Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those interested in some in-depth information re. SAT scores, here's a link to a 'calcultor': 1000 SAT Score: Is this good?

I put in 1000 since that's around where Lori Loughlin's younger daughter scored on her own, her score was then tweaked up to 1420. When you scroll all the way down, you can input the 1420 and see the difference in percentile/competitive for [schools]/missing out on [schools].

It makes quite a bit of a difference. I found it very interesting.

The kids didn’t take the exams with others like thousands of other kids do. They were able to claim disabilities and have private one on one testing. From there the scores were corrected on the spot (sometimes after the child left), someone sat next to them and gave them the answers or someone else took the actual test.

"The man who masterminded the college bribery scandal allegedly met with a University of Texas tennis coach in a parking lot and handed him $60,000 in cash to secure a spot at the school for one of his clients.

The boy’s dad — who hasn’t been named — in 2015 paid crooked college prep adviser William “Rick” Singer with stocks worth more than $600,000 to get his son into the school, a criminal complaint against tennis coach Michael Center alleges.

Singer then cut a deal with Center to pay the coach a total of $100,000 to name the teen as a tennis recruit to the college, prosecutors claim.

The boy’s own application showed he hadn’t played tennis since his freshman year of high school ..."

https://nypost.com/2019/03/13/colle...ded-texas-coach-60k-cash-in-parking-lot-feds/

The kids didn’t take the exams with others like thousands of other kids do. They were able to claim disabilities and have private one on one testing. From there the scores were corrected on the spot (sometimes after the child left), someone sat next to them and gave them the answers or someone else took the actual test.
Right. That's another level of the deceit - and throwing into question the integrity of scores by students who really do qualify for private testing arrangements.

jmo

As Lori Loughlin traveled from Vancouver to L.A. Tuesday night to surrender to federal authorities in the college bribery scandal -- which got her daughter, Olivia Jade, into USC -- Olivia spent the night on the yacht of the Chairman of USC's Board of Trustees ... but she's off the boat now, TMZ has learned.

We've learned 19-year-old Olivia was on Rick Caruso's yacht in the Bahamas. Caruso's daughter, Gianna, Olivia and several other friends were spending spring break in the area.

Lori Loughlin's Daughter Olivia Leaves Yacht of USC's Board of Trustees Chairman

Whoa.

This is like the build-up to the French Revolution stuff

“Let them Spring Break on the USC CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD’S YACHT”

All of these parents involved should be SO ASHAMED. So many students are working their butts off to earn a spot that unworthy cheaters are stealing.
My daughter is a senior. She took the ACT 4 times, tutoring and practice tests to get her score up to where she wanted. She took all AP and dual credit courses. Has over a 4.0 gpa. Officer of 2 community service based organizations. Has been a paid journalist for our local paper for the last year.
We’ve also worked to save college money for our kids. It’s a start but financial aid and scholarships will be necessary.

She did not get into our state university (that IS implicated in this scandal). She was accepted into a program where she has to go to another university in the system for freshman year & transfer in to the flagship sophomore year. I see it as a way for them to guarantee worthy students coming in to replace the freshman dropouts that shouldn’t have been admitted in the first place. Ugh. None of it is fair, but she’s been awarded scholarships to other schools so she’ll be attending one of those instead. She’s a smart cookie, and she’ll be just fine.
People are so MAD because we all know how hard this process is and how much WORK goes into going to college. I wonder if any of these parents even considered that doing what they did was screwing another deserving kid? Did it even occur to them at all? :mad:
Ditto for my daughter & our family. I’m betting that these entitled fraudulent parents and their pathetic lazy kids did consider deserving kids. And laughed while pulling out their entitled wallets in joyful superior glee. I’m thrilled with the enormous public humiliation & disgust they are experiencing. But I still want to see them in their little orange suits.

Ditto for my daughter & our family. I’m betting that these entitled fraudulent parents and their pathetic lazy kids did consider deserving kids. And laughed while pulling out their entitled wallets in joyful superior glee. I’m thrilled with the enormous public humiliation & disgust they are experiencing. But I still want to see them in their little orange suits.

That would be interesting. These are people who have all of the advantages in the world, and they still cheated. I just don't get it.

Of course, I am one of the "great unwashed", I went to a state university. I didn't have rich parents to pay my tuition or buy my way into college.

That would be interesting. These are people who have all of the advantages in the world, and they still cheated. I just don't get it.

Of course, I am one of the "great unwashed", I went to a state university. I didn't have rich parents to pay my tuition or buy my way into college.
Exactly! These are families with every advantage, and they still cheated and took a spot from someone who was actually qualified but perhaps not as advantaged. What a spit in the face of our nation's value of opportunity for all. Made a mockery of it, and for that, SHAME on them.

For students out there right now busting their butts to study and earn money on their own - you are the winners worthy of admiration. Don't let the cheating scammers bring you down....cream rises to the top and your hard work will pay off. And when it does, turn around and help somebody else up.

jmo

Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade faces uncertain future at USC due to admissions scandal

Wake Forest University, a highly selective private university in North Carolina, said the only student it has connected to the case was admitted and would not be expelled.

“We have no reason to believe the student was aware of the alleged financial transaction,” Wake Forest President Nathan Hatch said Wednesday in a statement.

A spokesman for Yale University, which also had one student whose family was implicated, said in a statement that it “may take further actions,” but he did not directly address the fate of the student.
Shame on WFU. The correct response should be, “we are investigating”.

Safe to say many careers are over as they should be. People fired, removed from their positions and on it goes. Companies are already getting swamped with emails and calls. This is a huge organic movement and it's only getting warmed up.
YES! Gonna be as big as “Me Too” & “Time’s Up”. As it should be!

BBM
I don't know why, but I am surprised to see her name here (Lori Loughlin.) I can't wait to hear more about this too!!

^jmo,moo,imo,etc^

I forgot she was Aunt Becky. I watch her all the time on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. Unbelievable, I can’t believe she and her husband did this. But yet I can, it’s disgusting.

Marjorie Hernandez‏ @MJae13
Just heard that #LoriLoughlin might’ve left through another exit,so we might not get the shot that everyone is waiting for.Photogs and TV folks are slowly packing up. Stay tuned for the next hearing 3/29 in #Boston where all of the defendants in the case are scheduled to appear.

8:06 PM - 13 Mar 2019 from Los Angeles, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members