NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick, sick, sick. False reports? That website mentions the appearance on Dr. Phil but NOT that they both failed the polygraphs administrated on behalf of Dr. Phil's show. While I agree that everyone deserves legal representation, the attorney and his law firm should not make these accusations on their website. That is tacky. C'mon...does anyone believe that Erica's 18 year old brother made the whole thing up?

I try to remain neutral until all the facts are in whenever possible but this case makes my blood boil. Where is Erica? If her "parents" can't answer that immediately, they're in big trouble in my opinion. :banghead:

Actually, I believe that Sandy failed the polygraph, miserably, according to articles already posted. Casey said she'd take one, then backed out claiming she was in pain. As far as I know, she never took one.

Just hope they let something slip at some point and the money draws someone out.

:bump: for my gal

Feels like everyone in the LE has given up... I know they most likely haven't but it's been so long since anything new announced :(

I'm almost speechless, myself. He states everything as if they are all facts.

:banghead:

Interesting. That was my first thought too. And Erica's parents aren't being quoted as saying any of that stuff. Their attorney is just stating it as fact:

'In late July 2013 a family member made a false report accusing the Parsons of causing Erica to disappear.'

http://sherrillcameron.com/searching-15-year-old-erica-parsons/

So that family member is being accused outright in public, outside of a court room, of committing a crime - because it is a criminal offence to file a false report. How hurtful and damaging if that report is later proved to have been true.

It is obvious who the family member being referred to is as well, because it was widely reported in the media that it was the Parson's son who made the missing person's report.

I can't believe that LE will give up on finding Erica. They know the adoptive parents have lied and they are investigating the case as a homicide. I'm sure many of those working on Erica's case have their own children whom they love and probably, like many of us, have adopted Erica informally as one of their own.

http://sherrillcameron.com/searching-15-year-old-erica-parsons/

So that family member is being accused outright in public, outside of a court room, of committing a crime - because it is a criminal offence to file a false report. How hurtful and damaging if that report is later proved to have been true.

It is obvious who the family member being referred to is as well, because it was widely reported in the media that it was the Parson's son who made the missing person's report.
I have no word for these lawyers. The son did not file a false police report. The parents do not know where Erica is, no one has seen her in years, therefore she is missing. How is that report false???

Even if the police had found Erica safe at "Nans," I doubt that the son would have been charged with filing a false report because it was clearly reasonable for him to be worried about his sister's welfare.

Assuming you believe the story: At the very least, these parents have committed fraud because they cashed checks meant for Erica but did not use the money to provide for her care. (And they would also be incredibly stupid for believing Nan.) They are legally responsible for this child's welfare, which means they need to know where she is. The parents should have contacted LE as soon as they lost touch with "Nan."

Though, I believe fraud is the least of their crimes. I believe that what they did was much, much worse and Erica is likely deceased.

I hope the sons get his own lawyers who sue this firm for libel.

Can anyone supply a direct email address to contact either Rowan County Sheriff's Office or the FBI office Charlotte? I have tried the links on the FBI page but none of them work for me. I am overseas and would like to contact them regarding this case. I want to add I have no first hand knowledge of what has happened to Erica but have found something I would very much like to share with them.

Can anyone supply a direct email address to contact either Rowan County Sheriff's Office or the FBI office Charlotte? I have tried the links on the FBI page but none of them work for me. I am overseas and would like to contact them regarding this case. I want to add I have no first hand knowledge of what has happened to Erica but have found something I would very much like to share with them.

Email isn't the best way to contact either agency. But you could try http://www.rowancountync.gov/GOVERNMENT/Departments/SheriffsOffice/Contact.aspx ... a full list of employees at Rowan County SD. The sheriff's email addy is listed there as http://www.rowancountync.gov/default.aspx?TabId=704&ModuleId=1317&txtTo=Auten,Kevin%20&txtEmail=Kevin.Auten@rowancountync.gov. The Charlotte Field Ofc on Microsoft Way lists their email addy at http://www.fbi.gov/charlotte/contact-us/contact. Not posting the actual email addresses here out of uncertainty if that's allowed.
You might be better off calling (I know you're overseas, though) or reaching out to one of the local reporters who have been actively following the case.

Contact Charlotte
Charlotte division homepage thumbnail
7915 Microsoft Way
Charlotte, NC 28273
Phone: (704) 672-6100
Fax: (704) 672-6595
E-mail: Charlotte.public@ic.fbi.gov

Charlotte Leadership
Charlotte SAC John Strong
Special Agent in Charge
John A. Strong

Assistant Special Agents in Charge
- Roger A. Coe
- James E. Jewell
Chief Division Counsel
- Mark Rich

http://www.fbi.gov/charlotte/

I have emailed two of the detectives on the case late last night GMT time with no response yet. Thanks to everyone who responded. I really can't ring but hopefully they received my emails.
Where is Erica????
Praying for her!

I emailed the general Charlotte contact email to inform them that the link for online tips is not a functional link and asked that they repair it.

I agree with your comments, Sin.

And without knowing what happened to Erica, what would they charge the Parsons with? Murder? Child trafficking? Yes, they could go after them for child abuse, neglect, etc., but why pursue those "lesser" charges (and I don't mean to imply those are not significant, serious charges) when they could charge them with more serious crimes if they can determine what happened to her? And throw in those "lesser" charges all at once, so they are all prosecuted at the same time.

I am not a lawyer, but I also think the other reason they haven't pressed charges yet is because once they do, the clock starts ticking. The people charged are entitled to a speedy trial, unless they waive that right. If they don't waive it, LE and prosecutors have a limited time in which to take it to trial. I think they want all their ducks in a row before they start that clock ticking, so once they proceed, they are more than ready. IMO, they are holding out until they have a solid case against them to ensure the charges stick, and stick for good.

http://www.wach.com/news/story.aspx?id=798192#.UwUZ86JQGHY

I hope they can be charged with child neglect. Zinah Jennings got 10 years - that is a significant sentence and doesn't rule out the possibility of murder charges later.

Prosecutors also played audio from Jennings' lengthy interview with police after her arrest in late December. In it, the young mother cried as she said her son was safe but that she couldn't prove to authorities that he was alive.

"Prove to me your child is alive," police Sgt. Arthur Thomas says.

"I can't," Jennings replied.

Are these people all friends or something? Very familiar cases...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx