GUILTY NC - Antoinetta McKoy, 28, & Jadon Higganbothan, 4, murdered, Durham, Oct-Dec 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Meanwhile, Higganbothan says it's been two years since he was last able to have phone contact with his son. But he had no idea Jadon had gone missing until recently."

"He says he and his family are worried something has happened to Jadon, and that Vania Sisk may have knowledge of it."
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...hing_for_Missing_Mom_and_Child_116996718.html

Oh God, I hope this isnt another case like Shaniya Davis...sounds eerily familiar!

I updated the thread title to show "Jadon Sisk Higgenbothan,5" - what a shame a child is missing and the basics, like his name & age aren't correct....I still don't know if we have his last name correct. :(

Thanks TM! I'm fairly certain that the last name is spelled Higganbothan without an "e" and that Sisk is nowhere in his name. :twocents:

"Meanwhile, Higganbothan says it's been two years since he was last able to have phone contact with his son. But he had no idea Jadon had gone missing until recently."

"He says he and his family are worried something has happened to Jadon, and that Vania Sisk may have knowledge of it."
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...hing_for_Missing_Mom_and_Child_116996718.html

Oh God, I hope this isnt another case like Shaniya Davis...sounds eerily familiar!

I was feeling the same way and Fayetteville really isn't that far away from Durham. :(

Awww...he just turned 5. Where was he on his birthday? How sad. :(

So if he did go missing in October, he was only 4 at the time.

Awww...he just turned 5. Where was he on his birthday? How sad. :(

So if he did go missing in October, he was only 4 at the time.

Yes, Surfie!

Since the mother's MS is public and there are photos of Jadon that are labled as Jadon, can we post those?

The comments from Jadons father under that article are heartbreaking. :(. He does mention that he got in contact with the reporter and is getting a picture to her.

This is such a confusing case, as others have said. My impression is that after Vania and Jadons father split up, she moved away with the child, and the father has been unable to se e or speak with his son, or even find them?

An this group of adults and children that moved *together* from NC to CO - sounds so strange to me! And the group had only just met Vania, yet she moved with them all? I know it sounds farfetched, but the first thing that popped into my mind, reading about this group of people, is some kind of cult?

Im beyond confused here. Praying this poor father can find his son!

Cult was the first thing that crossed my mind too, gardenlady.

Thanks TM! I'm fairly certain that the last name is spelled Higganbothan without an "e" and that Sisk is nowhere in his name. :twocents:

I fixed the title again - thanks, hollye!

Yes, Surfie!

Since the mother's MS is public and there are photos of Jadon that are labled as Jadon, can we post those?

Yes, that's OK now that we've found out the missing child is Jadon & not "John".

More information: Teller County woman found
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 8:57 PM by Stefanie Boe

More details for you about the Teller County woman who has been found safe.

Vania Sisk disappeared last week after authorities in Teller County questioned her about her missing 6 year old. Detectives in North Carolina have been searching for the boy.

The Teller County Sheriff tells News First 5 he issued the missing persons alert after Sisk didn't show up for meetings regarding her other children. They were among 9 kids taken into protective custody at the home Sisk shared with several other people. At least two of the kids are Sisk's.

Sisk went to the Criminal Justice Center in El Paso County Monday afternoon to let deputies know she was OK.

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/more-information-teller-county-woman-found/

Photos of Jadon from Vania's MS page...

This appears to be the most recent from a year ago...
l.jpg

And a few older ones...
l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Photos of Jadon from Vania's MS page...

This appears to be the most recent from a year ago...
l.jpg

This photo is somewhat haunting. He has a desolate look in his eyes.

He's just precious! Look at those cheeks! :)

Is that a scar on his forehead in one picture? By the looks of things, we can have a missing poster up faster than LE and the media! :)

The Teller County Sheriff tells News First 5 he issued the missing persons alert after Sisk didn't show up for meetings regarding her other children. They were among 9 kids taken into protective custody at the home Sisk shared with several other people. At least two of the kids are Sisk's.

~ Snipped by me

Has anyone found evidence that Vania has more than 2 children? I haven't. If it states that 2 of the children from the group of 9 that were taken are hers, then is it possible that one of those children is Jadon?

Would LE take all of the children and usher them back to NC to figure out if one of these children is Jadon? I can't imagine that they would.

Who is this 2nd child then, if Jadon is still missing?

I do think she has 3 kids....Jadon, little P and ???. Some of the comments under the newspaper articles refer to 3 kids.

I do think she has 3 kids....Jadon, little P and ???. Some of the comments under the newspaper articles refer to 3 kids.

Hmmm, I wonder how old this child is then. There is no mention of him/her that I can find on her MS page.

Hmmm, I wonder how old this child is then. There is no mention of him/her that I can find on her MS page.

I have no clue....when was her MS page last updated? Long enough for her to have another kid?

I have no clue....when was her MS page last updated? Long enough for her to have another kid?

Thanks, yes! She last updated it 4/3/2009, so yes, she could have had another child by now. I wasn't thinking about that.

This picture haunted me in my sleep last night - little Jadon where are you?

Attachments

• More recent pix of Jadon.png
    More recent pix of Jadon.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 8
This picture haunted me in my sleep last night - little Jadon where are you?

For some reason I am reminded of Adji in this picture of Jadon. (the look in the eyes)

Come home soon little one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back