NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Isabelle. I came onto this site at 1:35 PM EDT to post an idea that came to me at exactly 9:12 AM EDT today. Here are my notes from this morning:

"Sudden insight: Casey Parsons said 'Erica is fine. She is with Nan.' So if Nan is dead and Erica is with Nan, isn't that code for 'Erica is dead?' How could Casey live with Sandy in the house if she were to say he killed Erica? He has to be taken out of the house first, but there has to be probable cause. Even Casey isn't safe from Sandy. Perhaps Casey intentionally used the wrong name for Billy Goodman's mother, as a flag. Sandy probably wouldn't know and wouldn't check."

Now, over 6 hours later, I do recognize that Casey could say the same thing in order to constitute a sort of confession if she herself killed or helped kill Erica. If she was the one who "delivered Erica to Nan" while Sandy was a distance away (in the McDonald's alibi), then that metaphor would be her way of admitting that she did the killing (even accidentally during an episode of abuse), and that Sandy was a witness to the abuse but not to the death (he "didn't see Nan," and "Nan" is synonymous with "death" in this theory).

While I was catching up 2 hours ago on several pages beginning on Thread #1, I noticed that on p. 40 of that thread gngr~snap said to mysticrose in post #984 (Thu., 8/22/13 8:32 pm):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218375&page=40

(QUOTE): "She is with *Nan* Nan is dead"
It's obvious to me. (END QUOTE)

So that makes at least 3 people who've thought of this idea:
1) gngr~snap - Thu., 8/22/13 8:32 PM post (see URL above)
2) me, Peeralot Sherlock - Fri., 8/23/13 9:12 AM idea & 4:08 PM post
3) Isabelle - Fri., 8/23/13 12:15 PM post

What do other people see in this? Anything to see here?

AND just as an aside, I only see people here referring to Facebook as a way to look for people. There are numerous other sites. I myself habitually use http://www.intelius.com to look for a name associated with multiple cities of past and present residence along with relatives/associates (plus an age which may be accurate to within about 10 years!). If I find someone I want to verify as having a *probably* current address, I enter their name at http://www.addresses.com with or without a city. (At addresses.com you can also do a reverse phone look-up; that's useful if you want to see how many people's names are associated with the same phone number; it often shows two people living together that you might not have expected.) Facebook does have photos (intelius and addresses.com do not), but I don't use Facebook and instead Google a person's name with "photos" or "images" to bring up photos (Facebook often comes up in those results).
From the first time I saw the Dr. Phil interview and Casey say Erica is find she is with Nan' I thought she was trying to make a truthful statement by omitting the truth of Erica being dead. I too thought Erica is with Nan = Erica is dead just like Nan. I also wondered if she was making statements like this thinking she could beat a lie detector test if she had to take one.

Actually it dates to the time the disability prevented you from working. I just looked at my application. lol

So, if you're prevented from working in January, but apply in June, it will back date to January.

I could be wrong, it's happened before. (But I divorced him and took care of that...) :floorlaugh:

Yes as a nurse and former social worker this is how I understand social security disability payments to work. So if you had a child born with a disability but didn't apply until the child was 2, you would receive 2 years of back payment as well as begin receiving monthly payments. I wonder if the question SP posted about back payments was regarding SSI for him or for Erica?

Also wanted to point out that SSI is different from the adoption subsidy they were receiving for Erica, so if she qualified for SSI they could have been receiving monthly adoption subsidies plus an SSI check. They also would have gotten a large adoption tax credit when they adopted her and children adopted from foster care typically get a state medical card until they are 18. So basically they had to pay for nothing to care of Erica and I'm sure made money off of her. I'm actually surprised they didn't adopt more children. Especially ones with special needs.

4th from the bottom on page 7 of 9 of home search warrant

• NC Medicaid card For Erica Parsons, document from child welfare, DSS documents

(shouldn't Erica have her card with her at nan's incase she needs medical attention...???)

Yes as a nurse and former social worker this is how I understand social security disability payments to work. So if you had a child born with a disability but didn't apply until the child was 2, you would receive 2 years of back payment as well as begin receiving monthly payments. I wonder if the question SP posted about back payments was regarding SSI for him or for Erica?

Also wanted to point out that SSI is different from the adoption subsidy they were receiving for Erica, so if she qualified for SSI they could have been receiving monthly adoption subsidies plus an SSI check. They also would have gotten a large adoption tax credit when they adopted her and children adopted from foster care typically get a state medical card until they are 18. So basically they had to pay for nothing to care of Erica and I'm sure made money off of her. I'm actually surprised they didn't adopt more children. Especially ones with special needs.
if I am correct on the timing they would not have gotten a large tax credit if they had adopted her a year later they may have qualified for a tax credit that was not tied to actual expenses but for non special needs adoptions and special needs adoptions prior to 2001 your credit was no more then your expenses capped at 6000 dollars. I am not saying they didn't make money from the tax credit or that they didn't lie about their expenses but timing wise they did not adopt in a year when they could get more cash back then expenses and then only up to their stated tax. The child tax credit was also significantly lower then as well

• NC Medicaid card For Erica Parsons, document from child welfare, DSS documents

(shouldn't Erica have her card with her at nan's incase she needs medical attention...???)

I expect CP's reply would be that Disneyland parent (was that her phrase?) Nan with the SUV full of brand new clothes (tags on!) coming to take Erica to Fantasyland would have no problems paying Erica's medical bills.

Dead kids don't need medical care. :(
Even if she did need medical care these people didn't care enough to see she got it anyway.

Dead kids don't need medical care. :(
Even if she did need medical care these people didn't care enough to see she got it anyway.

