Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time posting, I live in the area and actually just attended the same concert Allison did last week :( <modsnip>

Do you think that if this was a volunteer leave situation that she would have been careless about the gas station surveillance and trace of her debit card usage? I am confused that she would leave her phone behind (assuming it was done to mask her whereabouts) but be naive about the cameras and debit card transaction traces. That element does not make the sense to me.

I am also wondering why the roommate is so insistent on the kidnapping scenario and not considering other options such as a mental break. And if the kidnapping theory is so front and center, why focus on the nearby Lake area to the point of leasing a helicopter when LE already had a helicopter searching the same area? If you are trying to stay optimistic wouldn't you at least be hoping someone that had her was on the run? Why would she have filled her car up with gas if her intent (or the abducter's intent) was to stay in the vicinity of the lake ?

Things don't add up.

OT, but today I was approached in a parking lot. The man had his car hood raised. He said, "excuse me ma'am, can I ask you a question?" I immediately had a bad feeling. But the thing is he wouldn't approach me, he wanted me to walk over to his car. I did not. I said abruptly, "ask."

He started giving me a convoluted story about needing an alternator, only had $100, needed $117, something about his wife and needing a ride. I didn't let him finish, just said no, got in my car, locked the doors, wrote down his license plate #, car make and model.

Then I saw two men walk directly by him and he did not approach them. Then a woman walked by and he tried to speak to her, but she kept walking.

I just thought about Allison. I don't know whether this guy was legit or up to no good, but it was WEIRD. What if something like that happened to her and she fell for it and the guy was evil?

Flint said they don&#8217;t just conduct searches of areas.

As CBS North Carolina has reported, investigators used a helicopter and boat to search Falls Lake Thursday.

&#8220;We&#8217;ve got to have some information that would allow us to reach out or search a specific spot,&#8221; Flint said.

Both Harrison and Flint agreed that law enforcement can&#8217;t release all the information they have. They said they were confident those on the Cope case are doing everything they can to bring her home safely.
http://wncn.com/2017/06/30/as-vanis...-a-mystery-experts-discuss-how-searches-work/

BBM. Interesting phrasing. I wonder what info they have that led to the search at Falls Lake and what they are holding back. I suggested it earlier in this thread just because it is near the gas station and it's a vast area. I have also noticed there are lots of pictures of Allison at the lake on her social media. Perhaps it is a favorite spot for her to go on her days off.

http://wncn.com/2017/06/30/as-vanis...-a-mystery-experts-discuss-how-searches-work/

BBM. Interesting phrasing. I wonder what info they have that led to the search at Falls Lake and what they are holding back. I suggested it earlier in this thread just because it is near the gas station and it's a vast area. I have also noticed there are lots of pictures of Allison at the lake on her social media. Perhaps it is a favorite spot for her to go on her days off.

I saw that, too. Another station, I think WTVD, keeps emphasizing that they are receiving tips and following leads.

Do you think that if this was a volunteer leave situation that she would have been careless about the gas station surveillance and trace of her debit card usage?.

Yes. Because there is no logic, no rhyme or reason to the actions of a person who does this. It will not make sense to anyone, believe me.

OT, but today I was approached in a parking lot. The man had his car hood raised. He said, "excuse me ma'am, can I ask you a question?" I immediately had a bad feeling. But the thing is he wouldn't approach me, he wanted me to walk over to his car. I did not. I said abruptly, "ask."

He started giving me a convoluted story about needing an alternator, only had $100, needed $117, something about his wife and needing a ride. I didn't let him finish, just said no, got in my car, locked the doors, wrote down his license plate #, car make and model.

Then I saw two men walk directly by him and he did not approach them. Then a woman walked by and he tried to speak to her, but she kept walking.

I just thought about Allison. I don't know whether this guy was legit or up to no good, but it was WEIRD. What if something like that happened to her and she fell for it and the guy was evil?

