NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is stopping CP from sitting down with her attorney present to provide sketches of these people.

Of course CP is entitled to have an attorney present during questioning, but how many questions would she answer against the advice of her attorney? While it is within a citizens right to hire an attorney most people wonder why the need if there is nothing to hide. Can't help public opinion.

Maybe she will answer ALL the questions posed to her ???
We won't know until LE calls her in for another meeting.
Why does LE refuse to call her in again with her lawyer ?

That's why LE is manipulating public opinion against her.
I myself STILL prefer facts & not the emotion of the public when saying someone is guilty !

Nothing is stopping CP from sitting down with her attorney present to provide sketches of these people.

The presence of the sketch artist is needed.
Casey has NO legal right to call a meeting with a police sketch artist who is an employee of LE. And I have previously stated that in my opinion is that her lawyer is not well versed in such high profile cases. But you have made an excellent suggestion & wish someone would suggest it to thier lawyer!

The presence of the sketch artist is needed.
Casey has NO legal right to call a meeting with a police sketch artist who is an employee of LE. And I have previously stated that in my opinion is that her lawyer is not well versed in such high profile cases. But you have made an excellent suggestion & wish someone would suggest it to thier lawyer!

Ahh, but the point is that the adoptive couple are supposed to still be in communication with the FBI. Therefore, in the spirit of cooperation and for ascertaining Erica's whereabouts, legally or not CP could surely ask through her attorney for a sit-down with one of the FBI's sketch artists.
Actually, we don't know whether CP has ever been asked to provide a sketch anyway.
We, the public, without any concrete facts, other than that Erica is not where CP said she is, are left to look for Erica without a clue where she may be.

Ahh, but the point is that the adoptive couple are supposed to still be in communication with the FBI.

We don't know for sure if they still are in contact with the FBI today.
But if so, then I think the lawyer should first make a sketch request through the FBI.

I have thought some more about your suggestion & one problem I see is dissemination of the sketch. Normally LE distributes a sketch through it's official channels ... the lawyer couldn't do that.
He could ask for a press release & hopefully local media would publish the sketches, which although not reaching LE personnel, any sketches would at least allow the public to offer any sign of recognition. If nobody recognizes the sketches then it is another nail in Casey's coffin ... er ... story.

One problem might be what if LE requests media NOT to distribute unauthorized sketches ???

Another problem might be Casey has to have the money & desire to pay for the sketch artist.

We don't know for sure if they still are in contact with the FBI today.
But if so, then I think the lawyer should first make a sketch request through the FBI.

I have thought some more about your suggestion & one problem I see is dissemination of the sketch. Normally LE distributes a sketch through it's official channels ... the lawyer couldn't do that.
He could ask for a press release & hopefully local media would publish the sketches, which although not reaching LE personnel, any sketches would at least allow the public to offer any sign of recognition. If nobody recognizes the sketches then it is another nail in Casey's coffin ... er ... story.

One problem might be what if LE requests media NOT to distribute unauthorized sketches ???

Another problem might be Casey has to have the money & desire to pay for the sketch artist.

If CP went through the FBI to obtain sketches, you can bet your bottom dollar the press would be all over it. The press and LE have kept Erica's case publicized, while I haven't seen anything, publicly or online, the adoptive parents have done to try to find Erica, other than the Dr. Phil interview and the local TV interview.
As for me, I just don't see a good outcome for Erica. I want to know where she is; is she dead or alive? Is she being subjected to abuse?

it's rather difficult to do a viable sketch of invisible people, that are a product of one's imagination...
imho

CP stated that LE didn't want to talk to her since she hired an attorney...who knows if that is true. I personally have only heard her say that on dr Phil. Did I miss someone else confirm that? LE also may have asked for sketches, showed her pictures, etc. we don't know that either.

it's rather difficult to do a viable sketch of invisible people, that are a product of one's imagination...
imho

Casey says she met them, so it should be the same procedure as with any other sketch.

If LE don't check on this avenue, then when THIS Casey goes to trial,
she will do a repeat of the OTHER Casey & not spend years in jail.
If Casey is guilty of killing Erica, then I think LE has to do everything
that is necessary to ensure that she stays in jail.
And that means either prove or disprove her story.
So far LE has not come forth with any evidence that Casey's story is not true.
The fact that grandmother Cloie GOODMAN is dead does not prove
that another old lady has not pretended to be "Irene GOODMAN".
For trial purposes we need proof to put Casey in jail
... public opinion matters not in a court of law.