Surely YOU know I was being facetious ms...??? :floorlaugh:

;)

I wish erica was alive with her living nan

I wish erica needed her healthcare

ETA I wish the ParsonES were never allowed to have or get near another child or animal

This is from the 08/09/2013 Interview the Parsons gave:

http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-09-ParsonsMediaInterviewPt5.pdf

Casey Parsons: You have to understand about that. Along with that comes Medicaid, and I knew that was Erica's only way of going to the doctor if she became sick and needed to go to the doctor. So, if you cancel that too, you cancel her insurance that she has, and that was her only health insurance at all. And, I actually have the letter over there that tells about receiving that. And, there's two criterias for it- legal responsibility or financial responsibility.

Reporter: So, how did you use the money, then?

Casey Parsons: It- just put it in the bank, and just like we received it, and it's in- it's sitting in the bank. 'Cause-

Reporter: No one went to Irene, Nan?

Casey Parsons: No, we don't even know an address.

Casey Parsons: I still have her Medicaid card sitting here.

Reporter: How would she get-

Casey Parsons: If she needed that.

Reporter: - to the doctor?

Casey Parsons: She would have to call and do it. Now see, they did mention about treatment one time for her. And Nan, when we called her back, we went to see- we called to see how that went when she was at the ER, supposed to be, that night- um, she said she got her treated.

Reporter: This is up in Asheville?

Casey Parsons: Yes. And they- the detective said they called a hospital. The hospital me and my husband searched for and found was Mission's Hill, wasn't it? Hospital, that we assume that's where she went to. Um, but they won't give you any information over the phone. And, the detective said they was checking all that and checking it out.

=====================================

ACR

Thanks ACR

And those interviews were before the search warrants....yup.

Eta off u go...nope u won't be needing any of that.

How would she call? CP doesn't have that phone anymore. Maybe Erica could have gotten the number with a crystal ball.:rolleyes:

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4

I expect CP's reply would be that Disneyland parent (was that her phrase?) Nan with the SUV full of brand new clothes (tags on!) coming to take Erica to Fantasyland would have no problems paying Erica's medical bills.

Quoting myself because: would any woman really pre-purchase a vehicle full of clothes and shoes for a 13 year old girl rather than taking that 13 yo girl shopping?

Weren't some of Erica's family reported as being interviewed by the FBI today?

I apologize if this has already been posted but I have not seen these details of the abuse.

The warrants also detailed allegations of abuse made against the adoptive parents by multiple family members.
Saying that Sandy Parsons told them 'she couldn't tolerate her and does not claim Erica as her daughter,' relatives told investigators the missing girl was often covered in bruises, according to the Post.
When confronted, the vengeful woman would accuse other children of beating the innocent girl.
'Family members stated another child in the home told this family member that Casey took a toy gun and broke it while hitting Erica with the toy. Erica was upset because it was her favorite toy,' according to a warrant reviewed by the Post.
Casey Parsons also allegedly forced the girl to live outside the home like a punished dog, the warrants say, according to the post.

<snip>
According to DSS documents obtained by Channel 9, at least one person had been concerned that Erica was being abused as a child.
The report stated that when Erica was 4-years-old, she was observed with ‘four marks on her rear end, a long one down the back of her leg and a couple on the side of her face.'
According to a woman involved in the case, the little girl was perpetually punished by her adoptive parents. The person who raised the alarm about Erica's treatment told DSS at the time that Casey Parsons even carried ‘a belt’ and used it to whip the girl.

more at the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-Carolina-home-missing-15-year-old-girl.html

I am grewtful these people are coming forward to speak, but, IMO they should be charged for not reporting IF they have not reported when they first found out... Something HAS to be done about this.. BUT what? If the LE starts charging for not reporting, no one would ever report what they know... :banghead::banghead:

According to the Dr. Phil interview someone called CPS four different times to investigate CP and SP. At least one of those times CP says it was her sister, but I don't know who reported them the other three times. So someone did try.

VIDEO - Biological mother of Erica Parsons speaks at vigil

Family member shows pic of Cloie, the real bio grandmother

Very nice turn out for the vigil. I was so happy to see Erica's Bio Mom show up there, and Erica's Uncle, Scott Parsons was there, but especially happy to see members of the Bio Dad (Billy Dean Goodman) family showed up !!

We finally got a picture of the REAL paternal Grandmother, Cloie Goodman:

acr-00359-CloieGoodmanVigil082313_zpsbac92022.jpg

From the first time I saw the Dr. Phil interview and Casey say Erica is find she is with Nan' I thought she was trying to make a truthful statement by omitting the truth of Erica being dead. I too thought Erica is with Nan = Erica is dead just like Nan. I also wondered if she was making statements like this thinking she could beat a lie detector test if she had to take one.

Maureen, I was thinking something similar to your line of thought about the lie detector test. Just as some people have a system for creating passwords they can remember, I was thinking that Casey seemed to have a "memory system" for her stories and alibis so that she wouldn't get tripped up, and so that she could say something ambiguous that could mean more than one thing. That way, she could more easily put total conviction into her words.

The problem is, she's too good at her own game. She was too convincing in her motherly tone that "Erica is fine, she's with Nan," and she role-played that sentence the same way every time no matter what the actual conversation seemed to require. That's what made it send up red flags for me.

Of course, she was probably coached by the lawyer to repeat the mantra. That's a common tactic advised by attorneys. "Just hammer your point home. Stick to your best defense."

I agree with you totally that she seems to have thought up things she could state as "facts," that would slip right through the polygraph. Does that mean she's an expert liar? I will definitely follow this case to see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member