NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been a sketch of anyone (Nan, Strawberry) yet?

Maybe Casey and Sandy Parsons have been too busy in their tireless search for Erica to sit down with a sketch artist?

I mean, even if LE does not believe that Erica was handed off to some mysterious grandmotherly sort, and therefore has not bothered to ask the Parsons to sit down with a sketch artist, the Parson attorney could certainly arrange for such a sitting and if he believes their *advertiser censored* and bull story I cannot imagine why he has failed to do this.

The fact that he has not done so leads me to believe these people are simply too busy beating the bushes daily in search of their missing child to do so.

<Sarcasm alert>

Hey, I don't want to alarm everybody. But I'd like you guys to check out the FB profile for "Nan Goodwin Pennell" look in the public photos. I have a feeling that the girl in the pics is Erica.. Of course, anything from social media is considered rumor. But pictures are worth a thousand words..JMO

Hey, I don't want to alarm everybody. But I'd like you guys to check out the FB profile for "Nan Goodwin Pennell" look in the public photos. I have a feeling that the girl in the pics is Erica.. Of course, anything from social media is considered rumor. But pictures are worth a thousand words..JMO

Thanks for sharing! I just took a quick look....and I have to admit, the resemblance is almost uncanny in my opinion. I don't know if that's just wishful thinking on my part, though. :please:

Called it in spoke to a detective..can I post the pictures here if I link it from my photobucket?

Called it in spoke to a detective..can I post the pictures here if I link it from my photobucket?

Did the detective say anything or just take down the info? Glad you called it in, better safe than sorry.

I do see a resemblance in the photos, but there is one that has a different girls name on it that starts with a K. Unless they changed her name, I don't think this is Erica....MOO.

EDIT: Also there is a picture of the profile holder, and she is not an elderly lady, more like a woman in her mid to late 30's (sorry I am bad at guessing ages).

I do see a resemblance in the photos, but there is one that has a different girls name on it that starts with a K. Unless they changed her name, I don't think this is Erica....MOO.

EDIT: Also there is a picture of the profile holder, and she is not an elderly lady, more like a woman in her mid to late 30's (sorry I am bad at guessing ages).

I see what you mean. But I'd also see where "Nan" could be short for Nancy or a nickname. (she looks late forties early fifties to me) Also, if the woman isn't really biologically related she would change the name of the child to keep her identity hidden. But you'd think they'd move from the state if they knew that LE were looking for them. JMO.
Birth Certificates can be falsified.
If it's not her I'm sorry..the likeness is way too close to NOT say something to somebody. I had to look really close. But the nose, the brow spacing in comparison to the eye..I'm blow away at the likeness of this young girl compared to what ELP would look like today. JMHO

I see what you mean. But I'd also see where "Nan" could be short for Nancy or a nickname. (she looks late forties early fifties to me) Also, if the woman isn't really biologically related she would change the name of the child to keep her identity hidden. But you'd think they'd move from the state if they knew that LE were looking for them. JMO.
Birth Certificates can be falsified.
If it's not her I'm sorry..the likeness is way too close to NOT say something to somebody. I had to look really close. But the nose, the brow spacing in comparison to the eye..I'm blow away at the likeness of this young girl compared to what ELP would look like today. JMHO

She looks similar for sure, and I think it's worth investigating. However, the same woman has another picture from much much longer ago (I can tell because the boy is an infant in the picture compared to the others) with her in them.

ETA: ugh and I really wish it WAS Erica. I'm praying for a happy ending for this beautiful girl.

She looks similar for sure, and I think it's worth investigating. However, the same woman has another picture from much much longer ago (I can tell because the boy is an infant in the picture compared to the others) with her in them.

ETA: ugh and I really wish it WAS Erica. I'm praying for a happy ending for this beautiful girl.

You know, me too. I sit here and think of "if it was her" what would happen? She can't technically "go home" because of the Parsonses still being investigated..she wouldn't go to her bio Mom who's practically a stranger..she can't go to the home she lives at now, because it's technically kidnapping. Would it be taking her out of the stability she's "known" for all this time and throwing her out into the system?
I'm glad if it was her; because we'd know she was "alive and well" I love seeing the headlines "found safe". But what lies ahead? Years of therapy, un-doing brainwashing, will she ever be "OK" after this? Idk. I'm praying for everything to be ok.
And in the situation "if it isn't her" then that'd be ok too..because at least I tried.

Did the detective say anything or just take down the info? Glad you called it in, better safe than sorry.

I agree with ljzec, I see a resemblance to Erica's bio mother so I see what has you wondering and I am glad you called in the tip jenstar, but I tend to think that this young lady is not Erica and the name is of a woman who is unfortunate enough to share one similar to invisinan's alleged name.

I remain pretty convinced that Erica is no longer living and we need look no further than her parents Sandy and Casey to know her location.

Hey, everything will work itself out.. I believe that for certain. If she in-fact is alive somewhere that could turn tables head-long into other subjects. Re: The brother's mental state, false allegations, ELPs bio-mom and her allegations. LE actually backing up (with ELPs testimony) the alleged abuse in the home.. The list goes on.. I'm just going to cross my fingers. JMO

Good find, Jenstar! I agree it's an eerie resemblance, down to the angle of the smile/chin, the eyes.. dang. I did find that girl's Facebook and it was made in Jan 2013 and doesn't have much activity. People also commented on a lot of N's photos complimenting the resemblance.. who knows?

I actually came to post something far less encouraging, and as always I err on the side of "most likely completely unrelated," but this is a literal straight shoot from Salisbury. You get on 85 for 3 something hours until the intersection in question. http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2014-02-25/human-remains-recovered-banks-county

Good find, Jenstar! I agree it's an eerie resemblance, down to the angle of the smile/chin, the eyes.. dang. I did find that girl's Facebook and it was made in Jan 2013 and doesn't have much activity. People also commented on a lot of N's photos complimenting the resemblance.. who knows?

I actually came to post something far less encouraging, and as always I err on the side of "most likely completely unrelated," but this is a literal straight shoot from Salisbury. You get on 85 for 3 something hours until the intersection in question. http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2014-02-25/human-remains-recovered-banks-county

Ugh. Thanks for the post.

The only reason I sent the tip in is not only is it a huge likeness, but "Nan", "NC" "Goodman sounds like Goodwin" and the fact this lady doesn't really have any other pics older than say.. a girl of 10-12 years old. I know that the one picture is "dated" but you'll also see where it says October 09', and there's a Christmas tree in the background. It reminds me of one of those digital cameras that you have to "program" to say the correct time/date.
That's just the info I've gotten off the FB page. The little boy is big for his age. This person has another profile (gosh I wish I'd have saved the site) Where she tells all about her "kids" and their ages. I don't want to say too much about minors so I'll say he's "under pre-k age".
Assuming that this isn't ELP, then this is a HUGE misunderstanding. (And I'm truly very sorry) I just don't know how many "coincidences" I could have ignored. Without saying something. I hope you guys can understand my POV. And we all can have our different opinions. That's totally fine..
My hope upon hope is finding her "safe". But in any other situation we all just want her found. thanks for reading. And, of course, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member