NC NC - Brandon McDonald, 35, truck found wrecked, Bladen Co, 25 Mar 2021 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What condition was the truck in? It’s been “wreck” since the beginning, but in the summary posted above, sister says damage was minimal. Do we know if the damage happened in that yard?

There’s a case from Vermont, maybe early 2000s or late 1990s - 17yr old Brianna Maitland’s car found crashed into someone’s yard. She’s still missing, I think.

What condition was the truck in? It’s been “wreck” since the beginning, but in the summary posted above, sister says damage was minimal. Do we know if the damage happened in that yard?

There’s a case from Vermont, maybe early 2000s or late 1990s - 17yr old Brianna Maitland’s car found crashed into someone’s yard. She’s still missing, I think.

The guy interviewing the sister asked about the condition of the truck.
The sister stated it was wrecked but the damage was minimal as in possible that a person driving it could walk away without major injuries, etc.

The way I took it was it was wrecked (it had gone through the chain link fence and stopped in the person’s yard; there was damage to the truck, but it wasn’t totaled out, making the family believe Brandon or whomever driving it realistically could have just walked away. IMO.

The guy interviewing the sister asked about the condition of the truck.
The sister stated it was wrecked but the damage was minimal as in possible that a person driving it could walk away without major injuries, etc.

The way I took it was it was wrecked (it had gone through the chain link fence and stopped in the person’s yard; there was damage to the truck, but it wasn’t totaled out, making the family believe Brandon or whomever driving it realistically coyote have just walked away. IMO.

Thanks! That makes sense. I don’t have the chance to listen to podcasts these days (kids) so I really appreciate when someone writes up the main points. I assumed “wreck” meant inoperable.

Thanks! That makes sense. I don’t have the chance to listen to podcasts these days (kids) so I really appreciate when someone writes up the main points. I assumed “wreck” meant inoperable.
I think that assumption is actually a very important question that needs to be answered. From the beginning, I am sure that everyone was making that same assumption based on the info shared - but now it's starting to sound like it could have easily been possible to drive it away. I wish we knew more details on the true condition of that truck.

I think that assumption is actually a very important question that needs to be answered. From the beginning, I am sure that everyone was making that same assumption based on the info shared - but now it's starting to sound like it could have easily been possible to drive it away. I wish we knew more details on the true condition of that truck.

Agreed. I assumed the same thing before listening to the sister’s interview. I was picturing a “totaled out” or heavily damaged truck as well. She stated the condition of the truck was that of someone realistically walking away from.
She did confirm that LE processed the truck, but would not share whether they have kept the truck as evidence or if/what evidence LE gathered from it.

I was surprised to hear that there hasn’t been “formal” searches for Brandon.
I get LE not sharing certain info like anything they’ve gathered from other communication or pings from his phone, but if they have information that may give a clue to an area for family (at least) to search, they should. Again IMO.

Bump

Brandon McDonald – CUE – Community United Effort

Missing From: Clarkton, North Carolina
Missing: March 25, 2021
Age at Disappearance: 35
Height: 5′ 9″
Weight: 191
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

Distinguishing Characteristics: Scars, Marks, Tattoos: Caucasian male. Brandon has 1 tattoo on each bicep of a dreamcatcher and KDS tattooed in Old English style on the left side of his chest.

Details of Disappearance: Brandon left home around 3:00 am on the morning of March 25th, his dad did not know where he was going. His dad received a call from Brandon around 7:10 that morning and was supposed to meet his Dad at home within the hour and did not show up. His phone last pinged in Laurinburg, NC and his truck was found wrecked and abandoned in Hope Mills, NC.

Investigative Agency: Bladen County Sheriff’s Department 910-862-6960

If you have any information on this case, please contact CUE Center for Missing Persons at (910) 343-1131 or call the CUE Center 24-hour tip line at (910) 232-1687. All information submitted to CUE Center for Missing Persons is confidential.

This is Brandon's sister. It has been 3 months today since my brother, Brandon, has gone missing. We do not know anything more today than we did when he first went missing. I will not give up on finding my brother and finding what happened to him. Please continue to share Brandon's case with people, especially in the Southeastern North Carolina area. Someone knows where Brandon is and what happened to him. Think about if this was your family or friend, you would want to find them and get answers to the questions that you would have.

This is Brandon's sister. It has been 3 months today since my brother, Brandon, has gone missing. We do not know anything more today than we did when he first went missing. I will not give up on finding my brother and finding what happened to him. Please continue to share Brandon's case with people, especially in the Southeastern North Carolina area. Someone knows where Brandon is and what happened to him. Think about if this was your family or friend, you would want to find them and get answers to the questions that you would have.

Hi @shoppy82 and welcome to Websleuths. Thank you for being here. I am saddened to hear there is nothing new about Brandon's disappearance.

I think you will need to be verified as a family member before we can talk about things that haven't been mentioned in Mainstream Media reports.
Here is the link to learn more about how to be verified:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

I don’t mind filling out the form. However, I do not want to include my phone number or location because of privacy.

Welcome to Websleuths. Although I am sorry for the circumstances around what brought you here. I hope your brother is found soon; at the very least some answers are provided to you and the rest of your family in the near future.
When I first came across a news article about Brandon, it caught my attention; I couldn’t imagine what family was feeling not knowing what happened to a loved one, especially after finding his vehicle wrecked on top of everything else. I created this thread for Brandon here in hopes that it may catch more attention...also, there are so many talented Websleuths members that may be able to offer some form of input or help in finding out where Brandon may be!
Please think about becoming a verified insider; there are mods that are more than willing to provide assistance or answers to any questions you may have.

Welcome to Websleuths. Although I am sorry for the circumstances around what brought you here. I hope your brother is found soon; at the very least some answers are provided to you and the rest of your family in the near future.
When I first came across a news article about Brandon, it caught my attention; I couldn’t imagine what family was feeling not knowing what happened to a loved one, especially after finding his vehicle wrecked on top of everything else. I created this thread for Brandon here in hopes that it may catch more attention...also, there are so many talented Websleuths members that may be able to offer some form of input or help in finding out where Brandon may be!
Please think about becoming a verified insider; there are mods that are more than willing to provide assistance or answers to any questions you may have.
Question: Do I have to disclose my phone number and location? The reason I ask is because of privacy. I do not want people reaching out to me just to ask about any updates about Brandon’s case. We want people who are legit and wanting to help find Brandon.

Question: Do I have to disclose my phone number and location? The reason I ask is because of privacy. I do not want people reaching out to me just to ask about any updates about Brandon’s case. We want people who are legit and wanting to help find Brandon.

Hi @shoppy82 - glad to have you here, but I'm sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here. I'm going to flag your post so a mod will see and may be able to help with your questions. I have no idea what times any mod is normally online. I've been a member for around 7 years and can assure you I've never seen a VI's phone number or location posted by another member. We don't even know a VI's name unless they choose to disclose it.

I believe the information asked for is so that admin can verify you are who you say you are. Sadly, online anyone can say anything. But, I think a mod or admin can better answer your privacy concerns.

I do wish you all the best in locating your brother and finding out what happened. I saw somewhere above that CUE had gotten involved. From what I know, they are a good organization and may be able to give you some helpful tips, as I believe they are based in NC.

MOD NOTE :

Websleuths welcomes all members to discuss the cases presented here. If someone has inside information about the case and/or the victim, and would like to share it here without following the TOS that requires substantiating MSM links to verify facts, then they must apply to become Verified Insider. Otherwise, such posts stating info that does not include published links regarding the victim/case may be removed. Websleuths is a fact-based discussion forum. If you claim to be a family member, or have inside info and would like to share it on Websleuths, you must be approved was a Verified Insider. The process is described here:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
We encourage anyone who would like to participate on the thread by sharing inside info without providing links to apply. VI’s remain anonymous to the membership, but in order to post inside info, a member must be approved for VI status. Unless that happens, posts that claim to be family members with inside info may be removed.

Welcome Shoppy82! I live in southeast NC, so this case is fairly local to me. You did a great job in the interview for the missing person podcast! However, it left even more questions for me.
Are LE doing anything to find him? They should be willing to share the information they have collected with the family.

Do you know where in Hope Mills the truck was found? Also when it was found and when they think it crashed? If he left Clarkton, drove to Laurinburg and was on his way back to Clarkton, why would his truck be found in Hope Mills? It is not in the route home. Why did he leave the house at 3:00 am? What would cause him to leave the house at that hour of the morning? Have LE looked at his cell phone and any other devices he might use to see who he talked to before he left? Have they gone through his contacts to determine why he was in Laurinburg or Hope Mills? Is the "item" that Brandon was supposed to pick up from his father, relevant to him being missing? The way it has been worded that he was supposed to pick "something" up from his father's house, makes me want to ask what that "something" is...

Hey everyone,

Please Welcome shoppy82 to the discussion. They have been verified as a family member and we'll leave it to them if they wish to share detail of their relationship.

As a VI, shoppy82 is not required to provide links to what they state as fact in relation to their knowledge of the case. Please do not argue with a VI or challenge them in any way. It is up to individual members how much weight to assign to information provided by a VI.

Thank you to shoppy82 and all others who are here to discuss Brandon's case.

Welcome Shoppy82! I live in southeast NC, so this case is fairly local to me. You did a great job in the interview for the missing person podcast! However, it left even more questions for me.
Are LE doing anything to find him? They should be willing to share the information they have collected with the family.

Do you know where in Hope Mills the truck was found? Also when it was found and when they think it crashed? If he left Clarkton, drove to Laurinburg and was on his way back to Clarkton, why would his truck be found in Hope Mills? It is not in the route home. Why did he leave the house at 3:00 am? What would cause him to leave the house at that hour of the morning? Have LE looked at his cell phone and any other devices he might use to see who he talked to before he left? Have they gone through his contacts to determine why he was in Laurinburg or Hope Mills? Is the "item" that Brandon was supposed to pick up from his father, relevant to him being missing? The way it has been worded that he was supposed to pick "something" up from his father's house, makes me want to ask what that "something" is...
Claire, the questions that you have are the same questions that we have. However, I do know where his truck was found in Hope Mills and I do know what he was going to pick up from our Dad's house but I do not want to disclose that information at this time. Since you live in the area, please share Brandon's case with as many people as possible. Someone out there knows what happened to my brother.

Claire, the questions that you have are the same questions that we have. However, I do know where his truck was found in Hope Mills and I do know what he was going to pick up from our Dad's house but I do not want to disclose that information at this time. Since you live in the area, please share Brandon's case with as many people as possible. Someone out there knows what happened to my brother.
Yes I've been sharing on social media. I wasn't expecting you to answer to those questions, just listing what popped into my mind as I read through the case. Have LE (law enforcement) been willing to share any info with you? Do they have a detective assigned to the case? Are they looking for him at all?

Yes I've been sharing on social media. I wasn't expecting you to answer to those questions, just listing what popped into my mind as I read through the case. Have LE (law enforcement) been willing to share any info with you? Do they have a detective assigned to the case? Are they looking for him at all?
Law enforcement is not sharing any information with us at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06
Back