Happens to me all the time. Do you live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, too? ;)

I'm sure I'm going to ruffle some feathers here, but I don't like some of the posts I'm reading. It's easy to hypothesize and make assumptions, but some of these posts are going too far IMO. We don't know Allison or her roommate/best friend. We don't know what happened to Allison. Making assumptions about suicide, nefarious intentions of her friend is taking it a little too far.
My daughter lived with a roommate/best friend in college and for a number of years after. They were extremely close and knew more about each other's lives than anyone else including families. It wouldn't be at all unusual for one of them to know what the other had in her bank account. They knew each other mannerisms, patterns, etc like Sarah said "The back of their hand" There is no norm as to what one says or does in times of stress. Yes, there are the usual manners of speech, but to put Sarah under the bridge for her comments and actions is wrong. How do we even know how closely this clerk at Shell even looked at Allison? A quick glance does not give him room to make a judgment call regarding whether or not she was under any stress. I take his words with a grain of salt. Something is terribly wrong and obviously something happened to Allison, but to post the things I'm reading here is simply wrong and hurtful to Allison, her family, and friends.

All my thoughts and prayers are with her family, friends, and LE as they search for her. I so hope she is found soon. I so hope she is found alive and well.

I think it's because she lives so close. Shoreline is less than a quarter of a mile away. She could and probably has walked to the lake by taking a short jaunt through the woods from her home.

I noticed she has a picture of her passport from her trip to Paris, I wonder if that passport is at home.

Just thinking... The FBI are more than likely involved because she disappeared from the airport which is Federal. I'm just thinking out loud but .... If I were to want to fly to meet someone and keep it secret, I would drive at least to the next commercial airport and fly from there. If I were an airport employee, I would not leave from that one.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I noticed she has a picture of her passport from her trip to Paris, I wonder if that passport is at home.

Just thinking... The FBI are more than likely involved because she disappeared from the airport which is Federal. I'm just thinking out loud but .... If I were to want to fly to meet someone and keep it secret, I would drive at least to the next commercial airport and fly from there. If I were an airport employee, I would not leave from that one.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Yes, and the car would be "lost" among the sea of cars in the parking lot. For weeks maybe?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1) I understand the FBI being involved initially due to the airport angle. But once police announced in no uncertain terms that there was no crime committed on airport grounds why did they stay involved at this level?

2) why and how were they able to search the home and computers so quickly? Is it true or not true that the roommates permission would be sufficient to do both?

I've completely changed my mind from thinking she ran off for a mental break to thinking she was harmed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is late where I am. I find myself thinking of her tonight and hoping that wherever she is, she is safe and unharmed. If she somehow found herself in a situation in over her head, I hope she will realize that she is young with a whole life of experiences in front of her. I am thinking of her family and loved ones seeking answers and clues. I hope LE has much more info that has not been shared and that we can find out soon what happened to Allison!

I think it's because she lives so close. Shoreline is less than a quarter of a mile away. She could and probably has walked to the lake by taking a short jaunt through the woods from her home.

What Shoreline are you referring to? Like as in Apartment complex, housing development?

I've been doing a lot of thinking from the 30,000 foot view, and there are a few things I'd like to proffer, especially point No. 4.

1. I don't think Ms. Cope is alone. I think she's with someone, maybe a friend-gone-rogue, or someone she can trust. I think this person may have made contact with Ms. Cope between the airport and the Shell station, or after she left the Shell station.

2. I'm not entirely sure that Ms. Cope is even aware that she is internationally recognized as a missing person (yes, internationally; there have been reports in several Asiatic countries as well. I'm impressed with how much coverage she's received.). Without having her phone or a computer, her media intake is greatly diminished.

3. I'm still worried that (1) Ms. Cope left in the middle of a break without her possessions, and (2) that she left without informing anyone, and (3) that she still has not notified anyone of her location, specifically when she knows she has work commitments.

4. Concerning Ms. Cope's roommates: I am hesitant to believe that they enjoy the perfect relationship MSM is portraying, especially knowing they have lived together in excess of 10 years. What is particularly alarming to me is that Sarah Kosinski is acting as if it has been an established fact that Ms. Cope has been, or is being, harmed by another. Take for example, the following:

a. Kosinski told police on Monday that she was "preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best." Now, at this point, Ms. Cope had only been missing for a few hours. In cases similar to these, it's common for individuals to act with hope -- to a fault. They're slow to accept the worst in the face of it all, even after seeing the decedent for themselves, in person. They just can't believe it. Yet, here we have Kosinski already working towards accepting the fact that her beloved roommate is gone forever.

b. <modsnip>

c. Kosinski has used personal Pit Bulls from the rescue, along with a helicopter she personally rented, as a means of searching for Ms. Cope. These sorts of methods are employed when a deceased body is being searched for, not someone believed to be alive. In fact, these methods are more reminiscent of a social media publicity campaign than a missing person's search. Traditionally, when it comes to searches, friends and family are insistent on searching the ground, because they believe that the missing will hear their voices and return. Searching in such a distant way suggests a degree of psychological separation that has me uncomfortable.

---

These facts strike me as odd, and they're difficult to reconcile.

BBM I have wondered the same as point number 1, esp the friend gone rogue, and to clarify I do not mean any friend in particular. The friend could have even approached her at the airport. It just seems that perhaps she may have been lured or convinced to leave from RDU "voluntarily". It's also been stated multiple times how kind she is and would go out of her way to help anyone. So if perhaps say a friend approached her with the need to leave, maybe without anyone knowing, Allison seems like the type of person who would do it. It could explain her need to fill up with gas and her not alerting anyone at the Shell station to a need for help yet seeming possibly upset in the photo. Unfortunately in such a situation from there things could have gone wrong in several ways.

I could be wrong but I personally believe if their was any monetary reason behind her disappearance, from the organization or anyone else, we would have heard either about a ransom or some sort of fundraising and it doesn't appear there has been any mention of either. If anything the rescue organization seems to be spending its money to help locate her.

I'm concerned that a highway camera hasn't seen the car yet, at least that we know about. Seems if she was on an interstate, or other busy highway, a camera should have seen it.

Which could mean, local states haven't been notified to BOLO ***do we have a scanner thread for this case?***, LE has strong indications the vehicle hasn't left the area, vehicle is hidden in some manner either on purpose, or accident and in a ravine, or underwater, etc, or police have leads they are following concerning the vehicle, and aren't letting the public know......

Wherever you are tonight Allison, know that we have all made mistakes, and if you left voluntarily, you can notify police to tell them you are OK, and they can't tell family/friends where you are without your permission. You haven't broken any laws, so you aren't in any legal trouble for leaving!

Hoping the sunrise brings some answers.....

I too think it's quite possible that LE have leads and knowledge they aren't sharing. It certainly appears those leads maybe directing them to the Falls Lake area.

I have wondered as others have mentioned if LE feel there in no foul play (pure speculation on my part, LE haven't stated this) why the FBI are still involved. But perhaps it's just a continued involvement since they have been assisting from early on?

I too hope that she is found soon and is found safe. Kidnapped, lured away, or left voluntarily, whatever the case she's missing. I can't begin to imagine what those close to her are going through, not knowing where she is and what has happened to her.

2Hope4, the only cameras on the roads in our area that for certain take pictures are on the Toll roads. She wouldn't have gotten on one of those to go from RDU to Wake Forest. As for as the DOT Traffic Cameras, I honestly have no clue if they record or not. The news stations around here usually only show live views or what they have recorded on their feeds. There definitely are cameras ion 540, 40, 440, 147, and 264 (main arteries around Raleigh/Durham)

I posted the news story from WRAL because I was confused about something in the report. I thought SK was the roommate.

http://www.wral.com/four-days-later...rch-for-woman-last-seen-leaving-rdu/16795688/

Seems odd that a roommate who knows her like the back of her hand, knows her bank balance, thinks she looks like she had been crying in the gas station video...is so close to her...wouldn't know why she was upset? Hadn't she just spoken to her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member