Found Safe NC - CAB, 15, Winston-Salem, 4 May 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am in Greensboro,NC. LE should be checking any family and friends of these men.Young people do not have the resources to take off unless someone is helping them.

Her photos and videos made me sad ... she is 15 ....

This almost happened to my then-thirteen-year-old daughter. Fortunately, my ex-husband and I found out that the predator (an 18-year-old male) was on his way to meet her -they had met online- just a few hours he was due to arrive at the train station just a couple of miles down the road from my ex's house. LE were absolutely fantastic. They went to pick him up at the station, but -sadly- my daughter had already given the dude a heads-up, so he had gotten off the train a couple of stations away.

By the time LE tracked him down back to his state, he had just been arrested for breaking and entering, firearm larceny, etc. He was sentenced to a year in jail and supervised probation of 20 years.

My daughter hasn't even spoken to this guy since Nov. '15, yet -again, sadly- she is still obsessed with him. A week ago Thursday, she decided to check his status on vinelink, and it said he had been "transferred." My thought at the time was, "Well, he is scheduled for release in a month, so maybe he is in a court-ordered drug treatment program or something." My daughter seemed to be satisfied with that at the time.

Well, it kept bugging me, so though thinking, "No way," I decided to look him up on vinelink for our state, and there he was, in our county jail. I called my ex right away, then the detective, and finally the victims' advocate. He had been charged with four felonies and a misdemeanor in our state -stemming out of his relationship with my daughter- and extradited to our state. Due to the nature of the charges, he is looking at some serious prison time here.

My daughter just found this out last night via another vinelink search, and just about lost her mind (she suffers from a number of mental health conditions). Her position is he shouldn't be held responsible at all and wants him out of jail right away ... sigh.

My apologies for the long post, and I certainly do not mean to take the focus away from CAB. The point I would like to make here is that the victims (and I do consider them victims whether they are willing participants or not) in these types of cases may not face legal consequences, but they do face serious, long-term emotional and psychological implications.

I pray that CAB is found quickly and unharmed.

I always enjoy your posts. I'm so sorry to hear you battle with this but it looks like you're on top of it. I don't have kids yet, but plan to be a mother one day. I can't imagine what you go through.

It looks like this case hits home to you and I look forward to your insights here.

Hoping CAB comes home safely:heartbeat:

PS - Why does she look so different in all of her pics??? ugh.

Well, FCSO took the incident reports down apparently [emoji17]

It was originally listed as "runaway," wonder why it is amber alert now? They must be some really bad guys [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;860149814004256769]https://twitter.com/Jessmensch/status/860149814004256769[/video]
"Mom of CAB says she thinks Bottoms left voluntarily. 1 of suspects is Bottoms' boyfriend, mom says. Family still worried @WFMY"
(BBM)

Of course the family is worried. Their precious daughter is missing along with two adult males.

Truly thoughtless and downright reckless on the part of the [so called] reporter. It does nothing to help find CAB or bring the suspects into custody; it only perpetuates the sentiment that somehow CAB and her family brought this onto themselves. Deja vu of the Tad Cummins case.

Their time would be better spent trying to find photos of the suspects ...smh.

I'm trying to figure out why I didn't get the AA. I'm close by.

[video=twitter;860149814004256769]https://twitter.com/Jessmensch/status/860149814004256769[/video]
"Mom of CAB says she thinks Bottoms left voluntarily. 1 of suspects is Bottoms' boyfriend, mom says. Family still worried @WFMY"
(BBM)

Of course the family is worried. Their precious daughter is missing along with two adult males.

Truly thoughtless and downright reckless on the part of the [so called] reporter. It does nothing to help find CAB or bring the suspects into custody; it only perpetuates the sentiment that somehow CAB and her family brought this onto themselves. Deja vu of the Tad Cummins case.

Their time would be better spent trying to find photos of the suspects ...smh.

It is reports like this that keep the public from taking it seriously.

Her photos and videos made me sad ... she is 15 ....

This almost happened to my then-thirteen-year-old daughter. Fortunately, my ex-husband and I found out that the predator (an 18-year-old male) was on his way to meet her -they had met online- just a few hours he was due to arrive at the train station just a couple of miles down the road from my ex's house. LE were absolutely fantastic. They went to pick him up at the station, but -sadly- my daughter had already given the dude a heads-up, so he had gotten off the train a couple of stations away.

By the time LE tracked him down back to his state, he had just been arrested for breaking and entering, firearm larceny, etc. He was sentenced to a year in jail and supervised probation of 20 years.

My daughter hasn't even spoken to this guy since Nov. '15, yet -again, sadly- she is still obsessed with him. A week ago Thursday, she decided to check his status on vinelink, and it said he had been "transferred." My thought at the time was, "Well, he is scheduled for release in a month, so maybe he is in a court-ordered drug treatment program or something." My daughter seemed to be satisfied with that at the time.

Well, it kept bugging me, so though thinking, "No way," I decided to look him up on vinelink for our state, and there he was, in our county jail. I called my ex right away, then the detective, and finally the victims' advocate. He had been charged with four felonies and a misdemeanor in our state -stemming out of his relationship with my daughter- and extradited to our state. Due to the nature of the charges, he is looking at some serious prison time here.

My daughter just found this out last night via another vinelink search, and just about lost her mind (she suffers from a number of mental health conditions). Her position is he shouldn't be held responsible at all and wants him out of jail right away ... sigh.

My apologies for the long post, and I certainly do not mean to take the focus away from CAB. The point I would like to make here is that the victims (and I do consider them victims whether they are willing participants or not) in these types of cases may not face legal consequences, but they do face serious, long-term emotional and psychological implications.

I pray that CAB is found quickly and unharmed.
HOLY COW! You're doing a great job considering what you are up against.... a very independent and strong willed teenager. My fear is that she will fall prey to yet another predator, so even though you are probably exhausted, please keep on top of her online access. No doubt she will begin sneaking around with technology at other people's houses (friends) as she gets more sophisticated. I'm sorry.

:grouphug:

About CAB, could her "boyfriend" be her pimp? That's usually what the girls claim when they've been indoctrinated into the sex trafficking system. By viewing her FB, she does seem quite demonstrative in this regard. Her live videos made me feel really sad and I wonder what kind of home life she has that she would have this sort of need in her life.

What can be done to stop this repeating itself after they find her?

About CAB, could her "boyfriend" be her pimp? That's usually what the girls claim when they've been indoctrinated into the sex trafficking system. By viewing her FB, she does seem quite demonstrative in this regard. Her live videos made me feel really sad and I wonder what kind of home life she has that she would have this sort of need in her life.

There was a guy commenting on the facebook post claiming that she has been prostituting. Take that with a grain of salt though. The guy could easily just be a troll.

Wait, is one of the suspect's the 15-year-old's "boyfriend" or the mother of the 15-year-old's boyfriend? Because the 15-year-old should not have a boyfriend in his 20s.

IMHO

:cow:

Side note to parents: Please ensure that you have current, accurate pictures of your children.

Her Facebook has at least one picture that, in my opinion, is child *advertiser censored*. It is very sad that she is doing this and the pic is still up.

I always enjoy your posts. I'm so sorry to hear you battle with this but it looks like you're on top of it. I don't have kids yet, but plan to be a mother one day. I can't imagine what you go through.

It looks like this case hits home to you and I look forward to your insights here.

Hoping CAB comes home safely:heartbeat:

PS - Why does she look so different in all of her pics??? ugh.
Thank you so much for your kind words, philosopher. Ditto to you: Your compassion and thoughtfulness come through in your posts.

As to what happened to my daughter, I feel very much conflicted at the moment. I want the individual held fully responsible for what he has done, so that he cannot do this to anyone else. His charges include Accosting, enticing or soliciting child for immoral purpose (... this makes me so sad ... and yes, LE got a lot of "stuff" off her cell phone ... :(), Recruiting, inducing, soliciting, or coercing minor to commit felony, and credit card fraud: The last two stem from the fact that my daughter gave him her father's credit card information, with which he purchased Amtrak tickets -Business Class, no less-, so that he could travel across multiple states to come meet my daughter in person; he also asked her for my ex's social security number, but she didn't know where to find it ... whew.

At the same time, I really don't want my daughter exposed to much of this, if any. I am attending his pre-exam conference tomorrow, and also meeting with the victims' advocate, mainly to find out how much input and level of cooperation the prosecutor is expecting from her. She has already made it clear to me and my ex she has no intention of testifying on behalf of the prosecution, and if forced, she will say he did nothing wrong. When it comes to this guy, all reasoning and logic go out the window for my daughter.

This experience has really made me realize every case and situation is different. I have always been someone who gets mad hearing that the victim in a rape case is refusing to press charges, for example. I am not so sure any more: Who am I to judge when I don't know the whole story?

Anyway, back to CAB! I hope that as soon as I hit the "Submit Reply" button, I will see "FOUND SAFE"!

Her FB makes me sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I then felt just sad for her. Makes you wonder if she has been raised to think her sexuality is all she has to offer.

Don't want to get a vacay, but I sense a lot of people around her have FAILED to protect her. MOO

Thank you so much for your kind words, philosopher. Ditto to you: Your compassion and thoughtfulness come through in your posts.

As to what happened to my daughter, I feel very much conflicted at the moment. I want the individual held fully responsible for what he has done, so that he cannot do this to anyone else. His charges include Accosting, enticing or soliciting child for immoral purpose (... this makes me so sad ... and yes, LE got a lot of "stuff" off her cell phone ... :(), Recruiting, inducing, soliciting, or coercing minor to commit felony, and credit card fraud: The last two stem from the fact that my daughter gave him her father's credit card information, with which he purchased Amtrak tickets -Business Class, no less-, so that he could travel across multiple states to come meet my daughter in person; he also asked her for my ex's social security number, but she didn't know where to find it ... whew.

At the same time, I really don't want my daughter exposed to much of this, if any. I am attending his pre-exam conference tomorrow, and also meeting with the victims' advocate, mainly to find out how much input and level of cooperation the prosecutor is expecting from her. She has already made it clear to me and my ex she has no intention of testifying on behalf of the prosecution, and if forced, she will say he did nothing wrong. When it comes to this guy, all reasoning and logic go out the window for my daughter.

This experience has really made me realize every case and situation is different. I have always been someone who gets mad hearing that the victim in a rape case is refusing to press charges, for example. I am not so sure any more: Who am I to judge when I don't know the whole story?

Anyway, back to CAB! I hope that as soon as I hit the "Submit Reply" button, I will see "FOUND SAFE"!

Thank you for the compliments, I'm an empath so that's mainly where my compassion comes from :) I try to hide from it sometimes because I can get so overwhelmed with emotions.

This situation with your daughter is extremely stressful and I'm getting stressed just thinking about it!! Haha... much love and props to you for catching this predator before he met your daughter and for pressing charges. You should definitely let me know how it all turns out. It's so important he is held accountable so that maybe he can at least think twice about doing it another young girl. Or at least it will be on his record so others can be aware of him and what he's capable of...

I hope you continue to share your story, there's a valuable lesson here that parents truly need to monitor their kids online activity or exactly the reasons you are facing and now what CAB's parents are facing. It's so important before it's too late.

Hoping the best possible outcome for CAB whether she knows it or not.

Didn't expect anyone to pop up in Sanford. Not much there except drugs sadly. Very small town.

HOLY COW! You're doing a great job considering what you are up against.... a very independent and strong willed teenager. My fear is that she will fall prey to yet another predator, so even though you are probably exhausted, please keep on top of her online access. No doubt she will begin sneaking around with technology at other people's houses (friends) as she gets more sophisticated. I'm sorry.

:grouphug:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful words, GigTu! Yes, I am absolutely exhausted, to be honest. And yes, just a couple of weeks after my ex and I let her have a phone back (after what happened, she didn't have one for a year; her old phone is still in police custody), she sneaked out of her father's house in the middle of the night. Thank goodness, a patrolling officer saw her walking along the road with a male classmate at three o'clock in the morning -in late December, and we live in Michigan- and brought her home. They had walked two miles to a 24-hour, big box store, bought a couple of cans of air duster and were on their way to the boy's home when the officer saw them. If it weren't for him, she really could have easily been run over by a car or died from huffing. Needless to say, I took some coffee and doughnuts to the station the following morning.

She basically requires around-the-clock supervision for safety reasons (she also self-harms). I had to have a security system installed for this reason. I also have a 12-year-old son; some of his friends are not allowed to have sleepovers or even come over just to play at my house or my ex's, because of his sister's behavior (and I understand their parents' position completely).

All of this makes me really sad, but I am their mama, so I have to keep trying the best I can.

When my daughter and the 18-year-old started communicating, her father and I had just started our divorce proceedings. Even though I was the one who filed, I went into a deep depression, to the point where I had to take some time away from work, so that I could be treated as an inpatient. In the meantime, my ex started dating a co-worker and bringing her home even on the days the kids were to stay with him. So the timing was definitely not coincidental. I'm sure she felt neglected, and she really was ... :redface:.

Anyway, I will stop now! Just wanted to share my perspective as someone "who's been there," so to speak ... and does not wish it upon her worst enemy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back