NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious about that drug testing, too, scmom! I was wondering the same thing - illegal or prescription abuse. Or both.

I'm delighted!!

We've heard that expression, "Give them enough rope to hang themselves."

In my opinion, THAT is exactly what I think this is.

1 - LE has another 90 days to work on their investigation, hopefully get test results back, plus as far as I know the Grand Jury is still in session. So the Parsons are still not home free.

2 - Casey and Sandy Parsons have 90 days to either produce and prove that Erica is alive and well, and/or provide information as to her whereabouts.

3 - So in 90 days, depending on what new "Nan" story the Parsons come up with, all of that will be "documented as part of their swearing under oath testimony in a legal court of law proceeding."

In my opinion, basically the judge has them at checkmate. And because the judge said, "without sparking any criminal charges," then the Parsons have a major decision to make ASAP sometime BEFORE the 90 days. The Grand Jury could come back with in indictment any day and thus criminal charges would then be involved and the judge said without sparking criminal charges. So even though the judge gave them 90 days, that means nothing "IF" they really want the two younger children back.

So the big question is, will the Parsons remain zipper lipped or invent a new "Nan" story, and then forfeit ever having any custody or seeing their two younger children again? Either way, they could still be charged down the road by LE in Erica's disappearance.

ACR

Excellent! Doubt anyone expects to see them huddled in one last brainstorming session any time soon.. Casey snapping her fingers in "silly me" clarity and saying, "You know, come to think of it..."

Sure looks like a checkmate to me. Perhaps Casey doesn't understand chess all that well? You're not supposed to try to lose all of your pieces.. aka children.

So now I guess we just wait for investigators to keep doing their thing? How easily attainable are warrants at this point? I know you guys had pointed out some former addresses that haven't been searched yet, IIRC. And another speculative question.. let's say they confess within 90 days to something that, if reported immediately, may have been manslaughter/negligible homicide/etc (no malice/premeditation).. Could the perjury, fraud, abuse, and other charges much make the sentence comparable to that of a murder conviction? I think the only thing they have left to do besides that in terms of admitting the possibility of her endangerment would be to say she ran away from Nan's or fell to an unknown fate at Nan's hands. And I don't know if they'd accept that as their final answer until Erica has been found. What a frustrating limbo for Erica and her mom!

I have a feeling that the checkmate is that whatever stories C&S come up with are all going to go directly to the grand jury as evidence for homicide indictments.

The gig is up. The indictments are coming.

It's still very sad to me though. There's no satisfaction in it. Because whatever happened to Erica, just shouldn't have happened. There is no justice for her. Just sadness.

JMO

Diane Downs, the woman who shot her own kids, kept changing her story. She's the one Casey reminds me of the most (DD also thought of children as things, not people, and she did some fraudulent surrogacy). I keep trying to figure out if Casey will come up with another new story, and if so, what it will be. She stopped talking to the media after the stupid "find the real killers" trip to New Orleans, right?

I feel like the one storyline that she hasn't hit yet, that is common to people like Downs or Arias, is the "I couldn't tell the truth because I was in fear for my life" angle. Directing blame to Carolyn didn't work; she may try for sympathy next.

I think she has tried for sympathy since day dot personally :( she's not getting any from here :/

ok, I need help. I don't totally understand the judge... tell what happened, without charges...? what? someone please explain this to me...
oh lord, never mind, I was too quick, let me go back and read. ws was acting weird, now I'm seeing more...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Surely it's about time for CP to give another interview with the local media giving more detail on how she and her husband won this last custody hearing.

Surely it's about time for CP to give another interview with the local media giving more detail on how she and her husband won this last custody hearing.

Ya, that works for me. I'm all ears about this victory.

Wondering what the investigators gleaned from the grand jury testimony...and hoping daily for Erica to be found.
Investigators from the Rowan County Sheriff's Office, the SBI, and the FBI are all still working on the case The most recent development in that area was the appearance of several members of the Parsons family being called to testify to a federal grand jury in Greensboro.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/24251145/...s-gone-from-the-headlines-but-not-a-cold-case

I had a dream that Erica was found last night. Hoping that comes true soon! Glad to see the judge putting the pressure on CP.

https://www.facebook.com/DavidWhisenantWbtv/posts/505398999581048

"Exactly 6 months after Erica Parsons was first reported missing, the Rowan Sheriff and FBI are planning to give an update and to announce a new reward. Details won't be released until early this afternoon, according to Sheriff Auten."

Also:

https://www.facebook.com/wsoctv?ref=stream

"JUST IN: The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office, the FBI, and the SBI will hold a news briefing Thursday at 2:30pm to announce an additional reward being offered in connection with the #EricaParsons case."

I've been waiting all day for the announcement. I thought News14 (Time Warner) was going to carry the announcement live but instead they have live coverage of a news conference with the governor and state transportation officials, etc., about the weather/road conditions. I hope at the RCSO/FBI/SBI news briefing that reporters will be allowed to ask questions and, if so, I hope they get some answers.

:waiting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member