NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I was born and raised in the area where Erica lived, I only brought the dog situation up because so many of you were worried about the dogs left at the Parsons, maybe even suggesting calling animal control. You would need to call animal control on at least 75% of dog owners in the rural areas in that case and they would ignore the call. Many of my relatives and friends raised packs of hunting dogs and most people keep their pet dogs outdoors inside a fence. I was just trying to explain that it was more normal for dogs to be left outside in rural areas around here

MY adult kids and I do live in the Charlotte-Asheville area. My daughter, who is such a big animal lover that she climbed a large hollow oak tree to rescue 3 baby orphaned raccoons, took 3 months of searching to find a place to live with her 90 pound sweet well trained Lab(stops and goes on command with no leach). Most landlords in this region don't want dogs inside dwellings, especially the larger dogs.

Anyway, it looks like my reassurance was taken as something else. I was just trying to assure you guys that dogs in a fence with food and water are usually well cared for and not to be concerned about them as it is normal and healthy for this area.

Thanks! It's been my experience, while working in rescue for years, that NC is VERY lax on animal welfare laws, and on breeding. I know for a fact that the rescue I work with has pulled dogs from NC pound for adoption here in VA. The majority of NC's animal control facilities, aka the pound, are not no kill, and in fact have a very high kill rate. That won't change until harsher laws are put into place on the breeding, IMO. It's also a known fact within this area, that breeders here will often go to NC and buy their 'stock' because the dogs are cheaper. Sometimes the breeders will buy the mother and pups! Just irritates me, and really isn't a huge part of this case, other than the Parsonses appear to be backyard breeders. In my view, those types rarely care about the hereditary problems within the breeds, instead focus more on the $$$$$ those dogs can bring in. Once those vital years of reproducing are over, or the dogs enter into the age of producing smaller litters, they are dumped at the pound!

I think any generalizing about a state or a region is a bad idea. I live in a metropolitan area and lots of people have Labrador-sized dogs while living in apartment complexes. The apartment complexes all have those dog waste bag dispensers placed all around the grounds, including the one I live in now. I'm sure the more urban areas of Charlotte, Asheville, etc are the same. You don't see a lot of yard dogs around here, thank god.

Thank you!

Can someone help clarify for me....The Parsons' live in Salisbury (or they did last week)...did they say they dropped Erica off at a Mooresville McDonald's or McDonalds near their home in Salisbury? I just want to make sure we are focusing on the right area because the two areas are approximately 30-45 minutes apart depending on traffic. (Mooresville traffic is horrible but that is the quickest route to Asheville where "Nan" supposedly lives)

Mooresville is what CP claims.

On one of the many business links for their dogs, CP also stated the dogs live inside and are a huge part of their family. Even goes on to mention that it takes 6 hours each Friday to completely clean the hedgehogs cage, and give the dogs a bath! Now, from the photos earlier from a neighbor at their prior house, the dogs did indeed live outside. From that, IMO, the dogs are use to living outside and as long as they have clean water and food, and a place out of the direct sunlight, they dogs would be fine. Isn't ideal in my viewpoint, but it is what it is.

Hmm, if Sandy is going to stay and she moved out, maybe he woke up and smelled the coffee. The fact that he even talked to and apologized to the media guys outside the house says a lot.

I don't think she'd ever admit she was wrong, and, in my opinion, in her dying monotone breath will be the words, "She's with Nan."

Agreed though, that was a pretty big U-haul van for moving just one persons stuff but then again, maybe she claimed all that furniture and appliances were hers.

Probably took the coffee pot, so SP cant' even smell the coffee. :floorlaugh:

I really don't think any of you need to worry about the dogs. They look fine as long as they have water, food and shelter. I don't believe they abandoned them. I think they probably treated their personal dogs better than Erica! After all CP talked about them in her posting about Meet My Family while she excluded Erica!

I feel like they probably weren't allowed to take the dogs where they moved (Many places in NC don't allow dogs to live inside dwellings). They probably have someone feeding and watering them. If they don't, the Humane Society will step in.

I don't know where most of you live. In NC and in most of the South, dogs don't live inside the house. To be healthy and happy, they just need a safe shelter outside, food, exercise, love, vet care, grooming and water. Almost no one I know keeps their dogs inside unless it is a small lap dog. Most rental dwellings won't even allow it.

The dogs that were shown in the backyard were not big dogs. I live in the south and most people keep their dogs inside around here. With the exception of letting them out to do their business, of course. Smaller dogs are at risk in extreme heat, even with water. My dogs are
inside dogs, but they still have a water bowl outside. It has to be washed and rinsed
everyday because in this heat the bowl gets slimy. Imo these people don't care about anyone or anything except themselves!

The dogs that were shown in the backyard were not big dogs. I live in the south and most people keep their dogs inside around here. With the exception of letting them out to do their business, of course. Smaller dogs are at risk in extreme heat, even with water. My dogs are
inside dogs, but they still have a water bowl outside. It has to be washed and rinsed
everyday because in this heat the bowl gets slimy. Imo these people don't care about anyone or anything except themselves!

Humans had no air conditioned houses when I was a kid. People still had lots of dogs and putting them in the house didn't help their condition.

Much of the population doesn't have air conditioning now!

Many people can't have animals living inside because of allergies and/or one of the family members has asthma.

We have had dogs, cats and horses. They all lived outside and were happy and healthy. Most of them are made for it as long as you provide a pleasant area for them. Just my humble opinion and experiences.

You may be right that the Parsonses don't care much about their dogs. IDK; but, CP surely talked more fondly about them than Erica. Sad and sickening.

I transcribed Part 1 of the Dr. Phil Show and have it uploaded here at this link and thought I would share with you guys:

http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-20-DrPhil-Sandy-CaseyParsonsPt-1.pdf
(File size is 249kb 20 pages)

The .pdf file is not protected so you can copy and paste any section(s) of the text for discussion here if you like. These were transcribed from the YouTube videos 1 thru 12 made available by a poster here on Websleuths (sorry can't recall who posted it here but it's from youtube channel "poizyn1") and the transcript is marked accordingly separated by those videos.

I'm working on Part 2 and hopefully will be done this weekend. Part 2 has the section where they're talking about Erica not taking her suitcase, but just her new black boots and purse, since "Nan" apparently bought her all new clothes.

ACR

I transcribed Part 1 of the Dr. Phil Show and have it uploaded here at this link and thought I would share with you guys:

http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-20-DrPhil-Sandy-CaseyParsonsPt-1.pdf

The .pdf file is not protected so you can copy and paste any section(s) of the text for discussion here if you like. These were transcribed from the YouTube videos 1 thru 12 made available by a poster here on Websleuths (sorry can't recall who posted it here but it's from youtube channel "poizyn1") and the transcript is marked accordingly separated by those videos.

I'm working on Part 2 and hopefully will be done this weekend. Part 2 has the section where they're talking about Erica not taking her suitcase, but just her new black boots and purse, since "Nan" apparently bought her all new clothes.

ACR

You are so awesome! Thank you!

Humans had no air conditioned houses when I was a kid. People still had lots of dogs and putting them in the house didn't help their condition.

Much of the population doesn't have air conditioning now!

Many people can't have animals living inside because of allergies and/or one of the family members has asthma.

We have had dogs, cats and horses. They all lived outside and were happy and healthy. Most of them are made for it as long as you provide a pleasant area for them. Just my humble opinion and experiences.

You may be right that the Parsonses don't care much about their dogs. IDK; but, CP surely talked more fondly about them than Erica. Sad and sickening.

I don't disagree with you about outside dogs. I posted a link to Brother Wolf for those that worry about the dogs. They just can't up and take them, they might help if they were abandon and have a great reputation here in the East NC area.

I also have two inside dogs here in NC being cared for. One is a beagle with cancer and her health is failing but shes brought years of joy to a loved one. Dog two is a 3 legged dachshund that was rescued and we've taken over the care of for aging parents. We also live in a condo and rules state we can't have a tethered dog. I think the city has a law that you can't tether a dog without being there to supervise. Just saying but I haven't heard of any reason the dogs in question should be rescued.

Not trying to be rude here, but could we stay focused on Erica. I was just as upset about the animals being left behind as everyone else was. Its just very frustrating to see new posts and they are all about the dogs and various laws about dogs.

Honestly with the dynamic I've seen I would totally believe CP going and taking everything while SP stays if not for the fact that she's going to live with family. Family that has appliances I'm pretty sure. I can't begin to try to wrap my mind around taking a stove to a house with a stove and leaving your husband in a house without one. Something's obvifishy. I so wish it were true though. Them being separate is a whole new barrel of hope for info on Erica.

I don't disagree with you about outside dogs. I posted a link to Brother Wolf for those that worry about the dogs. They just can't up and take them, they might help if they were abandon and have a great reputation here in the East NC area.

I also have two inside dogs here in NC being cared for. One is a beagle with cancer and her health is failing but shes brought years of joy to a loved one. Dog two is a 3 legged dachshund that was rescued and we've taken over the care of for aging parents. We also live in a condo and rules state we can't have a tethered dog. I think the city has a law that you can't tether a dog without being there to supervise. Just saying but I haven't heard of any reason the dogs in question should be rescued.

Yes, I knew you were giving that info and bless you for your compassion toward your two pets! Also, my best to you for strength in caring for your aging parents (I have been there with both in the hospital at Christmas near death).

I agree with you that I haven't heard of any reason that the dogs in question needed to be rescued, although CP's previous puppy mill residents may have been a different story.

I don't think Brother Wolf is active around here. There are other rescue groups around here and they are overwhelmed. The Humane Society is the main group. My daughter now has two rescued Labs and thankfully found a home for her blind horse through one of the groups where she wouldn't have to cross so many hills. She also found a good home for that horse's yearling near Asheville where Erica is supposed to be riding horses. I just wish Erica were there.:sigh:

Why did he wait to report anything until a month after he was kicked out? Why did his information about Erica being in the backyard end up being false?

Well lets see, it probably took him a month to report it because he finally realized how normal people lived and realized CP could not threaten him in any way. I'm sure he's learned most about what he knows about life from her.

As far as Erica being in the backyard? Unless he participated in what happened to her he only knows what he was told or overheard. There's been time to move her if that's the case. But then again as much as CP lies I'm sure she's told a few to James in the past.

It all boils down to this and this alone, Where is Erica?
Fact...The people who were her legally adoptive family guardians cannot produce or account for this child that was in their care. There is no doubt she was beat by CP as evidenced by her being left with a relative for 8 mos. I've been here far too long to think a tiger can change it's stripes.

I don't care what questions a defense attorney might try to muddle the case with, a precious child is missing and may be dead. Ultimately the persons responsible for her care are accountable and need to be held accountable!

Honestly with the dynamic I've seen I would totally believe CP going and taking everything while SP stays if not for the fact that she's going to live with family. Family that has appliances I'm pretty sure. I can't begin to try to wrap my mind around taking a stove to a house with a stove and leaving your husband in a house without one. Something's obvifishy. I so wish it were true though. Them being separate is a whole new barrel of hope for info on Erica.

This is what I was trying to figure out too. Where did BP end up staying I wonder? I don't think I remember seeing how old she is. Is she still school age?

Everything Ive read about the brother I would highly suspect him if it werent for the story that CP is telling Its just too zanny and the imaginary friends for me.

This is what I was trying to figure out too. Where did BP end up staying I wonder? I don't think I remember seeing how old she is. Is she still school age?

I'm going off overly exhausted brainpower here so my memory might fail me but I'm pretty sure she would be around 17. She was 16 when she went missing and the police report was done, and that was last year. That would make her around 17.

Everything Ive read about the brother I would highly suspect him if it werent for the story that CP is telling Its just too zanny and the imaginary friends for me.

My take on him has always been that he is a young man with a behavioral disorder of some sort. I think his environment worsened those problems a lot, and if he had a more 'normal' upbringing he would be fine. That's not to say one way or the other what he is capable of. I choose not to take anything he physically did against his abusive mother into account as there's no way to know how extreme the circumstances were. All just imho.

Didn't SP recently say that his oldest daughter is married? I thought I caught it in a short interview when SP was casually talking about his children and his pride in them. It kind of shocked me. I knew the oldest son was married.

Did anyone meet Nan besides CP?

On Dr. Phil, she said that on previous trips to stay with Nan, Erica came back and talked to her siblings about the trips. Has that ever been verified? Have the siblings been questioned? If she had previously gone off for weekends, there should be some account of where she went. imo, there were no previous weekends, but that's me. I really want to find out what the siblings say.

SP said he drove to McDonalds once, but parked looking away from Nans car and never looked back. (Dr. Phil again) He also seems intimidated by his wife.

Based on the lie-detector test, I think all of the trips were imaginary, part of the grandma alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme