NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi new member here...but have been a reader on this site for ages. This case is disturbing..watching thwm on dr phil and the look on the lawyers face when the lie detector results were read...he knew then i think that they are hiding something. Also when "nan" contacted them why didnt cp ring the bio mother and discuss it with her? Considering it was a family adoption ot seemed like thwy were in touch... she could have been told right then the real nan had passed away. Like many others nan reminds me of zanny the nanny. Excuse typos im on my ph and my fingers r too fat lol.

:welcome5:Welcome chars01, I have not seen the video of Dr. Phil - has it already aired? I'm playing catch up, myself. I have seen a few little clips on you-tube, that's it.
Miranda card.jpg :seeya:

Usually back pay applies from the time of application until the time of approval.
Interesting finds today.

Actually it dates to the time the disability prevented you from working. I just looked at my application. lol

So, if you're prevented from working in January, but apply in June, it will back date to January.

I could be wrong, it's happened before. (But I divorced him and took care of that...) :floorlaugh:

Actually it dates to the time the disability prevented you from working. I just looked at my application. lol

So, if you're prevented from working in January, but apply in June, it will back date to January.

I could be wrong, it's happened before. (But I divorced him and took care of that...) :floorlaugh:

Applications I did were for SSI already approved for another provider, in my case they were for payments made to a mental health hospital for patients discharged to our group home. After application and approval, payment went directly to the client. The whole thrust was to give clients income so they had funds to independently live outside a hospital or group home environment.

:welcome5:Welcome chars01, I have not seen the video of Dr. Phil - has it already aired? I'm playing catch up, myself. I have seen a few little clips on you-tube, that's it.
View attachment 36794 :seeya:

you can search YouTube for it, links were posted upthread. i def recommend watching.

Yup the full two episodes are on youtybel i will try find the link...made for an interesting watch. Cannot get over sending your child somewhere with no address on where they are going..also the mother was saying they arw willing to sign over custody if "nan: comee forwatd......clearly no love there...was sad

I'd search youtube for dr Phil, Erica Parsons, part one & part two. you'llget the whole show.

BBM

Respectfully, we don't really know that no one stood up for Erica and protected her. We don't know everything that happened. Maybe someone did stand up for Erica.

Maybe someone was arrested for assaulting the abuser.

I don't know what happened in that house. I only know that I don't take Casey's word for anything that she says happened.

You are right! Someone may have stood up for Erica! But the majority of this family apparently looked the other way. My extended family would be questioning me if one of my dogs wasn't seen for awhile and it took 2 years for someone to raise the flag for this poor child! I don't believe a word from CP's mouth either, but it was reported that CP said that she couldn't stand the sight of Erica and this was KNOWN to at least some. Then when out of the blue...NO MORE ERICA and nobody said a dang word. That is inconceivable to me! Jmo.

AND just as an aside, I only see people here referring to Facebook as a way to look for people. There are numerous other sites. I myself habitually use http://www.intelius.com to look for a name associated with multiple cities of past and present residence along with relatives/associates (plus an age which may be accurate to within about 10 years!). If I find someone I want to verify as having a *probably* current address, I enter their name at http://www.addresses.com with or without a city. (At addresses.com you can also do a reverse phone look-up; that's useful if you want to see how many people's names are associated with the same phone number; it often shows two people living together that you might not have expected.) Facebook does have photos (intelius and addresses.com do not), but I don't use Facebook and instead Google a person's name with "photos" or "images" to bring up photos (Facebook often comes up in those results).

FYI...intellius is NOT NOT NOT NOT an accurate place to gather information. it just is not. not only do they have inaccurate information, anyone can contact them to have their information removed or edit whatever info they want. I did that. first I had to correct VERY bad info they had on me and then I removed myself from their site altogether. and intellius is not the only site with inaccurate info. addresses.com, whitepages.com, peoplefinders.com ALL of them are jokes and cannot be trusted. I removed myself from ALL of those sites too.

I wouldn't trust that site as far as I would trust anyone saying "im a French model" on the internet.

FYI...intellius is NOT NOT NOT NOT an accurate place to gather information. ... and intellius is not the only site with inaccurate info. addresses.com, whitepages.com, peoplefinders.com ALL of them are jokes and cannot be trusted...

I know that intelius is not 100% accurate, but neither is it 100% inaccurate. That's why I do a cross-check. Same for addresses.com. But together they have served me well.

What sites do you prefer? Just Facebook? I'm curious, because I'd like to have other options.

Calling CPS on a family member is a difficult thing to do. I wondered if I was wrong, if I was overreacting, if I was doing the wrong thing, if I was opening a huge can of worms.... What if this started something that couldn't be stopped??

But, I did it anyway. Because the kids are important. All of the above doesn't matter so long as the kids are okay.

If more people got involved, stuck their nose in where it "doesn't belong", stood up for something instead of keeping quiet and minding their own business, one more child may be saved. :moo:

I have had to report a family member in the past also. It certainly did not make me their favorite person, but I look at it this way....To know something is going on and look the other way, makes ME just as guilty as the abuser, neglecter, etc.

LOL, Salem must be from the "old school" as years ago online we called all screen names "HATS."

I very rarely pull out my online street cred, but I'm from early 80s BBS/CompuServe days, just never heard that one. Handles (HAM radio/BBS), nicks (IRC), screen names (thanks AOL!), hats is a new one on me. :)

I very rarely pull out my online street cred, but I'm from early 80s BBS/CompuServe days, just never heard that one. Handles (HAM radio/BBS), nicks (IRC), screen names (thanks AOL!), hats is a new one on me. :)

Thank You!!

It may have been primarily used by those following the JonBenet Ramsey case in the late '90s, on the old Boulder News forum and at Justice Watch, and even on here back in the early days (back in '98) of Websleuths (both with and without the two "Bs") because when I got online back in '95, that was the only case I was following for many years. My maiden voyage. In IRC we did refer to them as "nicks" and for those on AOL we called them "screen names."

Talk about a flashback, those were the days, what a trip!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cavalluccicheryl