Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for CassandraLeigh - Are you paid weekly? I'm wondering if possibly there could be money direct deposited into the account the debit card is attached to late tonight/tomorrow am. If so, she might use it if she is ok.

It sure is starting to look like this is voluntary, but I can't see leaving your purse and phone at work unless you didn't want the phone tracked, but then why use your debit card at a gas station with surveillance cameras?
I wonder if all the attention of her being a missing person has her holed up somewhere, embarrassed maybe to come back now after leaving in such a strange manner and now the media attention....
I hope she's ok!

What do you all think of her facial expression? Does she look distressed or normal, fine? At first I thought she was smiling but at closer inspection I'm not sure anymore.

I wouldn't say she looks fine. She has left her job as a supervisor without telling anyone. She left her purse and phone. She knows people will be panicking and looking for her by this time. I guess if I see anything in her expression, it is defeat and resolve. MOO

ETA: And the abruptness and hurried manner in which she left tells me she needed out of there before she changed her mind. MOO

Question for CassandraLeigh - Are you paid weekly? I'm wondering if possibly there could be money direct deposited into the account the debit card is attached to late tonight/tomorrow am. If so, she might use it if she is ok.

It sure is starting to look like this is voluntary, but I can't see leaving your purse and phone at work unless you didn't want the phone tracked, but then why use your debit card at a gas station with surveillance cameras?
I wonder if all the attention of her being a missing person has her holed up somewhere, embarrassed maybe to come back now after leaving in such a strange manner and now the media attention....
I hope she's ok!
Paid every two weeks

I was just wondering the same. Looks like a bottle held upside down?

I agree HUGE news! No evidence of a crime.

So was she on the way to meet someone? Just needed a break from everything?

Hopefully not suicide! Allison call home!

Yes, let's hope she just ran away for a few days, and if she's okay, surely she can get to a phone and call her folks who are prolly sick with fear, grief, and worry. So is CassandraLeigh, and Allison's roomies. And us.

Your post made me think that a zipcode can be found if you keep the registration in the car it has your address on it. Or you keep and insurance card in the car. Or a piece of mail.

On on her license which could possibly be right next to her credit cards in her wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you all think of her facial expression? Does she look distressed or normal, fine? At first I thought she was smiling but at closer inspection I'm not sure anymore.

Speculation, imo.
Resolute, determined and serious.

Does anyone know if there was an altercation/confrontation with another employee that day that would cause her to just say "screw it, Im outta here" (not that she said that, just a theory)

When I went through my ordeal no one would have said I was in distress until I spoke with a crisis nurse. I woke up same as usual, showered, put makeup on. Got dressed nice for my office admin job. I caught my bus. No distress. As I sat on the bus I just decided I was done. I really didn't want to live. I wanted to take the bus as far as I could then take from there. I think it was divine intervention that the bus went by the hospital right during that moment. I simply got off the bus and walked into the hospital.
I was admitted for almost 2.5 months. It's crazy in hindsight now but I was just overcome with an abundance of sadness.
I hope she is just chilling by a lake or hiding out in a cabin. I really hope she is safe. Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing your story dyanna! I'm sorry you felt so sad that time but I'm glad you got the help you needed and got through the crisis and are still with us! That's wonderful!

As you say, sometimes when someone had enough of everything it's not visible to others. They appear completely normal to those around them. Case in point, Leanne Bearden. That case shocked me to the core. I would never EVER have thought she killed herself. Nor did her husband, family and friends. Everyone was shocked.

But people do just that. Leave in the middle of work, leave their home with a casual "Back in an hour" as Leanne did, and then they leave for good.

I learned here on WS that most of the time it should be taken with a grain of salt when friends and family say that a person "would never do that" (leave work, leave their kids or pets behind, harm themselves, etc). Sadly, many people do just that, to everyone's disbelief.

I hope SO much Allison did not harm herself. I hope Allison is alive somewhere, sorting herself out. Allison, the pitbulls still need you, so do your family and friends. You are loved! Very much loved. Please call home!

Does anyone know if there was an altercation/confrontation with another employee that day that would cause her to just say "screw it, Im outta here" (not that she said that, just a theory)

Or trouble at work? Unkind words from employees or customers? Unrequited feelings? Bad news? Sometimes the slightest things can cut so deeply.

She's one of those people who is always smiling, appears to be bubbly and up for adventure at the drop of a hat. Most likely big-hearted. Loneliness and sadness hides easily behind big personalities. Robin Williams, to name one.

Are we allowed to speculate here? apologies if not.

I'm thinking Allison left with the intent to return. I think she went to go get gas or something at the store and then was going to return but something happened. Carjacking gone wrong perhaps? Just had a case here in Toronto yesterday where a carjacking victim was shot (seriously injured) and the guy took off in her car. They found him, but they were very lucky.

The gas station is too far away for a quick trip out from work.

Are we allowed to speculate here? apologies if not.

I'm thinking Allison left with the intent to return. I think she went to go get gas or something at the store and then was going to return but something happened. Carjacking gone wrong perhaps? Just had a case here in Toronto yesterday where a carjacking victim was shot (seriously injured) and the guy took off in her car. They found him, but they were very lucky.

I think more may be known about her emotional state than is being said. And - I still think the roommate knows more than she's saying.

I'm thinking she left the airport of her own accord, perhaps to go grab something or to meet someone. If it was a break she could have easily asked her manager if she could get some extra time to run an important errand. So she leaves, drives to a destination, and from there things go bad? Maybe she left something important at home... needed to go get it, who knows.
I question that she would plan on driving somewhere without her driver's license. I believe she would have grabbed her purse and phone if she was driving somewhere. Assuming she keeps license in her purse.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

OH wait!! I carry a wallet that I keep in my car (shhhh) and not a purse!! What if she carried a purse, but her wallet was left in the car and that is actually what she may be carrying in the photo at the gas station.

Just saw news on ABC/WTVD. A dog Allison has worked with is being used to search for her, according to roommate Sarah Kosinski, in case the dog "accidentally" can find her. The search is in area near Falls Lake (near residence). Helicopter also looking in same area. Reporter confirmed that, per the manager, Allison got gas at pump #7, used restroom at the gas station and left.

Could someone with map skills put all the important points on one map please? I don't know how to do that.

Airport - Shell gas pump - home - current search area

Seeing those photos at the store, I sighed a relief that she 'appears' to have left on her own. Of course that feeling was quickly changed to fear of what if now....

Either she was determined to leave it all behind and start new someplace else. Which she seems to have friends in many states she could go to. Of course she could have plans to harm herself. She could have met with foul play after leaving, even if her intent to leave was voluntarily and she just had to flee in her mind.

Remember the case in WA where a lady was meeting friends to commute to work, said she forgot her name badge and for them to go without her, and she was found deceased in a creek? Ruled suicide. She had just adopted a cat she had waited months for, and no one thought she would ever leave, or was unhappy, etc.

Happens more than we realize.

I agree with all others about the emotional fatigue dealing with rescue. Two of the rescues I work with are what alerted me to this case. Both were sending out the missing alerts, and asking if people were willing to go help search if the call for help goes out. Two of my friends are friends with that rescue, but don't know her personally. Just knew as networking either pitbulls that that rescue has or in case a pit here can't be rescued, rehomed, it's a fall back to see if they can take it.

I had to stop fostering kittens when we all realized I had bottle fed almost 100 in one season. I had become obsessed to making sure no kittens died...it's not a reality. I can't save them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx