Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to clarify something. The WRAL TV video shows an attendant who said she was alone, or he thought she was alone in the car.

However, WTVD TV also reported from the station today and specifically stated that the manager said they could not tell whether anyone was in the car due to the camera's vantage point. Since the pump equipment was between her car and the store itself, I tend to believe the WTVD report that it's unknown whether anyone was in the car. I don't think the attendant had a clear view of all parts of the car since it was behind the pump.

Good point! Thanks so much for the clarification. I really appreciate your post! I was not aware of that, and it could turn out to be very important...

So I've a couple of thoughts/questions, ALL MOO.

It is stated ,http://wncn.com/2017/06/28/missing-rdu-workers-mom-heartbroken-and-overwhelmed/ ,
Cope’s friends told CBS North Carolina her debit card was used between 3 and 4 p.m. Monday at a Shell gas station in Wake Forest, spending about $23, which is what she had left in her account.
Police have asked workers at all three Shell stores about debit card usage at 4:18 p.m. Monday.

How does the 'friends' know that was her last 23$? If she didn't have her phone, and there was no contact, then the 'friends' either have access to her bank account or LE told them? Well LE is not going to know that soon, are they?

from same link above
Her roommate and friend, Justin Farrell, said RDU police searched their home Tuesday night.

2-3 days after she goes missing, the FBI becomes involved? REALLY? I would sure like to know just how many times FBI becomes involved in a missing person case and so quickly.

I am not real sure those are sunglasses on her at the Shell, even in those outdoor photos she does not have on sunglasses.

I have a pet peeve of 'this reminds me of *advertiser censored* case, it was suicide all along', while this may be true, just because something is unknown and a mystery does not mean suicide.
No one knows if she was alone, even the Shell employee has now said, he didn't have clear sight of the car...I can't find the link now, sorry
sigh. I get so discouraged to read a thread of the same over and over, scroll and roll.

I think if she just wanted to get away from work, from the dog rescue, from her life for a while she would have taken her things with her. She could have just turned the phone off if she didn't want to be found or called and texted for a while. The fact that she left these things behind says a lot, and it's not good imo. I hope I'm wrong.

So I've a couple of thoughts/questions, ALL MOO.

It is stated ,http://wncn.com/2017/06/28/missing-rdu-workers-mom-heartbroken-and-overwhelmed/ ,

How does the 'friends' know that was her last 23$? If she didn't have her phone, and there was no contact, then the 'friends' either have access to her bank account or LE told them? Well LE is not going to know that soon, are they?

from same link above .

2-3 days after she goes missing, the FBI becomes involved? REALLY? I would sure like to know just how many times FBI becomes involved in a missing person case and so quickly.

I am not real sure those are sunglasses on her at the Shell, even in those outdoor photos she does not have on sunglasses.

I have a pet peeve of 'this reminds me of *advertiser censored* case, it was suicide all along', while this may be true, just because something is unknown and a mystery does not mean suicide.
No one knows if she was alone, even the Shell employee has now said, he didn't have clear sight of the car...I can't find the link now, sorry
sigh. I get so discouraged to read a thread of the same over and over, scroll and roll.

Ms. Cope had last been seen at an airport when the missing person's report was filed. That is enough to get FBI involvement, especially when there is an FBI office nearby.

I agree with you about the whole "it reminds me of _______ case, where suicide resulted." Every person is different and unique, so I understand the skepticism in comparing/contrasting cases. However, there is utility in it as well.

Fact is, she was last seen walking alone in and out of a Shell station, showing minimal signs of distress. Suicide fits more than an abduction under these facts, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

If she was suicidal (and I don't think she was), then LE will more than likely find electronic evidence of such, and perhaps even allude to her mental state to the public. They have made no such allusions. Since she left her phone and probably has other devices at home for them to check out, they should probably have a good idea by now as to the validity of that theory. The FBI still being involved leads me to believe that they do not feel that she is/was suicidal, and that they are instead considering that a crime was potentially committed, even if unlikely. The only other scenario, in my view and which I believe, is that she had an accident and simply hasn't been found yet.

JMO.

Yes, she was last seen on a video, after pumping gas, using her last 23$. Could it be suicide, sure, but maybe not. She could have had a mental breakdown. She could be in a hospital not know who she is, or knowing and needing the quiet time, my whole point is why leap to suicide, when there are so many other possibilities. NO ONE knows what happened.
We don't know that she was alone, we don't know that she wasn't accosted in the parking lot, no one knows what she did from 3:08 to 4:18.

What was found on her cell phone?
I'm assuming LE has it as it was found at her work, of which she has been the manager there for 4 years, is there any history of her going to her car during her breaks? Of her leaving for 'errands' or other things for an hour? two hours?

This was not her car registration, this was her roommate's. My understanding is, the roommate simply texted asking if the paperwork was in Allison's car. One would think, she would take her phone, go to the car, text the roommate yes or no, simple in my mind. Why leave the phone at work?

Was it Allison's habit to keep her debit card in her pocket, not in her purse? I don't carry a purse, I put my card in the middle thing of my car and put it in my pocket when I go in the store.

Her co-worker said they are paid bi weekly, when is the next payday? Do they have lockers to store their items? What has her demeanor been in the last few weeks? Did she seem worried, upset, eerily calm, anxious? Why did the co-workers not alert someone earlier? Have they been questioned?

Yes, she was last seen on a video, after pumping gas, using her last 23$. Could it be suicide, sure, but maybe not. She could have had a mental breakdown. She could be in a hospital not know who she is, or knowing and needing the quiet time, my whole point is why leap to suicide, when there are so many other possibilities.

Indeed. And if she is in a mental hospital or some other type of inpatient behavioral health setting, neither LE - nor anyone else - can compel a healthcare provider to disclose that information. The patient herself would have to give such permission, provided she is lucid and there by her own free will.

And we don't know her behavioral health history. Only her family and perhaps close friends would be privy to whether she has ever had any types of crises requiring intervention.

Noticed on her Instagram that she has a tattoo on her right inner forearm of the date of her father's (who is deceased) birthday in Roman numerals. Is that on the missing posters?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN7_xWgg9Hv/?taken-by=allibabbyy

This really struck me. Do we know how her dad died? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but regardless of how he died, that could have a definite impact on her state of mind. I wonder how long ago he passed.

attachment.php

Mediocre map if my info is correct... ha!

She could have stopped at her house before the gas station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Optimistic speculation.

Did she chase a romance?
Wondering if AC had a bike and/or camping gear in her car?
Hopefully she is engaging in one of the activities where she says ( clues ?) that she can be found
Link repost, rbbm.
http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/allis...lison-raleigh-durham-airport-facebook-photos/
In her profile for the business, Cope wrote: “When I am not behind the camera you can find me watching Friends, camping or kayaking. I love adventure. Sky diving anyone? I love peanut butter anything. Who doesn’t love peanut butter? Really who? You may find me at a local coffee shop. I enjoy exploring local vintage stores and collecting vintage suitcases. Broadway shows are a must my favorite to date would have to be The Lion King. I enjoy volunteering my free time helping shelter animals. I enjoy adventure and exploring. I can not wait to meet you and help you capture some memories!”

Cope’s last public Facebook post was on June 2 when she shared news about a pit bull rescue event. Her other posts were about friends, television shows, and bike riding.

No matter who it is, it can be (or become) very stressful for 3 people to live together when 2 are close friends and 2 are romantically involved. In really looking, I do see indications of heightened stress in the past 4-6 weeks (not gonna elaborate as to not break TOS). I am hoping this points towards Allison needing a break, whether planned or not planned.

Just a month ago I had an extreme 'freak-out' like I've never had before and that came out of nowhere (somehow triggered by a random few minutes of SO and I *****ing at each other about something stupid). I ended up walking out of the hotel room we had just checked into, getting in my car and disappearing for 2 days. I drove for 2 hours with absolutely no clue where I would go. I ended up in another state, stayed in a hotel (using points-no money needed), switching amongst doing 'normal' things like going to the grocery store to hiding in my room plotting suicide.
Nothing in those two days would have made logical sense to family, friends, or strangers trying to figure out what I was doing. I think the same applies here IF she left of her own accord and didn't meet with foul play or an accident later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that while abduction seems less likely that it once was there are still too many puzzle pieces that don't add up to even begin to know what happened.

Someone may have been hiding in the car at the Shell station. She may have not appeared distressed because she was instructed not to under threat to herself or a loved one. Someone she knows may have went off the rails and abducted her and she didn't alert anyone because she believes she can help them. Someone could have called her and told her exact instructions to follow under threat of harm. Anything's possible and stranger things have happened.

Does it seem to anyone else that LE is releasing very little information? I know they never share all they know but it just seems like they are keeping information pretty tight lipped for some reason. But maybe I just haven't followed enough cases to know what is normal.

Her co-worker said they are paid bi weekly, when is the next payday? Do they have lockers to store their items? What has her demeanor been in the last few weeks? Did she seem worried, upset, eerily calm, anxious? Why did the co-workers not alert someone earlier? Have they been questioned?

I'm sure they were concerned rather quickly but they probably couldn't file a report an hour after she was last seen. I'm sure in the beginning they figured something had come up but she'd be back and then a few hours later was when the real worry set in.

Just a quick observation here. Several people have commented that in the still pics of Allison at the Shell station, she appears to them to be determined, or have resolve, or some such description to show that she, they believe, is preparing to commit suicide. I have to say, the quality of those pics is such that we can't even determine if she is wearing sunglasses (some think she is, I do not), or determine what she has in her hand. The only thing I can gather from the pics is that it is indeed Allison, and it seems to me that if she was a victim of accosting, there was her perfect opportunity to get away. JMO

Does it seem to anyone else that LE is releasing very little information? I know they never share all they know but it just seems like they are keeping information pretty tight lipped for some reason. But maybe I just haven't followed enough cases to know what is normal.

It's pretty normal for LE not to share much. However, I don't recall any press conferences conducted by LE. It seems that the media has been doing all the communication to the public, ala "if you see her or her car please Fonda t the police." There are multiple agencies involved: the airport LE people, FBI, Raleigh Police and the Wake County Sheriff. But on the news last night it was stated that the FBI is providing resources/tools. It's my feeling that they don't have the lead on this case.

A lot of comments have been left since I logged off last night so forgive me if this is a repeat question.
Can anyone confirm that she is wearing her work clothes? This might give us more insight as to if she stopped by her house or somewhere else before heading to the gas station. I believe that she must have stopped somewhere before ending up at the gas station at 4:15PM since the drive from RDU to that Shell station is 30-35 minutes.

A lot of comments have been left since I logged off last night so forgive me if this is a repeat question.
Can anyone confirm that she is wearing her work clothes? This might give us more insight as to if she stopped by her house or somewhere else before heading to the gas station. I believe that she must have stopped somewhere before ending up at the gas station at 4:15PM since the drive from RDU to that Shell station is 30-35 minutes.

News video stated she was wearing her Starbucks uniform.

It seems strange to me that her car has not been seen somewhere. With so many police agencies supposedly involved it seems they would have had a press conference with descriptions of Allison and her car. I am three hours away in Virginia and haven't seen anything mentioned on television regarding her disappearance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This makes me think maybe her car went off the road somewhere.

I really hope they locate her soon and she's okay.

It seems strange to me that her car has not been seen somewhere. With so many police agencies supposedly involved it seems they would have had a press conference with descriptions of Allison and her car. I am three hours away in Virginia and haven't seen anything mentioned on television regarding her disappearance.

I agree...that's why I was wondering if she took off and headed toward the mountains or out of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member