Don't forget that the Parsonses did have an meeting set up with local LE that did not happen, and they were frustrated by that.

http://salisbury.wbtv.com/news/news...talk-investigators-about-ericas-disappearance

After leaving DSS, Casey and Sandy Parsons drove to Sherrill's office. After meeting with Sherrill briefly, all three came out of the office and walked across the street to the back entrance of the Rowan County Courthouse.

"Nothing really materialized, we hoped that we could cooperate with some folks and give them some information but nothing ever materialized," Sherrill added. The attorney said that Sandy and Casey Parsons had intended to meet with investigators from the Rowan Sheriff's Office, but that the meeting didn't take place. "That's what we thought but things just didn't work out. The timing for everybody was just off," said Sherrill.

Sherrill came back alone to speak with WBTV and the Salisbury Post. Minutes later Sandy Parsons walked back to get the van and go pick up Casey.
<modsnip>

I don't think CP will be going to trial for Erica's disappearance in the near future, unless someone who know where she is comes forward. There's no telling how long it will take for LE to get the results back from the items seized in the search warrants and to analyze all of the information from the electronic devices.

Since Mr. Sherrill says his clients are frustrated, especially about the help they are trying to give to find Erica, why doesn't he arrange another TV interview for his clients so the public can try to help?

perhaps CP can find a bootleg copy of FACES 4.0 and print out some sketches

yes Scmom- it would be nice to see CP again on camera...and see if there are any new twists to the tale she may have forgotten and would like to share, now that she has had time to contemplate the situation she has found herself in. One would certainly hope that their 'national' attempt on Dr P wasn't their only idea of 'getting the word out'

Since Mr. Sherrill says his clients are frustrated, especially about the help they are trying to give to find Erica, why doesn't he arrange another TV interview for his clients so the public can try to help?

Probably because they have no NEW info to share &
no lawyer should expose their client to negative attacks from the public.

And by the way, neither Casey nor SHERRILL asked for the first tv interview.
It was mentioned in the 6 part videos that I posted links to earlier.that it was Dr. Phil's
team that phoned the PARSONS & asked them to do an appearance on his show.

I keep reading that getting a sketch artist is this
persons job or this persons responsibility. Parents who worry about being duped and having a child in their care kidnapped don't worry about procedure or job detail. They make a pest of themselves to get their unbelievably valuable information to LE and the public. Kinda like the excuse to go on the dr. Phil show in the first place. This case seems like the Jon benet case in that the parents portray the idea that they are helping LE, when in reality they are not and LE is holding back and waiting for a smoking gun. We have no information because the only person with any possible information is not divulging or not thorough enough in their story to get any detail whatsoever. This isn't LE fault or the attorney's fault. It all falls on SP and CP.

Trying desperately to get the two youngest children who are in the custody of FAMILY that is KNOWN to the PARSONES, but yet Erica...well no concern to get her back, or even reporting that she was gone! I still just can't believe ANYONE would think it was OK that a child LIVE with someone you've met 3 times, and don't know an address for, and when the phone stays not accepting calls ASSUME that means the phone was cut off for non payment, which would indicate either someone had died, lost their memory to pay bills, or lost all their money and couldn't pay the bill, but still no concern that Erica might need money for food, clothing, etc. Makes absolutely NO sense at all!!!

Probably because they have no NEW info to share &
no lawyer should expose their client to negative attacks from the public.

And by the way, neither Casey nor SHERRILL asked for the first tv interview.
It was mentioned in the 6 part videos that I posted links to earlier.that it was Dr. Phil's
team that phoned the PARSONS & asked them to do an appearance on his show.

Typically the lawyer would CALL and ARRANGE a meeting with LE if their client wanted to talk to LE. Just walking into a courthouse and assuming the LE contact was present and not busy and could just talk right then and there isn't very professional, IMHO.

Soooo why doesn't that lawyer just call LE and make that appointment???

Because it wouldn't make news then. Couldn't complain about how frustrated his clients are...blah.. blah... blah... :banghead:

The Parsonses would benefit from separate lawyers, IMO!

:facepalm:

The above is sketches I was able to make for Casey to use in court.
Hope it helps! MOO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member