Deceased/Not Found NC - Christopher 'Cole' Thomas, 22, Benson, 25 Nov 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
None of them are facing murder charges.
Julian Valles Jr., 34, of Dudley; Anthony Ridell James Jr., 26, of Mt. Olive; and Rudolfo DeLeon Jr., 27, of Mt. Olive; all face charges of felony concealment of a death. Valles also faces three counts of felony obstruction of justice, and James is facing one count of felony obstruction of justice.

DeLeon’s bond was set at $1 million secured. Valles’ was set at $750,000 secured. James’ was set at $350,000. The three are being held in the Johnston County Jail.
http://wncn.com/2017/07/17/3-in-custody-in-case-of-cole-thomas-man-reported-missing-from-benson/

Is he still missing? I'm confused, sorry.

Yes, still missing. It appears they have evidence he is deceased but I haven't seen anything that says they found him yet (someone correct me if I'm mistaken). So sad for his family.

Yes, still missing. It appears they have evidence he is deceased but I haven't seen anything that says they found him yet (someone correct me if I'm mistaken). So sad for his family.

Unfortunately, I had a feeling from the beginning that he was gone and that LE knew much more than what they were saying. Just because they haven't charged the guys for murder yet, doesn't mean they won't. I am heartbroken for his loved ones.

Is he still missing? I'm confused, sorry.

They haven't said yet, unfortunately. I think there are more charges coming at least for one of them, he has a higher bail than the other 2, but only one charge so far.

Thanks, Tabirey and Gardener1850, for the clarity

Were these men previously named as the friends he was with?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

They haven't said yet, unfortunately. I think there are more charges coming at least for one of them, he has a higher bail than the other 2, but only one charge so far.

Julian Valles Jr., 34, of Dudley, NC
3 counts Felony Obstruction of Justice
1 count Felony Concealment of a Death
$750,000 Secured Bond

Anthony Ridell James Jr., 26, of Mt. Olive, NC
1 count Felony Obstruction of Justice
$350,000 Secured Bond

Rudolfo DeLeon Jr., 27, of Mt. Olive, NC
$1,000,000 Secured Bond

I noticed that. Does this mean one is more involved than the others, maybe?
ETA: maybe DeLeon has priors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were these men previously named as the friends he was with?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

One of the three arrested is (JV). The other two arrested were at the house Cole was allegedly taken to if I remember correctly

One of them rolled on the others I think. The truth will come out soon and justice served.

I noticed that. Does this mean one is more involved than the others, maybe?
ETA: maybe DeLeon has priors?

I just looked at the three men's NC criminal records. Nothing shows up for JV, AR has 2 convictions for assault on a female and drug possession, and RD has only drug possession and driving with a revoked license.

The fact that RD has the highest bond but only 1 charge relating to Cole definitely makes it seem like he was more involved somehow.

Also, I am in NC and about an hour from Benson, yet I think I've heard about this case only once on local media, and that was today with the announcement about the arrests. If not for this site, I never would have heard anything about Cole. (I've been a lurker on and off for years.)

I'm really hoping that LE has some information that can provide some closure to Cole's family, at the very least. It's heartbreaking. He seems like a great kid.

AR's criminal info: http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffender.do?method=view&offenderID=1290159
RD's: http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffender.do?method=view&offenderID=1090355

One of them rolled on the others I think. The truth will come out soon and justice served.

That's what I'm thinking. I have a feeling that they are stating he OD'd and they hid him somewhere. Makes me wonder if that's why the house burned down... I am curious as to why the other 2 men he was with haven't been charged with anything. They had to have known what happened also.

Could someone please alert a Mod to change the title to add arrests? It's not letting me alert for some reason

https://jocoreport.com/cole-thomas-family-releases-statement-following-3-arrests/
Cole Thomas Family Releases Statement Following 3 Arrests
Thomas’ family released a statement today saying: “Today marks 235 days since our son Cole Thomas vanished from our lives, this has been the most devastating thing that has hit our family, ever. We have desperately waited for answers to where Cole is, we pray this will be the start of finding him. We cannot express our gratitude to all those who have supported us through this nightmare and all who are aiding in bringing those to justice; there are too many to name. We will continue to seek the truth and will not give up, not give in until Cole Thomas is home again and whoever is responsible for his disappearance or harming him is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

https://jocoreport.com/cole-thomas-family-releases-statement-following-3-arrests/
Grand jury indictments against the three suspects were released to the media on Tuesday. They revealed no new information other than Valles “…did obstruct justice by deleting text messages to Rudolfo DeLeon.” The indictment did not specify if the text messages to DeLeon came from Valles or from Cole Thomas.

Benson Police have not said if Thomas knew the three men.

The indictments indicate authorities believe Thomas is deceased, however his body has reportedly still not been located.

My heart is breaking for Cole's loved ones. Hopefully now the true story will come out and they'll have answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie
Back