NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it just me, or is it super weird this family kept all this evidence for 24 years, including the distinct car: Investigators Now Believe Asha Degree Was Killed & Her Body Was Hidden - WCCB Charlotte's CW
It seems they have enough property to hide a car for twenty five years. Maybe they thought it was easier to hide any evidence, rather than throw it out and take the chance that it somehow traces back to them? They clearly don’t think like normal people, so who knows what their thought process was

If you go back to some of my earlier posts, you'll see where I mentioned how SEVERAL people deleted seeing a girl walking down 180, post the intersection of 18 & 180. I know the Dedmon guy was in trouble back in 2012 for animal abuse. It was SEVERELY emaciated and neglected. It was his niece that actually reported him. Also, could be something Could be nothing, But his brother-in-law passed away back in April. He was a preacher And I don't know, But one of my speculations Is did he maybe possibly admit Something to his pastor brother-in-law, You know Kind of the same way Catholics go to confession to receive absolution, Did he have something that was on his mind that he wanted to get off his chest And then turn did his brother-in-law not want to go to his grave Without sharing it with law enforcement? Again it's just purely speculation Again it's just purely speculation. He also owns or owned a trucking service. I don't think it's the same one that Roy Blanton worked for, but if you remember Roy Blanton said that he got on the CB radio and announced it, so that if anybody drove past, they didn't hit her. Could he have been possibly monitoring the CB radio that night, just a few minutes away from where she was spotted. It's available in public records That he holds a radio operator's license in the state of North Carolina, So he likely for sure owned a radio and likely monitored it frequently. There may also be some mention of 12 oaks Academy that comes up in all of this, But that's a whole nother story. The few things that I can say for certain are That the FBI, North Carolina state bureau of investigation, Cleveland County sheriff's, crime scene technicians, and K9 teams were definitely at the scene, A bluish green 80s Model car was for sure taken from the property, And law enforcement is being extremely extremely tight-lipped regarding the situation.

The CB radio has always bothered me and I have brought it up more than once here. Many people owned and used CB radios and even more had scanners. We have a "Special Rewind Requests" thread so I'm trying to see if I can get anything over there. I doubt it but it's worth a shot.

Why do you think that ?
because they don't. they were took more then one polygraph. their car were ice cold when checks by police . So know one in Asha's house left for a long time. Her parents were extremely upset and in tears The co-operated fully with the cops too. This is from live the cop who was on seen did. Unless it was real distant relative and that's a long shot.

I can’t help but wonder if the Dedmon family crossed paths with the Degree family after Asha went missing. Being that it seems like a relatively small town, it seems plausible the family members would see each other in a store or community event.It makes me sad to think the Dedmon family would let the Degrees go through so many years of agony and heartbreak while knowing all along what happened.

News channel WBTV made these lists of the cops took in the searches

From this property, law enforcement seized a variety of items, including:

• Computers
  • Laptops
  • Several cellphones, including flip phones
  • Cameras
  • Human tooth in a Ziploc bag
  • Smart watch
  • VHS tapes
  • SD card
  • Notebooks
Roy Dedmon also had a DNA sample taken from him while the search was underway.

Roy Dedmon’s home was first searched by a drone in February.

That home is where Roy and Connie Dedmon are believed to have lived with their children when Degree disappeared in 2000.

The following items were seized from the second home:

• Green AMC Rambler
  • .22 caliber rifle
  • Black trash bag
  • Cellphone
  • Documents containing the name “Roy Underhill,” a man also named in the warrants
  • Disposable cameras
  • Film
  • VHS tapes
  • Journals written in by Roy Dedmon’s daughters
  • Carhartt jeans
  • Children’s clothing
  • More documents
Police took the following items from the rest home:

• Documents about Underhill’s case
  • A photo
  • Earrings
  • Gray Jaguar

and course the green car too.

hope they solve the case.

I’m curious why you think they are, especially with all the new evidence coming out. I get wondering why she left in the middle of the night/early morning. But other than that I’ve seen nothing to point towards the parents besides internet rumors
I think it was the ball game. Her brothers was on find our missing and he said Asha was again upset about the ball game at church Sunday. He said she felt like the loss was her fault. She may not wanted to go to school because that and face everyone.

News channel WBTV made these lists of the cops took in the searches

From this property, law enforcement seized a variety of items, including:

• Computers
  • Laptops
  • Several cellphones, including flip phones
  • Cameras
  • Human tooth in a Ziploc bag
  • Smart watch
  • VHS tapes
  • SD card
  • Notebooks
Roy Dedmon also had a DNA sample taken from him while the search was underway.

Roy Dedmon’s home was first searched by a drone in February.

That home is where Roy and Connie Dedmon are believed to have lived with their children when Degree disappeared in 2000.

The following items were seized from the second home:

• Green AMC Rambler
  • .22 caliber rifle
  • Black trash bag
  • Cellphone
  • Documents containing the name “Roy Underhill,” a man also named in the warrants
  • Disposable cameras
  • Film
  • VHS tapes
  • Journals written in by Roy Dedmon’s daughters
  • Carhartt jeans
  • Children’s clothing
  • More documents
Police took the following items from the rest home:

• Documents about Underhill’s case
  • A photo
  • Earrings
  • Gray Jaguar

and course the green car too.

hope they solve the case.
So all these items were sitting in the empty home for 24 years ?

It sounds like regular things that would be in home from that era….
Only thing standing out is the green car that was mentioned.

But that’s a lot of evidence
I hope it turns into something..
And I also wanna say I’m not blaming the parents but I’m not completely clearing them either. ( my opinion ) a polygraph can be cheated.

I’m curious why you think they are, especially with all the new evidence coming out. I get wondering why she left in the middle of the night/early morning. But other than that I’ve seen nothing to point towards the parents besides internet rumors
Thinking about Jon Benet & the boy in the box..
its great he was named “but high key” (what happened and who did it)
still never got clear answers.

& I wasn’t trying to offend anyone or the parents but I am new here and didn’t know all the rules and I’m just going off my opinions and the responses in here. I’m no detective. Just an invested gal
Just don’t understand why they were cleared so fast you know.
So if I offended anyone I apologize.

Also this is not my first time on the site but it has been some years. ( lost old account)
And I don’t know how to fully work it yet still learning.
But I know this is a safe space for our crowd. So I came here to get the raw details like everyone else. Not offend anyone.

Are the most current details in the thread so I can catch up.

Thinking about Jon Benet & the boy in the box..
its great he was named “but high key” (what happened and who did it)
still never got clear answers.

& I wasn’t trying to offend anyone or the parents but I am new here and didn’t know all the rules and I’m just going off my opinions and the responses in here. I’m no detective. Just an invested gal
Just don’t understand why they were cleared so fast you know.
So if I offended anyone I apologize.

Also this is not my first time on the site but it has been some years. ( lost old account)
And I don’t know how to fully work it yet still learning.
But I know this is a safe space for our crowd. So I came here to get the raw details like everyone else. Not offend anyone.

Are the most current details in the thread so I can catch up.
I’m not offended. Genuinely curious. The parents have been crucified over and over online.mostly because of the time she left the house. Now there’s evidence to point in another direction and they’re still being crucified. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I’m sure that LE had a reason to clear them. One we may not know about.

I
That’s crazy it sounds like the dad was planting the plot … because everyone keeps saying it was raining and cold, he was the last to physically see her and he made the actual police report .? If multiple people seen her on the highway, seen her entering the green car,
was their descriptions the same as the dad ?
And who seen her enter the green car? And did they see the driver, how do you notice a kid getting in a car but not the driver.
so why would she leave without a jacket ?! Unless a car was right there waiting. Nothing makes sense I think the family is involved !
think k we need to stop looking at her father. We have dna evidence that she was not at the house that night and that another family had contact with her. Also, the PCA ruled them out for knowing anything and they were all polygraphs numerous times as well.

Do we have a sense how much active traffic there was on the road Asha travelled? There were multiple sightings of her. If there had been an accident, wouldn't there have been at least a few witnesses? My opinion only at this point - the perpetrator is an adult male associated with/ in the Dedmon family.

I

think k we need to stop looking at her father. We have dna evidence that she was not at the house that night and that another family had contact with her. Also, the PCA ruled them out for knowing anything and they were all polygraphs numerous times as well.
I agree this family with properties need polygraphs.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allewine
Back