NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Sherrill and Cameron link:
In late July, 2013, a family member made a false police report accusing the Parsons of causing Erica to disappear.
http://sherrillcameron.com/searching...erica-parsons/

What false police report; the child is missing! Just love the way words are twisted to try to benefit the adoptive parents. What a crock.

"Police have said that they are investigating the case as a homicide."
So stark and final... http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/additional-reward-be-announced-erica-parsons-case/nc7Cb/

can anyone explain how these people have not been arrested?? ive seen parents arrested for far less (for example, a woman was arrested this week in Maryland for going into a mall for over an hour and leaving her kids in a cold car).......how are they investigating a homicide when they don't have a body coupled with lies about when/where she disappeared yet there is no arrest of the people who created all of this. its confusing to me.

I am really at a loss as to how these 2 people are free? isn't there ANY charge they could come up with to lock them up and put some serious pressure on them??

ive kept up on this case............but............am I missing something??

I think...

1) Investigations are still ongoing.

2) They are hoping CP or SP will eventually either crack or do something dumb, especially now that...

3) They have been denied access to their other children, and I'm sure Erica's checks, until they can produce an unharmed Erica (this was done by a judge).

4) I hope, optimistically, that what LE is hoping for here is that they can eventually make a homicide charge stick, rather than going after the welfare fraud or child endangerment or other lesser charges. That their other kids were taken away tells me the law isn't done with them.

Snipped from article: The family is in talks with ABC’s 20/20 to create a special report on Erica Parsons.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/additional-reward-be-announced-erica-parsons-case/nc7Cb/

I'm curious about which part of the family is talking to 20/20. This should be interesting if it happens to be the adoptive parents since they haven't yet said anything that would help find Erica. Maybe more inconsistencies will come to light.

If they get paid, so help me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they get paid, so help me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When CP and SP did Dr Phil or whatever, I looked into it. It seems safe to assume (at least based on anecdotal info) that even if it's the kind of show that makes a big deal of NOT paying their interviewees, they may very well compensate them in other ways. ("Rights" to pictures of Erica, travel expenses, entree to other media contacts, etc.) I'm admittedly extremely cynical, but in a situation like this, or for example, Elaina Steinfurth, I usually assume that if a family member is doing the big media news shows it's because they will benefit in some way.*

(*Obviously I don't feel this way about parents of, for example, legitimately missing or kidnapped children, I mean the obviously hinky cases.)

Sick, sick, sick. False reports? That website mentions the appearance on Dr. Phil but NOT that they both failed the polygraphs administrated on behalf of Dr. Phil's show. While I agree that everyone deserves legal representation, the attorney and his law firm should not make these accusations on their website. That is tacky. C'mon...does anyone believe that Erica's 18 year old brother made the whole thing up?

I try to remain neutral until all the facts are in whenever possible but this case makes my blood boil. Where is Erica? If her "parents" can't answer that immediately, they're in big trouble in my opinion. :banghead:

When have they ever went looking for Erica.
Erica where are you hon?

can anyone explain how these people have not been arrested?? ive seen parents arrested for far less (for example, a woman was arrested this week in Maryland for going into a mall for over an hour and leaving her kids in a cold car).......how are they investigating a homicide when they don't have a body coupled with lies about when/where she disappeared yet there is no arrest of the people who created all of this. its confusing to me.

I am really at a loss as to how these 2 people are free? isn't there ANY charge they could come up with to lock them up and put some serious pressure on them??

ive kept up on this case............but............am I missing something??

From watching the announcement I have a theory to answer all of this.

In cases where they rule it a homicide before they have a body I've noticed that it eventually comes out it was because they knew who did it. Now knowing who did it and being able to prove it without reasonable doubt is significantly more difficult with no body.

In trial they are going to attempt to bring in a jury of people who havent kept up with the case in the same way that we have. People who won't know all the way Caseys story changes minute to minute, and how all of this really played out. They're just going to get the two sides of the story. Seems pretty easy case to figure out here, but with a body would be completely solid.

Not to mention LE always has the goal of finding the person so that they can be returned to the family that does love them and get a proper burial. Not just for evidence.

I think all of this comes down to LE wanting to find her. I think the reason they're still free is because LE is hoping they will go back to try to hide her better or SOMETHING.

If the investigation were really at a standstill I think the Parsons would of been locked up a long time ago.

From the site:

"If you have news about Erica, please contact Carlyle Sherrill, Sherrill & Cameron, PLLC, or the police."

Uh, no. Just contact the police.

From watching the announcement I have a theory to answer all of this.

In cases where they rule it a homicide before they have a body I've noticed that it eventually comes out it was because they knew who did it. Now knowing who did it and being able to prove it without reasonable doubt is significantly more difficult with no body.

In trial they are going to attempt to bring in a jury of people who havent kept up with the case in the same way that we have. People who won't know all the way Caseys story changes minute to minute, and how all of this really played out. They're just going to get the two sides of the story. Seems pretty easy case to figure out here, but with a body would be completely solid.

Not to mention LE always has the goal of finding the person so that they can be returned to the family that does love them and get a proper burial. Not just for evidence.

I think all of this comes down to LE wanting to find her. I think the reason they're still free is because LE is hoping they will go back to try to hide her better or SOMETHING.

If the investigation were really at a standstill I think the Parsons would of been locked up a long time ago.

I agree with your comments, Sin.

And without knowing what happened to Erica, what would they charge the Parsons with? Murder? Child trafficking? Yes, they could go after them for child abuse, neglect, etc., but why pursue those "lesser" charges (and I don't mean to imply those are not significant, serious charges) when they could charge them with more serious crimes if they can determine what happened to her? And throw in those "lesser" charges all at once, so they are all prosecuted at the same time.

I am not a lawyer, but I also think the other reason they haven't pressed charges yet is because once they do, the clock starts ticking. The people charged are entitled to a speedy trial, unless they waive that right. If they don't waive it, LE and prosecutors have a limited time in which to take it to trial. I think they want all their ducks in a row before they start that clock ticking, so once they proceed, they are more than ready. IMO, they are holding out until they have a solid case against them to ensure the charges stick, and stick for good.

Wow. That caught my eye. Thanks for pointing that out, Considering (about contacting your local American embassy or consulate).

I looked at a number of the missing persons posters on the FBI's site (http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap), and they all say the same thing, so I don't think it's any indication as to where they think Erica is.

OK. I understand that in the US all of us are entitled to a good defense. My question is this: Why do defense attorneys jump into the fray of a case like this (and many others) with no pay, public opinion against them and evidence against their client/s? It seems like career suicide to me besides the fact that Erica has vanished and the so-called adoptive parents don't care a thing in the world about her. I can't comprehend.

OK. I understand that in the US all of us are entitled to a good defense. My question is this: Why do defense attorneys jump into the fray of a case like this (and many others) with no pay, public opinion against them and evidence against their client/s? It seems like career suicide to me besides the fact that Erica has vanished and the so-called adoptive parents don't care a thing in the world about her. I can't comprehend.

I don't know. I'm usually not on board with hating on defense attorneys, but there's something about the way this one has been out in front and parroting Casey's stories, in front of cameras and online, every step of the way. If the lies were not so obvious and stupid, it would not be so offensive hearing a professional repeat them.

Remember when they were trying to make it all about Carolyn? At least we seem to be past that stage.

I don't get it, either. Especially since Sherrill said in the article below that if homicide charges are filed, he won't be able to represent them anymore.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-says-key-whole-case-ericas-biolog/nZnZH/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member