NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also would like to add that it is not that uncommon in southern grammar to use the word "was" instead of "were". I'm not that area but Casey Parsons is not the only person that I have ever heard speak like that. In fact, here's some resources regarding southern grammar with some good examples.

http://www.languageintheclassroom.org/southerngrammar

Southern American English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Use of was in place of were, or other words regularizing the past tense of be to was.[citation needed]
You was sittin' on that chair.

Ok -- I apologize as I really only started looking at this case in Thread #3 and did not see these particular links.

So what are the possibilities left excluding "Nanimal" (that's the name I like). I suggest a list be compiled an we look at the feasibility of each entry. I will start the list with an idea that I have not heard mentioned:

1. Erica died of natural, accidental, or negligent (not necessarily criminal) causes and her parents conspired to dispose of her remains in order to keep receiving monetary benefits they would have otherwise lost if she was reported deceased.​

2. Erica was sold.

5. Hiding out (pregnant, scared or with a boyfriend).

Also would like to add that it is not that uncommon in southern grammar to use the word "was" instead of "were". I'm not that area but Casey Parsons is not the only person that I have ever heard speak like that. In fact, here's some resources regarding southern grammar with some good examples.

Use of was in place of were, or other words regularizing the past tense of be to was.[citation needed]

Ha, maybe I should include this link on my website for "southern lingo" !!

Side Note: Back in 1997 there were massive heated debates on the discussion forums whether the author of the JonBenet Ramsey ransom note was written by somebody from the "South" for the same reasons referenced here on Southern grammar.

I'm a Yankee from Ohio but I have family in Louisiana in Cajun country, and I often have trouble understanding them, both verbal and the written word !!

:seeya:

The question at hand here was whether or not MSM or LE considers "Nan" to be a real person. I think it's safe to say that "Irene/Nan Goodman", the person Casey Parsons claimed to be Billy Goodman's bio mother, does not exist.

Maybe that is YOUR question ... but it is not MY question.
As I previously stated life is not simple ... it is complex.

In reality, if some person wanted to abscond with any child by fraudulent means,
the chances that they will use their real name are NONE.

So the fact that LE cannot find a real person named "Irene GOODMAN" is not a surprise to me at all.

What I have been saying is that a good investigator has to look for criminals who impersonated the bio grandmother. Experienced LE personnel are certainly familiar with "sting operations"
& are aware that fake names is their common tool.

So it is deceptive by omission for LE to tell the public that "Nan" does not exist.

If LE were to say something like "NO person purporting to be the bio grandmother existed"
only then can the public can imply that LE believe "Nan" is a figment of someone' imagination.

I think LE is using deceptive statements, so the public can be fooled into applying negative social pressure onto the PARSONS family ... with LE hoping THAT will cause the PARSONS to crack & admit some crime.

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I think we need to be careful as I don't think that anyone should generalize Southerners or "Southern Speak". These sites might make people from outside the region believe it is a general truth that most Southerners speak as the Parsonses speak. It can become a bit offensive! JMHO

I hate it when they usually pick the most uneducated hillbillies in a crowd to speak on camera. No one among my family members or friends speaks that way. I think it may be because the "smart people" usually keep their opinions and faces off camera.

People who speak as the Parsonses speak or think as they do make those of us who have been truly educated in the South cringe as much or maybe more than it does those of you not from the South. The fact that Casey Parsons is supposed to have home schooled any children is another crime to me!

Yes, Southerners vary in their dialects, their command of correct grammar and in their thinking just like other people all over the USA. Dialects or "slow speak" doesn't mean someone is stupid or ignorant.

As I have grown in my profession, I have been in contact with many people from different places in the USA. I had to learn to understand those different "accents", even within my own county. I will admit that I have had to change my dialect when I am in different groups, even in the same city. Please just don't generalize.

Educated people in the South do not speak as Casey Parsons speaks. It is not a common southern characteristic. She is more difficult to understand because of her constant double negatives and her "making up as she goes along" lies and switch ups. JMHO

I think we need to be careful as I don't think that anyone should generalize Southerners or "Southern Speak". These sites might make people from outside the region believe it is a general truth that most Southerners speak as the Parsonses speak. It can become a bit offensive! JMHO

I hate it when they usually pick the most uneducated hillbillies in a crowd to speak on camera. No one among my family members or friends speak that way. I think it may be because the "smart people" usually keep their opinions and faces off camera.

People who speak as the Parsonses speak or think as they do make those of us who have been truly educated in the South cringe as much or maybe more than it does those of you not from the South. The fact that Casey Parsons is supposed to have home schooled any children is another crime to me!

Yes, Southerners vary in their dialects, their command of correct grammar and in their thinking just like other people all over the USA. Dialects or "slow speak" doesn't mean someone is stupid or ignorant.

As I have grown in my profession, I have been in contact with many people from different places in the USA. I had to learn to understand those different "accents", even within my own county. I will admit that I have had to change my dialect when I am in different groups, even in the same city. Please just don't generalize.

Educated people in the South do not speak as Casey Parsons speaks. It is not a common southern characteristic. She is more difficult to understand because of her constant double negatives and her "making up as she goes along" lies and switch ups. JMHO

My intention was not to offend anyone so my apology if I did but was just simply trying to point out that just because someone uses that type of grammar does not mean they are Casey Parsons. I agree, she takes it way over the top and comes across as very uneducated but that doesn't mean every one who speaks with some "southern grammar" is. That is why I posted some resources on how some, but not all, people in that area use different wording at times, that may come across that way. I have some friends and family in Louisiana and South Carolina and have heard them use the word 'was' instead of 'were' and they are by no means stupid.

Sorry to get off topic, just would hate to see someone get accused of being Casey Parsons if they were to be from that area and by chance come here and post and talk like that.

Educated people in the South do not speak as Casey Parsons speaks.

While many on here have been inferring that Casey is some kind of criminal mastermind
intricately weaving sophisticated plots with accomplished lies ... I have repeatedly said
that she was an uneducated stay-at-home mom with no extensive creiminal background
& experience ... but someone who is willing to try shady schemes to make money.

I haven't followed this case, so won't ask questions. Wow! This one is complex and if LE resolves it mega kudos! One thing I think criminals are not counting on is the accumulated knowledge/expertise of LE over the years. They aren't complacent any more when a child disappears and they aren't going to make an arrest without rock solid case. In some other case a LE agent stated that they can not operate on emotion or act on gut feelings. It sounds to me like this LE group is on it. I am hoping for justice for Erica. So hard to wait it out.

I had an odd thought - bear with me on this one. . .

The Parsonses were on a surrogate site, "renting" a womb for childless couples or those looking to expand their families. It has been said that Casey was "bidding" the embryo/fetus of a couple who had contracted her services. They were accused of looking for the highest bidder.

What if one of those couples conspired to "get even" with Casey for having taken money from them, but not sealing the deal by handing over the baby? Sleuthing could come up with the information that she said "Nan" came up with. What if one of those people posed as "Nan" to get her child from her?

Valid theory? Maybe Erica is with a person who posed as her Grandmother.

(Playing Devil's Advocate, as I really do feel that Casey is responsible for Erica's disappearance. Sadly, I do think she is probably dead. This theory would provide for why someone would not come forward with Erica however).

What say you?

I hate it when they usually pick the most uneducated hillbillies in a crowd to speak on camera. No one among my family members or friends speaks that way. I think it may be because the "smart people" usually keep their opinions and faces off camera.

Thank you! My former husband is from "up North" and their lingo perplexed me. It isn't just Southerners that have a patent on run-on sentences and poor grammar. I think this is OT, but I had to defend some of us south of the Mason-Dixon line.

While many on here have been inferring that Casey is some kind of criminal mastermind
intricately weaving sophisticated plots with accomplished lies ... I have repeatedly said
that she was an uneducated stay-at-home mom with no extensive creiminal background
& experience ... but someone who is willing to try shady schemes to make money.

While many of us marvel at Casey's ability to riff her way through an impromptu lie, it's a far cry from thinking or inferring/suggesting that she is a criminal mastermind. I would be shocked if anyone here really thinks that. If she was a criminal mastermind, I don't think it would be nearly so obvious she is lying. (I don't think this is a debate that is actually occurring, but maybe I missed it. JMO)

Can I ask about quotes from MSM sites ?
The quote which prompted this message was NOT from any of the named sites.
It was a quote that was on an MSM site which belongs to Channel#3 WBTV in North Carolina ... specifically ...

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23486755/biological-mom-of-missing-teen-demands-answers-plans-rally

I think Bessie posted that because someone had (with good intentions I'm sure) done a direct copy and paste from a Facebook comment on an MSM article. The fact that they are attached to the article doesn't make them paste-able.

(Apologies if I have misunderstood you or Bessie or both.)

Besides Erica being missing, what examples of FACT are we referring to and not a story told by main suspect 1 and 2?

I'll start...McDonalds is a real place to eat, there are locations in NC, and they do indeed have parking lots.

I think Bessie posted that because someone had (with good intentions I'm sure) done a direct copy and paste from a Facebook comment on an MSM article. The fact that they are attached to the article doesn't make them paste-able.
(Apologies if I have misunderstood you or Bessie or both.)

Didn't someone give a link to an MSM article ?
I am NOT a Facebook user, so I don't know the ins & outs of that social site.

To the point of the re-homing theory. From the articles I read, none of the original adopting parents seemed to be committing any law violations, so why would SP keep it a secret? Why risk being charged with a crime if what they did has no consequences? I don't believe they are worried about trouble with the checks at this point.

I am aware we have talked about the specific language Jamie P. used with law enforcement when he made the original accusation. I'm also aware there is little to no information from LE in MSM at this point. I'm just curious where LE went after the 'buried in the backyard' statement seems not to have panned out? Seemingly, LE could charge him with false report to LEO. Curious of what Jamie's response to why the affidavit needed that tidbit of info and not just that his sister is missing. Just typing my thoughts at this point on pg. 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme