Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be off base, but I don't think Lopez was referring to Trump, though I suppose he could have been. I thought he was comparing the elite fudging documents for the benefit of their kids' future to people in the country illegally faking documents for the purpose of providing a better life for their kids or parents in bad school districts lying about their address so their kids can attend a better school.

I thought Lopez was saying people shouldn't throw rocks at the little people for doing the same things the elite do for their families.

jmo
I agree. The reference to Pres Trump was in the article I quoted.

Hallmark cutting ties with Lori Loughlin after arrest in college admissions scam case

"Hallmark Cards Inc. says it will no longer work with Loughlin and has stopped development of all productions involving her.

Loughlin is a big presence for Hallmark and its Crown Media Family Networks channels that include the flagship Hallmark Channel.

She’s been a longtime star of the channel’s Christmas movies and is also is in its “Garage Sale Mysteries” movies and the series “When Calls the Heart.”"

People Ask If The College-Cheating-Scam Actresses Will Be Jailed Like The Black Moms Who Used Fake Addresses To Send Kids to Better Schools

The college bribery scandal has outraged many who remember the Black mothers who were served jail time for lying about their addresses so their children could attend school in a better district.

In one particular 2012 instance, a homeless Connecticut mother was sentenced to five years for using a babysitter’s address so her son could attend a better elementary school. The state of Connecticut accused Tonya McDowell of stealing $15,686 worth of education from the city of Norwalk when her child should have been enrolled in Bridgeport school.

In 2011, Kelley Williams-Bolar, of Ohio, was also jailed for lying about her residency to send her child to a better school. In the end, Williams-Bolar was sentenced to 10 days in county jail and put on three years of probation. She was also required to perform community service.

I recall the Ohio case (Williams-Bolar).

This was another situation of the cover up getting her jailed, and NOT the crime. When first confronted, defendant faked documents and also got her father to fake documents to cover up her lie and continue the scam. Mom went to jail for 10 days after refusing to repay tuition.

The celebrity moms here would also be sitting in jail right now if they didn't post $500k and $1mil bonds.

Last edited:
Hallmark cutting ties with Lori Loughlin after arrest in college admissions scam case

"Hallmark Cards Inc. says it will no longer work with Loughlin and has stopped development of all productions involving her.

Loughlin is a big presence for Hallmark and its Crown Media Family Networks channels that include the flagship Hallmark Channel.

She’s been a longtime star of the channel’s Christmas movies and is also is in its “Garage Sale Mysteries” movies and the series “When Calls the Heart.”"

Oops:D:D:D

Lori Loughlin and Her Husband Are ‘Finding Out Who Their Real Friends Are’ After College Admissions Scandal: Source

“Olivia and Isabella’s personalities were always very different from their parents. They are average students. They have never been obsessed with school and didn’t seem to care that much,” the source says. “They attended school because their parents made them. Their focus was never about getting straight As. It was always clear that it was the parents that pushed them to go to school. Olivia always talks about her vlog. This is her passion. She never really understood why she needs to go to school.” (Neither of the daughters have been charged in connection with the scheme, and it is not known whether they were even aware of it.)

Despite their disinterest, Loughlin and Giannulli would still champion the girls’ triumphs among their friend circles.

“They love to talk about how amazing their daughters are,” the source says of Loughlin and Giannulli. “They are very competitive parents and they like to show off.”

I despise parents like that^^

One thing I wanted to say is that in the situation with the Walton heir kids, there has NEVER been a situation where the kids themselves ever showed that "don't you know who I am" behavior in town. If they ever (seldom) went to a WalMart they stood in line like everybody else. They were raised to never use that WalMart name in public. Now the parents pushed the envelope (and still do).

JMO

Lori Loughlin and Her Husband Are ‘Finding Out Who Their Real Friends Are’ After College Admissions Scandal: Source

“Olivia and Isabella’s personalities were always very different from their parents. They are average students. They have never been obsessed with school and didn’t seem to care that much,” the source says. “They attended school because their parents made them. Their focus was never about getting straight As. It was always clear that it was the parents that pushed them to go to school. Olivia always talks about her vlog. This is her passion. She never really understood why she needs to go to school.” (Neither of the daughters have been charged in connection with the scheme, and it is not known whether they were even aware of it.)

Despite their disinterest, Loughlin and Giannulli would still champion the girls’ triumphs among their friend circles.

“They love to talk about how amazing their daughters are,” the source says of Loughlin and Giannulli. “They are very competitive parents and they like to show off.”

I despise parents like that^^

To me being all that competitive about how great your kids are is much the same as aren't I great mentality. Many times too is the parents living vicariously through there kids.

JMO

Awesome. Does this mean she can turn in her passport early since those trips to Canada won’t be needed?

She speaks again:

Kyle Richards Shuts Down Trolls Who Ask If She's Involved in College Scam

“Some people are really unbelievable,” the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star, 50, captioned an Instagram Story screenshot on Wednesday, March 13, of Sophia defending herself against haters. “So proud of you @sophiakylieee.”

Sophia, 18, who is a freshman at George Washington University in Washington, D.C., didn’t hold back after a fan commented on her page, “Did your parents bribe your way into Gw just like all your neighbors back home did? You seem incredibly stupid.”

The teen quipped back, “I actually graduated high school on the deans list and worked really hard to get into a good school thank u for ur concern tho sweetie.”

Kyle's comment from the other day before:

“We know a lot of people in that circle and it was really shocking today,” explained the Bravo star, who is friends with Lori Loughlin. “Everyone’s talking about it today, you know, in our world and our circle. Until today, had never heard this ever existed. Maybe I’m naive. I didn’t even know that existed.”

Kyle Richards' husband Mauricio Umansky sued for fraud in $32m Malibu mansion deal | Daily Mail Online

Their daughter may have worked hard to get into a good school but it sounds like the tuiton money could have come from a fraudulent real estate deal.

One thing I wanted to say is that in the situation with the Walton heir kids, there has NEVER been a situation where the kids themselves ever showed that "don't you know who I am" behavior in town. If they ever (seldom) went to a WalMart they stood in line like everybody else. They were raised to never use that WalMart name in public. Now the parents pushed the envelope (and still do).

JMO

I don't know their situation at all except from the few things that were posted here, but at least that sounds decent.

And there it is folks: This is why they bribe a fake charity $1,000,000 to push their disinterested children to fake entrance to a school where they will meet other kids of rich and famous people.

Felony mail fraud and IRS tax fraud.

Facing prison terms, sanctions, massive expenses

Lori and Mossimo couldnt just let their daughters grow up to be whomever they are going to be

Until this story, I wasn't aware that USC was all that. Stanford, Berkeley - I could see. But USC? Really?

IKR?

USC is really a laughingstock in academic circles.

But it’s NOT about academics. It’s about getting access to really powerful, rich people - that bit with Olivia on the yacht didn’t just happen without some powerful pushing from mommy & daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr