Deceased/Not Found NC - Christopher 'Cole' Thomas, 22, Benson, 25 Nov 2016 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After rereading through, I'm thoroughly confused as to how there are no other supplemental reports considering that I called in a possible sighting of Cole in the town of Coats. ..shouldn't that have been added into the reports?

After rereading through, I'm thoroughly confused as to how there are no other supplemental reports considering that I called in a possible sighting of Cole in the town of Coats. ..shouldn't that have been added into the reports?

I agree, absolutely! Keptrova_x let's see if we can update the case map! I'll need your help and possibly the help of Tabirey to make progress with this! Let's press forward for Cole!

I agree, absolutely! Keptrova_x let's see if we can update the case map! I'll need your help and possibly the help of Tabirey to make progress with this! Let's press forward for Cole!

I hear ya! ;)

I will catch up with you later today and we will update and press on!

Just let me know what you need! Let's bring this young man home!

Great Find, Tabirey!

I don't know how I didn't run across it before! I usually do a daily search for anything on Cole. This whole situation is breaking my heart. Not only do I have kids his age, I just feel a connection to this one. I find it weird that he and I have connections to the same places :
FL: Cole was raised there and I've lived there twice (including Tarpon Springs )
MN : I was raised there and Cole was working there.
NC: Cole disappeared from the next town over from me and my daughter and I may have possibly seen him.

Just weird coincidences that make me feel like I'm missing something obvious.
Ok, sorry for my morning ramblings, too little sleep and not enough coffee!

I don't know how I didn't run across it before! I usually do a daily search for anything on Cole. This whole situation is breaking my heart. Not only do I have kids his age, I just feel a connection to this one. I find it weird that he and I have connections to the same places :
FL: Cole was raised there and I've lived there twice (including Tarpon Springs )
NC: Cole disappeared from the next town over from me and my daughter and I may have possibly seen him.

Tabirey, can you let us know exactly where you believe you may have seen Cole in Coates NC? This would help us make sure the map is accurate. Also, do you remember the date that you think you saw him? Any details that stick out in your mind would be appreciated! TIA!

Me too!!! My boys are 26 and 24. I grew up in Pensacola, Fl and lived in Goldsboro, NC.
My heart goes out to his parents. I couldn't imagine.

Not sure if this has been shared, but some of the info was new to me
(Just a warning, you only get so many free articles on this site )

http://testwp.tecnavia.com/sites/du...red/2017/01/13/digging-into-cole-thomas-case/

Wow! So, at first, Man #1 is "asleep on the front seat," no mention of Man #2. Story changes to include Man #2. Their supervisor doesn't believe either one of them is telling the truth (about which part(s), we don't know.) Now there's a mysterious woman who says they need to check out a Mexican man in Florida. And all those drug arrests! Maybe somebody who knows something was arrested and will sing 🎶. Praying for Cole every day.

Not sure if this has been shared, but some of the info was new to me
(Just a warning, you only get so many free articles on this site )

http://testwp.tecnavia.com/sites/du...red/2017/01/13/digging-into-cole-thomas-case/
Finally finished reading the article above posted by Tabirey.

imho as I am sure many others...answers about Cole's disappearance are with Man No 1 and 2.

From your link above:
He further told Sgt. Lucas that they were getting on Interstate 40 when Mr. Thomas began to act funny and was swerving and driving crazily. Man No. 1 said Mr. Thomas claimed at the time that police were chasing him.
Mr. Thomas drove into Benson and began to turn down different streets before coming to a stop and running from the vehicle.

So man No 1 says Cole was driving crazy, etc...but yet man No 1 was asleep or was able to fall asleep in a short time even while being concerned with Cole acting funny and concerned with his driving??

Tabirey, can you let us know exactly where you believe you may have seen Cole in Coates NC? This would help us make sure the map is accurate. Also, do you remember the date that you think you saw him? Any details that stick out in your mind would be appreciated! TIA!
How did Cole appear, if it was him? I want to hope it was

How did Cole appear, if it was him? I want to hope it was

Figured I'd answer both of these at once and forgive me, but for clarity this may be a long post. :
To give you an idea of our line of travel, you can take NC 55 from Linden (where I picked my daughter up at ) through Erwin into Coats (55 is also known as McKinley St.). When you come into Coats city limit (I'll try to get pics tomorrow ), there is a produce /ice cream stand on the right. About a half block down there's a little cafe and a Sunoco on the left and on the right is a tire shop /self car wash. On the next corner on the right, after the tire shop is a small car sales lot. There are sidewalks on both sides.
That was about where we noticed the young man walking on Dec 1st. He was on the sidewalk on the right hand side walking towards us. Not really unusual to see at about 7pm. He was just walking normal, not rushed, with the hood of his jacket up and his hands in his pockets. What made my daughter and I both notice him was that as we were passing by him, he looked up and seemed to really look hard at who was in the car. Like he was making sure we weren't a threat or someone he knew. It was unusual enough that both my daughter and I looked at each other and said "did you see that? "
Unfortunately, I didn't even connect the dots until about a week later and immediately contacted Cole's Aunt and BPD.
What made me connect it was the original description of what Cole was supposedly wearing that night.
When I called BPD, the officer who answered took a message and had the supervisor on duty call me. I spoke with him when he called and he said he'd give the information to the detective. The detective did call me, but I was unable to answer at that time. I called back when I was able to and he was not in and I left a message. He has not called me back since then.

I really hoped that BPD would have checked to see if any of the businesses had video of him. We have 4 gas stations in town, a grocery store and a dollar genral that all would have still been open at that time.

I've really hoped since then that it was him. Folks around here definitely still have the southern mentality of helping a stranger and if he did make it to Erwin/ dunn area, there are shelters there or not to much of a jump if he caught a ride into Fayetteville. Fayetteville would be an extremely good city to get "lost" in.

Shoot, meant to add this to my last post. The red X is approximately where we saw him.
2017-01-31 00.20.12.jpg

Shoot, meant to add this to my last post. The red X is approximately where we saw him.
View attachment 108886
Thanks for sharing. I believe it could have been him, also. I wonder if he got spooked by some info he heard in the car or put some connections of people together that made him fear for his life?

Should you try calling the detective back?

Thanks for sharing. I believe it could have been him, also. I wonder if he got spooked by some info he heard in the car or put some connections of people together that made him fear for his life?

Should you try calling the detective back?

I think at this point I'm going to recontact Cole's Aunt and see if I can meet with Cole's parents and CUE. With everything I've read and my own experience, I'm not sure that contacting BPD would do any good 😕

Tabirey, thank you for all the great info on your sighting.

I have added this to the Case Map and quoted your post from WS - I do hope that this is okay? Just thought it's sort of a central point for all potential and confirmed information :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360
Back