Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely also find it weird how involved the roommate is like a lot of things are directing back to her, the text about rego, the helicopter, all the contact with media and quotes, they havent really spoken to anyone else.
I even kind of had a thought about maybe its all a ploy to raise money for the rescue group? if they thought a certain donation crowd funding site would be set up or anything like that. The whole thing seems really planned if you know what i mean , leaving the phone, leaving on a break so people notice, mystery missing time where she could have gone home, then footage at a gas station, then the weird search of the lake...something is totally fishy about this,

it's not sunglasses IMO - it's just mascara or false lashes ... many of her pics on her FB show that she likes to wear black mascara/lashes

Pic enlarged.
Sunglasses or two very black eyes.
eta can one of the friends i.d. type of sunglasses she wore?

I definitely also find it weird how involved the roommate is like a lot of things are directing back to her, the text about rego, the helicopter, all the contact with media and quotes, they havent really spoken to anyone else.
I even kind of had a thought about maybe its all a ploy to raise money for the rescue group? if they thought a certain donation crowd funding site would be set up or anything like that. The whole thing seems really planned if you know what i mean , leaving the phone, leaving on a break so people notice, mystery missing time where she could have gone home, then footage at a gas station, then the weird search of the lake...something is totally fishy about this,

This is the same place my brain is going.

I just hope she's ok.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MOTORUNNER

I know people who love dogs the way Allison is said to love hers, and they would never up and leave them. That's one thing I do find strange, I know they weren't HER dogs, but she apparently loved them and cared for them.

That's the thought that makes me feel that she did not go on her own accord. I feel sure she had special attachments to some of those dogs -- and knowing, since they are rescue-type dogs, that some of them would grieve when they didn't see her.

I would be less than honest if I said that something along these lines has not occurred to me as well. Can't really place what exactly it is, but something about the whole scenario keeps setting off my hinky meter.

I've been doing a lot of thinking from the 30,000 foot view, and there are a few things I'd like to proffer, especially point No. 4.

1. I don't think Ms. Cope is alone. I think she's with someone, maybe a friend-gone-rogue, or someone she can trust. I think this person may have made contact with Ms. Cope between the airport and the Shell station, or after she left the Shell station.

2. I'm not entirely sure that Ms. Cope is even aware that she is internationally recognized as a missing person (yes, internationally; there have been reports in several Asiatic countries as well. I'm impressed with how much coverage she's received.). Without having her phone or a computer, her media intake is greatly diminished.

3. I'm still worried that (1) Ms. Cope left in the middle of a break without her possessions, and (2) that she left without informing anyone, and (3) that she still has not notified anyone of her location, specifically when she knows she has work commitments.

4. Concerning Ms. Cope's roommates: I am hesitant to believe that they enjoy the perfect relationship MSM is portraying, especially knowing they have lived together in excess of 10 years. What is particularly alarming to me is that Sarah Kosinski is acting as if it has been an established fact that Ms. Cope has been, or is being, harmed by another. Take for example, the following:

a. Kosinski told police on Monday that she was "preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best." Now, at this point, Ms. Cope had only been missing for a few hours. In cases similar to these, it's common for individuals to act with hope -- to a fault. They're slow to accept the worst in the face of it all, even after seeing the decedent for themselves, in person. They just can't believe it. Yet, here we have Kosinski already working towards accepting the fact that her beloved roommate is gone forever.

b. <modsnip>

c. Kosinski has used personal Pit Bulls from the rescue, along with a helicopter she personally rented, as a means of searching for Ms. Cope. These sorts of methods are employed when a deceased body is being searched for, not someone believed to be alive. In fact, these methods are more reminiscent of a social media publicity campaign than a missing person's search. Traditionally, when it comes to searches, friends and family are insistent on searching the ground, because they believe that the missing will hear their voices and return. Searching in such a distant way suggests a degree of psychological separation that has me uncomfortable.

---

These facts strike me as odd, and they're difficult to reconcile.

Hi everyone.

Please be reminded of Websleuths' victim friendly rule. You may discuss what MSM has reported about the roommate and statements she has made to the media, but you may not sleuth her and you may not suggest she is involved in Allison's disappearance. Unless and until LE says otherwise, she is considered a victim.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Let me repost in a more PC way....would the use of untrained dogs in a search impede other searches? Would anyone stand to gain from her demise? <modsnip> Who would AC trust implicitly enough to drop everything and come to their aid/follow their instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be less than honest if I said that something along these lines has not occurred to me as well. Can't really place what exactly it is, but something about the whole scenario keeps setting off my hinky meter.

Same here, I felt bad for thinking it but the longer it goes on and the weirder it gets, especially after the photos released, I cant help but think it. I hope it definitely isnt the case, but the only alternatives I can really see are maybe she crashed or suicide. Nothing else really makes sense of why she left on a break and I really dont feel the kidnap vibe anymore. She was trusted to walk into a bathroom at a gas station alone a hour after leaving airport, like thats not really something a kidnapper does unless it is a trusted friend shes with and voluntarily left with and then something happened after gas station, but honestly leaving the phone and bag and practically going straight out of the airport something is obviously pre arranged.

In my experience here, things always look weird ... and non-suspects always start to get the side-eye, when someone is voluntarily missing. You start to see things where there aren't things. Our minds try to make sense of the pieces not fitting. Friends and family don't want to believe it. We can start to talk ourselves into some pretty outlandish theories, just to feel better or try to make it make sense. It never will. Voluntary missing is one of the hardest situations to deal with on Websleuths. While this case is sad and scary, I will say it seems very straightforward and typical of other VM cases I've followed over the years here.

Back to sitting on my hands.

Gonna have to disagree on that one. I don't care if my child was in Timbuktu- I'd be the lead contact for my child, and yes I have an adult child who has a live in boyfriend. He would not be making statements/judgement calls/etc outside of me if my 24 year old child ever went missing.

In my experience here, things always look weird ... and non-suspects always start to get the side-eye, when someone is voluntarily missing. You start to see things where there aren't things. Our minds try to make sense of the pieces not fitting. Friends and family don't want to believe it. We can start to talk ourselves into some pretty outlandish theories, just to feel better or try to make it make sense. It never will. Voluntary missing is one of the hardest situations to deal with on Websleuths. While this case is sad and scary, I will say it seems very straightforward and typical of other VM cases I've followed over the years here.

Back to sitting on my hands.

This has nothing to do with anything relating to this case, but I just noticed that you and I joined at about the same time, and I know our paths have crossed at times on various cases. Just wondering, was it Mickey Schunick that brought you here? She was the case who took me from lurker to member, though I tend to come and go now. Good to see you again.

So I guess that thing in her hand is a restroom key with something big and clunky on it to remind ppl to return it. Funny wording that she used restroom WHILE pumping gas. I never saw anyone that would leave a car untended while gassing. I think it's illegal to latch the nozzle and leave car while gas is actually pumping. Unless of course it's a full service station with a gas jockey doing it for you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It is not unusual in NC and other southern states.

This has nothing to do with anything relating to this case, but I just noticed that you and I joined at about the same time, and I know our paths have crossed at times on various cases. Just wondering, was it Mickey Schunick that brought you here? She was the case who took me from lurker to member, though I tend to come and go now. Good to see you again.

I joined back in 2007 for the Leah Hickman case and was a regular here until 2010....we moved to Mississippi in 2011 and over time I couldn't remember my password and profile info. I joined again in 2012 when Jaren Lockhart was murdered, because she washed up on our beach here.

So, I'm a veteran here. Mickey Schunick was a case I followed back then, as well ... I remember you from several cases. :)

Just want to add to my last post ... there are people who hate dogs, and especially pitbulls ...

This is so sad and awful.....but you're right. Sad but true. I, myself hate anyone who hates animals. Pitbull Terriers are lovely doggies and sweethearts. Bad people can torture and mistreat any breed and create a mistreated dog that is aggressive due to the torture/mistreatment. This could be a factor in her disappearance - and definitely a method to lure her from work, but I am leaning towards this being non dog-related, and towards a stranger abduction. Right place (work....) wrong time (unknown element.) I am leaning towards her searching her glove box for the insurance/registration papers and being in a vulnerable position.....caught unaware.

I'm not sure what to think but I also had the thought about possible fundraising for the rescue. I just hope she's okay though.

New article from today quotes Sarah's impression of Allison in the gas station.

http://www.wral.com/four-days-later...rch-for-woman-last-seen-leaving-rdu/16795688/

Thank you Elainera, for this link. In the video the reporter included the description of Allison's car in her closing comments. She also made the following statement at the end.

".... There's a change of heart pitbull rescue sticker on the back of that vehicle, but her friend believes that sticker may have been taken down. So they want everybody to just keep that in mind, and still keep an eye out for her car."

That sounds like that sticker HAS been removed. If so, then several previous posters were correct that the sticker was not visible when her car was at the gas station. Obviously, removal of it would make detection of the car more difficult.

In the video the reporter states that Allison's friends still believe someone abducted her. I try to be open to all scenarios, but this one seems so strange.

I pray she returns safely, no matter what has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member