and that at one point before money changed hands, Macy and Huffmann decided not to pursue. It was then that Huffmann decided to go ahead with it and paid the $15,000 to get her daughter's SAT scores changed (without her daughter's knowledge). When it came time for daughter #2, both decided not to pursue any of the scam practices.

My memory is fuzzy, but I think that's the gist.

I believe the story with Macy is that he was in on initial talks with Singer and that at one point before money changed hands, Macy and Huffmann decided not to pursue. It was then that Huffmann decided to go ahead with it and paid the $15,000 to get her daughter's SAT scores changed (without her daughter's knowledge). When it came time for daughter #2, both decided not to pursue any of the scam practices.

Yeah, in the transcript of her phone taps somewhere, FH says "my husband doesn't want to do it" or similar phrasing. I guess the further evidence bore out that this meant "he told me to forget about it"; as opposed to "he said go ahead and do it, he just didn't want to know anything about it". The overall impression was that she was going about it behind his back.

Kind of reminds me of when, in the movie, The Long, Long Trailer, Lucy kept all those huge rocks after Ricky told her they had to go. She objected, then eventually agreed.
Then she did what she wanted and kept most of them anyway. Then what happened? A disaster. LOL :rolleyes:

I scanned the article quickly and gleaned from it that he came from wealth and never cheated to get into a top school. end of story: what is the point of that headline anyway?
I concur! I thought the same and should have written that. Just clickbait I guess. It was a nothing story from the NY Post. I mean, it must be nice to be the son of a billionaire, but such is life. He obviously has plenty of merits and appears to be competent at his job.

I concur! I thought the same and should have written that. Just clickbait I guess. It was a nothing story from the NY Post. I mean, it must be nice to be the son of a billionaire, but such is life. He obviously has plenty of merits and appears to be competent at his job.

It is almost like the author of the article was trying to make some type of comparison between the criminals that did what they did and this guy who was born wealthy and went to a great college---- as you said: click bait- and it works!!!

Omg! This woman sounds like a nightmare! So in this case, these classes were for a "kid" already at Georgetown to help him graduate and get his degree from Georgetown. And then mom is griping that she wants a discount because they only got her son a C in the class. Makes one wonder though if the son could have even gotten a C on his own. How pathetic!

One of the classes required video conferences with the professor. Littlefair wrote that her son would be out of the country and that Singer's employee "should have a stand in for [my son] that is highly briefed." The Key associate confirmed she would "take care of the meeting" if the son was unavailable by using a "fellow male colleague" to stand in for Littlefair's son, the documents state.

Littlefair also sent an email asking Singer to do "one more online course" in spring 2018 for credit at Georgetown, and the Key associate then secretly took an online class in her son's name offered by Arizona State University. The credits were then sent to Georgetown and credited to Littlefair's son on his academic transcript, the court documents say, helping him graduate.

In April 2018, Singer's company sent her an invoice for $3,000. She responded that she thought she'd be given a "discount" because the "grade [Key associate 1 earned] was a C and the experience was a nightmare!" according to the criminal information.

Singer replied that he would not discount the invoice because the "process was a nightmare for all."
Littlefair then paid The Key $3,000, the documents state.

Karen Littlefair, 57, of Newport Beach, will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud as part of a plea deal.

Georgetown officials learned of potential misconduct related to a graduate student's online coursework during an internal probe launched after the Justice Department revealed the college scam case. The school is taking steps to fortify security of online classes.

Mother accused of paying for son to cheat through Georgetown classes is charged in college admissions scam - CNN

The date of her plea hearing in Boston federal court was not set. She is the wife of Andrew Littlefair, president and CEO of Clean Energy Fuels. He was not charged in the case.

Prosecutors recommended Littlefair receive a sentence of four months in prison followed by one year of supervised release and pay restitution and a $9,500 fine.

Littlefair's son could have his degree revoked as a result of the cheating.

College admissions scam twist: Georgetown mom pleads guilty to online class cheating

Olivia Jade is under fire for teasing her new vlog after making a return to her YouTube channel and was ridiculed for showing little remorse.

“Just finished editing most of the new vlog! Still working on some finishing touches, but it should be up in the next couple [of] days. I hope you’re having a beautiful Sunday,” the 20-year-old tweeted with a praying hands emoji and a heart emoji on Sunday, December 8. Although Olivia is clearly thrilled to be back on her grind, several users thought she should continue to remain low-key.

Fans Slam Olivia Jade After Teasing 'New Vlog' on Twitter Post-Scandal

I just checked her YouTube channel and do not see any vlogs up since the one she posted a week ago.

Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade Giannulli attempted to start her YouTube career back up on December 1. According to Us Weekly's sources, her mother saw the choice as a "big betrayal," and it created drama in the household. The new report comes in stark contrast to Entertainment Tonight's published last week; its sources said Lori was supportive of Olivia making videos again. Us's sources make it seem like the two-minute vlog caused war. Make what you will of the conflicting reports.

Us was told Lori had wanted Olivia to wait until after the trial finished to resume her career. But Olivia got impatient. “Lori was very clear in telling Olivia to remain quiet and not do anything controversial,” a source said.

Olivia "is done waiting for the trial to be over," a separate insider said. A source told Us that Olivia wasn't vlogging blindly either: "Olivia’s lawyer is providing counsel as to what content and topics Olivia can safely discuss."

The video wasn't taken well by Lori though, an Us source said: “Olivia’s YouTube video was a big betrayal. And cracks in the family are starting to show.”

Why Olivia Jade’s YouTube Return Caused Drama With Lori Loughlin

How Lori Loughlin Really Felt About Daughter Olivia’s YouTube Return

Bob Saget Will 'Always Love' Lori Loughlin Amid Scandal, Won't 'Cut People Out'

“I don’t cut people that I love from my life unless they shot me in the eye,” the 63-year-old comedian told Us Weekly this week. “No matter what, everyone does something in their life that comes out in the press — no matter what we do. I just love her and I’ll always love her.”

In October, he said that he felt lucky to have such a close friendship with Loughlin, 55, and he wouldn’t be willing to end it over her legal trouble. “I love the people I love,” Saget said at the time. “I have empathy for people that are in my life for 35 years. I don’t cut people out.”

Also:

‘Fuller House’ star Andrea Barber talks about Lori Loughlin, mental health on ‘Dr. Oz Show’

Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy’s youngest daughter, Georgia, will attend Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York. Vassar is one of the more difficult colleges to get into in the state of New York, 8,961 people applied last year and only 2,098 (or 23.4 percent) were admitted.

The Desperate Housewives alum was arrested in March for paying a $15,000 bribe to boost her eldest daughter Sophia’s SAT scores. Huffman later admitted that she considered doing the same for Georgia but ultimately decided against it.

Sophia, 19, graduated from the Los Angeles High School of the Arts in June, but her college plans remain unclear.

Felicity Huffman’s Youngest Daughter Announces Which College She’ll Attend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members