Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T
These rich and ultra wealthy have no idea how we the regular people live. Having a son who married into one of these wealthy families, I sit in awe watching how they live.

They have helpers who do everything for them, they only have to be in charge of scheduling the nannies and getting themselves dressed.

Someone cleans house twice a week, more if guests are coming, does laundry while another irons. The drawers are straighted each time laundry is put up. Fresh linens are put on beds. If something new is needed, be it groceries, new towels, sheets, just pick the phone up to order it. There is a helper to prep meals before dinner, she may stay during the meal serving, then clean up or will come back later that evening to clean up.

The most outlandish thing I heard was when I complimented my son on the beautiful orchids all over the house. When we got home, he told me a service comes in weekly to care for them and replaces them as needed.

Last note, they have an 8 seater jet, however, the family has outgrown the jet. It takes the jet 3 trips, sometimes 4, to get everyone and all their things on family vacations. Depending on distance, they may send a truck with all their travel possessions ahead so only 3 trips are needed by the jet. LOL!!

All this is beyond my comprehension! While I grew up with fairly rich kids, no one compared to this in-law family.

Must share this from 3 year old grand child. He asked me one day “who cleans your house?” My reply “I clean it myself”. Naturally he wanted to know why so I said because I couldn’t afford to have someone clean it. The little guy said “we need to take care of that and get someone to clean your house”. Floored me this child did not know people do clean their own house! This is how these spoiled kids get started. He even knows if he wants something laundered to take it to the housekeeper and politely ask her to wash it.

NO, a thousand times over I don’t approve of this or like it!
My house is two hours away so my influence is lost when the other grandparents live five minutes away and see him four to five times a week, plus the many times the housekeeper is in his home.

The point of all this is to enlighten all how early these children get started in their spoiled ways, attitudes, and manners. The father in this case is Home most evenings and weekends, so he trains him as he was raised.

Only time will tell if he can bypass this generation of a child being given an award just for showing up - not for being the best in a certain field.

O/T
These rich and ultra wealthy have no idea how we the regular people live. Having a son who married into one of these wealthy families, I sit in awe watching how they live.

They have helpers who do everything for them, they only have to be in charge of scheduling the nannies and getting themselves dressed.

Someone cleans house twice a week, more if guests are coming, does laundry while another irons. The drawers are straighted each time laundry is put up. Fresh linens are put on beds. If something new is needed, be it groceries, new towels, sheets, just pick the phone up to order it. There is a helper to prep meals before dinner, she may stay during the meal serving, then clean up or will come back later that evening to clean up.

The most outlandish thing I heard was when I complimented my son on the beautiful orchids all over the house. When we got home, he told me a service comes in weekly to care for them and replaces them as needed.

Last note, they have an 8 seater jet, however, the family has outgrown the jet. It takes the jet 3 trips, sometimes 4, to get everyone and all their things on family vacations. Depending on distance, they may send a truck with all their travel possessions ahead so only 3 trips are needed by the jet. LOL!!

All this is beyond my comprehension! While I grew up with fairly rich kids, no one compared to this in-law family.

Must share this from 3 year old grand child. He asked me one day “who cleans your house?” My reply “I clean it myself”. Naturally he wanted to know why so I said because I couldn’t afford to have someone clean it. The little guy said “we need to take care of that and get someone to clean your house”. Floored me this child did not know people do clean their own house! This is how these spoiled kids get started. He even knows if he wants something laundered to take it to the housekeeper and politely ask her to wash it.

NO, a thousand times over I don’t approve of this or like it!
My house is two hours away so my influence is lost when the other grandparents live five minutes away and see him four to five times a week, plus the many times the housekeeper is in his home.

The point of all this is to enlighten all how early these children get started in their spoiled ways, attitudes, and manners. The father in this case is Home most evenings and weekends, so he trains him as he was raised.

Only time will tell if he can bypass this generation of a child being given an award just for showing up - not for being the best in a certain field.

Oh my gosh. Thank you for sharing your story. A few years ago, when my grandson was on a soccer team, I asked my daughter how his team was doing. She said that the team went to a No-Score sport policy. Everyone is a winner! I was like what?!!

I think it's terrific that Rick Caruso, the USC Chairman of the Board invites worthy young college students onto his private megayacht for a week at a time.

Does he start with freshmen or the seniors? Or does he mix it? If he's inviting the entire student body, does USC pay for it or does he get to write it off for charity?

I just assume the Chairman of the Board doesn't pick favorites, don't you?

It's mid March and that means Spring Break even for U S C.

Caruso said: 'My daughter and a group of students left for spring break prior to the government's announcement yesterday. Once we became aware of the investigation, the young woman decided it would be in her best interests to return home.'

