Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the university doesn't contribute anything to paying for his yacht? Is he also working for free as a member of the Board of Trustees? If not, then the university and taxpayers are paying for his yacht.

The compensation for these boards is relatively modest. You are part of the 1 per cent before you get appointed. He would have a yacht regardless of this position.

How have you determined that the school and taxpayers are paying for the yacht? Could you please explain it in detail?

$500,000 !!!!!!!!

USC is certainly not worth half a million to get your stupid kids a name education.

Mail fraud & wire fraud are BIG LEAGUE charges

This is so absolutely lame
would have been easier to get in under academics

but her two girls don't seem like the "effort" type if you know what i mean, i am talking about aunt becky here

she herself is suspect and has done some suspect things during the past 20 years including leaving her husband with no notice on thanksgiving and eloping with her lover the founder of mossimo, taking some "short cuts" in life

I think it's terrific that Rick Caruso, the USC Chairman of the Board invites worthy young college students onto his private megayacht for a week at a time.

Does he start with freshmen or the seniors? Or does he mix it? If he's inviting the entire student body, does USC pay for it or does he get to write it off for charity?

I just assume the Chairman of the Board doesn't pick favorites, don't you?

Interesting and 100% on topic

College admissions scam rekindles scrutiny of Kushner's Harvard acceptance, $2.5M pledge

WASHINGTON – The college admissions bribery investigation that led to charges on Tuesday against 50 people, including CEOs and Hollywood celebrities, has placed a new focus on how President Donald Trump's son-in-law got into Harvard.

Jared Kushner, who serves as a top aide to Trump, and his acceptance to the Ivy League school was investigated as part of the 2006 book "The Price of Admission" written by ProPublica editor Daniel Golden.

The book examined how the nation's wealthy buy their children into prestigious schools with tax write-offs and other donations. One such donation was made by Kushner's father, real estate developer Charles Kushner.

Golden wrote a 2016 story after Trump won the presidency, about his book and specifically a legal $2.5 million donation that Charles Kushner pledged to Harvard in 1998. It wasn't long after, according to Golden, that his son was accepted to the prestigious school.

I think it's terrific that Rick Caruso, the USC Chairman of the Board invites worthy young college students onto his private megayacht for a week at a time.

Does he start with freshmen or the seniors? Or does he mix it? If he's inviting the entire student body, does USC pay for it or does he get to write it off for charity?

I just assume the Chairman of the Board doesn't pick favorites, don't you?

Probably starts with a Freshman Mixer??

I had to read this several times:

It is the yacht belonging to the official, not the yacht belonging to USC (note the placement of the apostrophe)

He's a billionaire so he can invite whomever he wants and his daughter hangs with the dubious student.

But I think he should show the same magnanimity to ALL USC students.

It is the yacht belonging to the official, not the yacht belonging to USC (note the placement of the apostrophe)

He's a billionaire so he can invite whomever he wants and his daughter hangs with the dubious student.

i am not even sure why both of them are there, one of them wants to be a fashion designer and one wants to be a youtube makeup star

neither of those really need a USC education so i am guessing its just for posh points

So he can invite whoever he wants, but you think he should invite all students?

It’s his private boat and his private life, so I don’t understand your second point. It’s not a school function. Please illuminate me.

i am not even sure why both of them are there, one of them wants to be a fashion designer and one wants to be a youtube makeup star

neither of those really need a USC education so i am guessing its just for posh points

I can't imagine that they actually receive a diploma. I'm not convinced they attend classes or study or take exams - TAKE THEIR OWN EXAMS, I mean.

If they claim they graduate, then some university licensing board needs to investigate.

So he can invite whoever he wants, but you think he should invite all students?

It’s his private boat and his private life, so I don’t understand your second point. It’s not a school function. Please illuminate me.

<modsnip -bickering>

USC might get sued if the Chairman of the Board is playing favorites

Last edited by a moderator:
so i just read that link 1mil bail is crazy

also IMG Academy is linked into this, if they go after that place or anyone who used this guy to get into whatever program look for many sports stars and college stars to be under the microscope

i am looking for aunt beckys tv company to see if a statment from hallmark was made but can't find one if someone else see's it please post it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski