Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m referring to the impact on the careers of the accused. I’m also referring to a large social movement of a segment of the population, fed up with a specific type of corruption. Certainly not comparing SA to fraud.
I wouldnt call SA "corruption" but ok.

"The man who masterminded the college bribery scandal allegedly met with a University of Texas tennis coach in a parking lot and handed him $60,000 in cash to secure a spot at the school for one of his clients.

The boy’s dad — who hasn’t been named — in 2015 paid crooked college prep adviser William “Rick” Singer with stocks worth more than $600,000 to get his son into the school, a criminal complaint against tennis coach Michael Center alleges.

Singer then cut a deal with Center to pay the coach a total of $100,000 to name the teen as a tennis recruit to the college, prosecutors claim.

The boy’s own application showed he hadn’t played tennis since his freshman year of high school ..."

https://nypost.com/2019/03/13/colle...ded-texas-coach-60k-cash-in-parking-lot-feds/

Why aren't they naming all the perps/suspects? Why are some getting special treatment? Did they pay off someone to keep their name out of the news stories?

ETA: Also wish the news media wouldn't refer to these crooks as "masterminds" making "genius" schemes. Why elevate them and make them sound like something to emulate? They're not geniuses or masterminds, they're just garden-variety con artists out bilking suckers for money. The oldest criminal enterprise in human history. Scumbags like this have been around since the beginning of time.

Last edited:
LOL, I was thinking the same thing earlier and wondering if I would be seeing perp walks of anyone I know in the future.:D:D:D

Haha! I actually do a tiny bit of freelance work for a college education consultant. Nothing illegal, but I have lightly edited essays written by ESL applicants....hope the feds don't come after her and then me! ;) (Seriously, though, I hope she's on the up and up since she actually is also connected at a high level to a 501c3....it would suck to find out this is an industry-wide "thing.")

Haha! I actually do a tiny bit of freelance work for a college education consultant. Nothing illegal, but I have lightly edited essays written by ESL applicants....hope the feds don't come after her and then me! ;) (Seriously, though, I hope she's on the up and up since she actually is also connected at a high level to a 501c3....it would suck to find out this is an industry-wide "thing.")

Yikes!

I wouldnt call SA "corruption" but ok.
SA is criminal. And the continuous cover-up of repeat offenders of SA- as exposed in the Hollywood communuty (and other specific social communities) is corrupt. With enough outrage, it led to the MT & TU movements. I predict the corrupt practice of fraudulent admissions applications will be equally widespread within the same affluent communities. And perhaps will result in a social movement that promotes correct action through social exposure & pressure. This is my hope & prediction with this issue. Sorry if my posts were confusing. JMOO & observation.

SA is criminal. And the continuous cover-up of repeat offenders of SA- as exposed in the Hollywood communuty (and other specific social communities) is corrupt. With enough outrage, it led to the MT & TU movements. I predict the corrupt practice of fraudulent admissions applications will be equally widespread within the same affluent communities. And perhaps will result in a social movement that promotes correct action through social exposure & pressure. This is my hope & prediction with this issue. Sorry if my posts were confusing. JMOO & observation.

Pardon if I missed out, but what is SA? TIA.

delete!! I totally misread something. Dumb me.

Did she really have a career? So many people I've talked to have never heard of her. Doesn't sound like its much of a loss. I'm also still wondering if they're going to name ALL the names of those caught up in the criminal activity or if they will keep some of the names secret? Seems like they're throwing out the names of a couple of B or D or Z grade celebrities as a distraction while the names of the bigger fish go unreported. I hope those cases aren't swept under the rug... Maybe some FOIA requests are in order.

Why aren't they naming all the perps/suspects? Why are some getting special treatment? Did they pay off someone to keep their name out of the news stories?
Well, these two moms are famous actresses and the public recognizes them. They've made their living by capturing the attention of audiences, so I think it's rather natural people would be interested in them.

But, I'm with you - I'm curious about what is happening with all the others too. I'm assuming they are also out on bond since they all have loads of money.

I'm also curious if there are more names to come.

jmo

Wowwwww......

Also, universities have yachts?

ETA: Nevermind, misread :).

They may. It's become ridiculous in higher education. How does a university official earn enough money to buy his own yacht? Think of all the kids trying to pay off student loans to support that.

I do know Ohio State has its own airport, loaded with lots of personal jets and planes. Glad I didn't send my kids there to support that, but I'm stuck paying taxes for it.

They may. It's become ridiculous in higher education. How does a university official earn enough money to buy his own yacht? Think of all the kids trying to pay off student loans to support that.

I do know Ohio State has its own airport, loaded with lots of personal jets and planes. Glad I didn't send my kids there to support that, but I'm stuck paying taxes for it.
The yacht owner is on the Board of Trustees. That's big-money folk, not a professor.

Lori Loughlin and her husband have a lot of money...these are the people they hang out with.

jmo

Well, these two moms are famous actresses and the public recognizes them. They've made their living by capturing the attention of audiences, so I think it's rather natural people would be interested in them.

But, I'm with you - I'm curious about what is happening with all the others too. I'm assuming they are also out on bond since they all have loads of money.

I'm also curious if there are more names to come.

jmo

Yep, your link and quote above said there was an "anonymous" person who gave a coach $60,000 in cash to secure a spot for their kid. They should be naming that guy's name instead of protecting him.
Wonder if they'll offer the hidden wealthy scumbags special deals to avoid prosecution? If FOIA doesn't shine a light on the cockroaches, maybe some hackers will.

Pardon if I missed out, but what is SA? TIA.
Sexual assault- as exposed recently in context of Hollywood. Which has nothing to do with fraudulent college admission practices, but for igniting social outrage- such as that which led to the “me too” & “time’s up” movement. I hope this admission fraud, and the outrage it is fueling, will lead to a social movement that yields change.

The yacht owner is on the Board of Trustees. That's big-money folk, not a professor.

Lori Loughlin and her husband have a lot of money...these are the people they hang out with.

jmo

So the university doesn't contribute anything to paying for his yacht? Is he also working for free as a member of the Board of Trustees? If not, then the university and taxpayers are paying for his yacht.

Sexual assault- as exposed recently in context of Hollywood. Which has nothing to do with fraudulent college admission practices, but for igniting social outrage- such as that which led to the “me too” & “time’s up” movement. I hope this admission fraud, and the outrage it is fueling, will lead to a social movement that yields change.

Thanks! Agree! Corruption, racketeering, theft, fraud, etc. are all serious crimes, even among the 1%. It's time to start holding them accountable the same as everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo