NC NC - Allen Croft, 46, Durham, 11 May 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stench of corruption is repugnant! There must be accountability, and laws must be changed! Apparently, the FOIA isn't enough! Not all of LE are bad, but the one's who are, mocks the system!
We are not the only family to have suffered injustice from LE, and unfortunately will not be the last, but I still have faith God will prevail, and ultimately, is the eternal judge!
It has become a quest of mine to not only find the truth, and justice for my brother, but also for the loved ones left behind, who have the Constitutional Right to know!
Public Records are just that, and open to all! Even more so, to the "Next of Kin."
How many more lives must be lost, and go unheard? Where is their voice? What has become of our rights?!
With God's help, I will see my brother's murderer caught and convicted, and have legislation passed in his honor for ALL who have suffered.....
Their lives had meaning, and deserves respect, and resolution!

The stench of corruption is repugnant! There must be accountability, and laws must be changed! Apparently, the FOIA isn't enough! Not all of LE are bad, but the one's who are, mocks the system!
We are not the only family to have suffered injustice from LE, and unfortunately will not be the last, but I still have faith God will prevail, and ultimately, is the eternal judge!
It has become a quest of mine to not only find the truth, and justice for my brother, but also for the loved ones left behind, who have the Constitutional Right to know!
Public Records are just that, and open to all! Even more so, to the "Next of Kin."
How many more lives must be lost, and go unheard? Where is their voice? What has become of our rights?!
With God's help, I will see my brother's murderer caught and convicted, and have legislation passed in his honor for ALL who have suffered.....
Their lives had meaning, and deserves respect, and resolution!

With God's help, I will soon be releasing a petition for the laws to be changed, and as "We, the PEOPLE," are entitled to that, and to those who are deceased, the respect and attention they are due!
As was given the idea by a beautiful soul here on this site. It will be called Jack's Law, for FOIA to mean just that, and information released that current guidelines prohibits, which is censorship!

With God's help, I will soon be releasing a petition for the laws to be changed, and as "We, the PEOPLE," are entitled to that, and to those who are deceased, the respect and attention they are due!
As was given the idea by a beautiful soul here on this site. It will be called Jack's Law, for FOIA to mean just that, and information released that current guidelines prohibits, which is censorship!

J4J ~ I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain it's continuing to bring you and your family. I hope your health is holding up also.

When was the last time you spoke to your brother before he passed?

I can believe he wouldn't want you to be compromising your health with all this stress and he knows you have your daughter to care for.

I wanted to ask if there was/is someone in your brothers and sister-in-laws life with certain initials, but I won't ask if you prefer I don't.

Please, let your brothers spirit give you strength, peace and guidance, he's sitting right there on your shoulder, listen to him in your heart. <3

((((hugs))))

Thank you sooooo much for your kind words, and prayers! The people on this site have helped and cared. and I cannot tell you how much this has meant to me personally! I know we are not the only family suffering, and is why I also plan to have legislation changed, so that some resolution may be had.
As for my health, God Bless you for caring! I have to live for my daughter and mom, and just keep doing all I can....

We got a letter from Dr Butts, Cheif Medical Examiner, and he said the GSR test came back......
His findings.....

Positive for trace elements, but not diagnostic.

WTF does that mean?!

The murderer IMO put his hand on the gun to leave finger prints, which, they did not test for!
Plus, it still does not explain the lack of any splatter on the gun, or him...PLUS, how can there be no tattooing or burning to the entrance wound if it was a direct shot?!
He was killed with a 357 Smith and Wesson, with hollow point bullets....
And, how would he have obtained those?! I thought they was banned?

Justice4Jack said:
We got a letter from Dr Butts, Cheif Medical Examiner, and he said the GSR test came back......
His findings.....

Positive for trace elements, but not diagnostic.

WTF does that mean?!

The murderer IMO put his hand on the gun to leave finger prints, which, they did not test for!
Plus, it still does not explain the lack of any splatter on the gun, or him...PLUS, how can there be no tattooing or burning to the entrance wound if it was a direct shot?!
He was killed with a 357 Smith and Wesson, with hollow point bullets....
And, how would he have obtained those?! I thought they was banned?
People can get I bet almost anything, blackmarket....
Does the police(I would think they do) still have the gun?
Have it tested.....The prints still should be on it.....

They gave the gun back to the wife, and did no tests on the gun at all! He was also cremated with the clothes he had on...Quite the loving widow huh?!

Some info on hollow points

Despite the ban on military use, hollow point bullets are one of the most common types of civilian and police ammunition, due largely to the reduced risk of bystanders being hit by over penetrating or ricocheted bullets, and the increased speed of incapacitation. In many jurisdictions it is illegal to hunt game with ammunition that doesn't expand, and many target ranges also forbid full metal jacket ammunition.
http://www.answers.com/topic/hollow-point-bullet

I have studied myself into a frenzy with everything forensic, dealing with firearms. I have spent countless hours looking up details, plus trying to obtain the information......I have showed many officers the pictures of the crime scene, and was told it did not match up, and now after these latest results, will FINALLY get help!!!!!!

It is all just a matter of time...I know the Lord WILL see that something good come from the lives of my brother and Janet!!!
And to millions nationally who have also suffered the same fate!!!

It is all just a matter of time...I know the Lord WILL see that something good come from the lives of my brother and Janet!!!
And to millions nationally who have also suffered the same fate!!!

The truly sad part is that it is rampant in EVERY state, which is why I plan to have a law passed to help change things so that this needless suffering ends!!!!
FAMILY should have the right to know EVERYTHING when a loved one is found dead, for whatever reason!!!!!
The secrecy is just to hide incompetence, and LE should be held accountable for their actions!!!
Had protocol been adhered to, I would not be here now seeking help for what should have been done, and wasn't, I would instead have peace knowing his murderer was caught and punished.....
So much for "And Justice For All!".......

May God bless all those who also are in agony, have faith that he is with you each step of the way, and our loved ones are in a far better place, just waiting to be united forever.....

The truly sad part is that it is rampant in EVERY state, which is why I plan to have a law passed to help change things so that this needless suffering ends!!!!
FAMILY should have the right to know EVERYTHING when a loved one is found dead, for whatever reason!!!!!
The secrecy is just to hide incompetence, and LE should be held accountable for their actions!!!
Had protocol been adhered to, I would not be here now seeking help for what should have been done, and wasn't, I would instead have peace knowing his murderer was caught and punished.....
So much for "And Justice For All!".......

May God bless all those who also are in agony, have faith that he is with you each step of the way, and our loved ones are in a far better place, just waiting to be united forever.....

J4J,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and all of the tribulation your family has had to endure. I was just wondering if you have thought about starting a blog or a webpage dedicated to your brothers memory and to finding the out the truth? When there are pictures and a story to view, it could help jog a memory.

Just a couple of questions. The area your brother was found in, was it easily seen from a road or a path? Could there have been someone that saw your brother prior to his death? Witness, passerby, someone that would have known if he was alone or with another person. What is his wife doing now? Is she still in the area? How well did you know her? Do you know anything about her past?

I hope you find the answers you are searching for.
Mindz

Thank you mindz, it has been a nightmare taking over a year to just obtain one report from LE. I too wished I knew the answers to your questions! Some things I do know for fact. and am praying that resolution will be forthcoming! The pain is just too great, and as a mother, I have to live for my child, and also my mother!!!
He was just my hero, and best friend! He was the dearest person you could imagine!!! He put himself through college, graduating suma *advertiser censored* laude! I will never forget that day, I was so proud, and wanted to be like him always!!!! I even played trumpet for 6 years because he did also.....I contacted the University of Virginia, where he was an alumni, and asked them to write an article for me about him, all they did was list the obit!
Pathetic is all I can say....
As for his wife, I have no clue. She lost contact with us after his death, disconnected her phone, quit 2 jobs, and is probably reading this site! I HOPE SO!!!

The TRUTH will come to light, and I have FAITH that justice is HIS!!!!!

I joined this site looking for help, and support, and have been blessed with both! Many of us here are on the same boat, and my prayers goes out to ALL who are in pain!!!!!

My daughter made a webpage for him, I was hoping to find people online who knew him. I also tried IBM, but got nothing with them....
I will post the page below, and pray that there is someone out here who knows something!!! ANYTHING!!!!!

http://community.webtv.net/RhondaFleming/InLovingMemory/

J4J,

I just finished a long "novel" to you, and I just poofed it! Man, sorry about that!

Okay, where do I begin this time?! First of all, I apologize for taking a few more days to get back to you than I originally thought. Second, you have my sincere condolences for your loss, and then the pain and agony endured in trying to find answers.

You have been given some very good recommendations from other posters! And it sounds as though contacting that college once your car is fixed, could be a great source for more specific information as to what is legal, etc. in NC. I know absolutely zip about NC legalities.

Question - have you checked to see whether the local PD or Sheriff's Dept has a Victims Services Dept? Most agencies of any decent size do, as there is normally state (and maybe federal?) funding for crime victims and their families. Therefore, there are counselors and other employees staffed to coordinate these situations. I am familiar with 4 LE agencies. Each one had this type of support, and just knowing the employees, no employee would have ever turned anyone away for asking general questions as to how the process works, etc. - not for only family members, but friends of victims, as well. Considering they work intimately with family members at the worst times of their lives, they know how to answer many of the hard questions and they know resources! They know people to contact, documents required, and can answer what to expect. They know the processes, as they are the ones guiding family members and telling them what happens next. They'd probably know what type of documents can be released, from whom, etc. If I understand your situation correctly, your brother's death was in NC, and you live in a different state. If it were me...I'd call the Durham PD (or similar) and ask for their Victim Services Dept...not the Sheriff's Dept. Just to get some general info.

Regarding your requests for info, I'm sure you had to do the FOIA in writing, but the other requests - have they been primarily in writing or on the phone? My current agency investigates EVERY written complaint received - it may be addressed to IA, the Director, the Chief, etc. - it doesn't matter where it starts at the top, it gets logged and then passed "down" to the Regional Commander. It's then logged in his office and then forwarded down the chain of command. The investigating officer(s) are notified of the complaint, and then the process of further review starts. All related documents, videos, etc. are then compiled and conclusions are reached, agreeing with initial findings or finding discrepancies. Then it goes back UP the chain for review...so honestly, it's pretty tough to have flagrant or sloppy work covered up. Of course, it depends on training and honest scrutiny from the chain of command. (I know that can be debated until the cows come home, LOL). A PROFESSIONAL agency would then send you a conclusionary letter summarizing their findings. You would most probably not be given copies of the internal memos, etc. But guess what - maybe NOW, after the complaint investigation, you could request them through the FOIA. At least in my state, you should be able to get them that way.

One last idea (I know I've made this too long, but I do tend to ramble)...UNC or other NC university...what about their law schools? I would bet someone in the law school would love to do a little research for someone as to what docs can be released, what state laws are regarding suicide investigations, autopsies, etc. Just a thought. Kill them with kindness, and someone might be willing to take your cause on...

Find out what documents you are entitled to, get those documents...and then reevaluate. If something still seems odd, (I cannot believe I'm saying this)...contact the media. They do tend to stir it up with LE ;) sometimes.

Keep us apprised. It sounds like a terrible mystery, and shows that there is always family behind every crime we hear about. The pain doesn't go away after the media coverage disappears.

J4J,
Just saw another post and thought of you...have you heard of National Association of Victim Assistance (or similar?).

I'll see what I can find if you don't beat me to it...

ETA:

NOVAA - National Assoc. of Assistance Administrators (working with crime victims) - you could try contacting them for advice.

NCVAN - NC Victim Assistance Network (NCVAN)
info@ncvan.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member