Olivia has since disembarked and gone back to Los Angeles to face the allegations that could result in her getting expelled from USC.

Lori Loughlin's daughter on spring break on USC official's yacht when college bribery scandal broke | Daily Mail Online

It's mid March and that means Spring Break even for U S C.

Caruso said: 'My daughter and a group of students left for spring break prior to the government's announcement yesterday. Once we became aware of the investigation, the young woman decided it would be in her best interests to return home.'

Olivia has since disembarked and gone back to Los Angeles to face the allegations that could result in her getting expelled from USC.

Lori Loughlin's daughter on spring break on USC official's yacht when college bribery scandal broke | Daily Mail Online

Very nice of them to decide to come back. <modsnip - namecalling>

Last edited by a moderator:
big difference Spacey molested a young man, these people are guilty of being rich and stupid not the same
I think Sulamith’s point is that Spacey’s criminal behavior cast the whole network/show in such unfavorable light that even he, as the main actor/producer, was pulled. The college admission scandal is also criminal (not just stupid) and casts the networks/shows in a negative light & may (probably imo) lead to shows being cancelled & actors being out of work.

I think Sulamith’s point is that Spacey’s criminal behavior cast the whole network/show in such unfavorable light that even he, as the main actor/producer, was pulled. The college admission scandal is also criminal (not just stupid) and casts the networks/shows in a negative light & may (probably imo) lead to shows being cancelled & actors being out of work.

Thank you JudgeJoe, what you stated was exactly my point!

So, I'm curious...once you've bought your dumb kid a spot in the college of your choice, how do you ensure they actually pass their classes? Is there another layer of lying and cheating yet to be discovered?

maybe i should have explained more, yeah that might be true but you can probably walk this back a variety of ways, where as Spacey in a time of #metoo and Weinstein ( is that his name ) its not really able to continue i think everyone knew when Spacey got accused it would be finished it was such a big deal with all that was going on with sexual abuse victums and social media that action to fire him was all that could be done they couldn't continue

as where this is rich parents paying for their kids to get into college/university which while this method is different has been happening for years aka " buy a new libary for the school " type stuff which has been going on for decades, the difference with the aunt becky stuff is where the whole school benefits from those type of situations where a new building has been built or the sports team gets new gear this was money for only one or two people for them personally ( i think that is correct from the stuff i read)

to me however crimnal it seems they are worlds apart, it would seem to me she has a much better chance to walk this thing back compared to Spacey, that what i meant in more details i hope that makes sense

So, I'm curious...once you've bought your dumb kid a spot in the college of your choice, how do you ensure they actually pass their classes? Is there another layer of lying and cheating yet tobe discovered?
School tutors do all your work for you basically check out Alabama etc

This whole scenario reminds me of a show on the CW where Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars had a baby. But like a less cerebral, not so refined baby. I have to also admit that I’m i favor of Aunt Becky keeping her sappy hallmark whatever IF we keep William H. Macey/Shamelss on air still... it’s good tv. But this is all really happening, in real time and it’s riveting.

maybe i should have explained more, yeah that might be true but you can probably walk this back a variety of ways, where as Spacey in a time of #metoo and Weinstein ( is that his name ) its not really able to continue i think everyone knew when Spacey got accused it would be finished it was such a big deal with all that was going on with sexual abuse victums and social media that action to fire him was all that could be done they couldn't continue

as where this is rich parents paying for their kids to get into college/university which while this method is different has been happening for years aka " buy a new libary for the school " type stuff which has been going on for decades, the difference with the aunt becky stuff is where the whole school benefits from those type of situations where a new building has been built or the sports team gets new gear this was money for only one or two people for them personally ( i think that is correct from the stuff i read)

to me however crimnal it seems they are worlds apart, it would seem to me she has a much better chance to walk this thing back compared to Spacey, that what i meant in more details i hope that makes sense

School tutors do all your work for you basically check out Alabama etc
I think I hear what you’re saying & wholeheartedly agree that the nature of a sex crime is horrific in severity, and can’t be compared to something like cheating, misrepresentation, mail fraud- by any means whatsoever. But I still don’t think this can be “walked back” with apologies, fines or other concessions of guilt. Cheating lower & middle income students out of their fair shot at a seat in a top-tier university- and their dreams- that they’ve pursued the good-old-fashioned way by haaaaaard work is so morally offensive. It has really struck a chord with parents- thousands of families- as so unjust, unfair, cavalier, wrong. It’s truly outraged me, knowing what my daughter went through to earn-and keep- her spot/scholarships in her dream school. These cheating kids & parents should not be allowed to tiptoe away from what they did to others and to the integrity of the admissions system. I sincerely hope the consequences are humiliating & expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214