NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How do you do that? Abuse a child for years, directly with your own fist, or indirectly with your blind eye? How do you go about your job having tortured, humiliated, and isolated a child, or knowing that's what was happening in your own home? How do you cause a child's death, directly or indirectly, and go back to your job the next day? Or ever again? How do you get flown up to be on a TV show and affirm your innocence? How do you allow yourself to be put up in a fancy hotel, comment on the softness of the sheets? How do you communicate with your spouse after your fraud incarceration without sobbing at the sight of them, the memory of what you both did? How do you "get your stories straight?" How do you look your father, your biological children in the eye? How do you look yourself in the eye when you look in the mirror without smashing your head into it and praying you bleed out? Just.. HOW?

How is there even a single person alive on earth who's capable of being like this? And how many are still out there, waving to neighbors from their driveway?

I think something in me wanted to believe their innocence, because then this would feel like closure or justice. Now that it's actually set in I don't know how to feel. Possibly the only solace is how many people there are HERE who've been thinking of and trying to help Erica for all these years. Thank you all. <3

Thanks for the link! This is a good article for anyone trying to catch up on Erica's case. Be warned though, it's not pretty:

Rowan County child welfare authorities investigated allegations in 2004 that Erica was being abused. Casey Parsons told them that Erica had gone to live with one of her sisters. and the inquiry was apparently closed.

In March 2005, Erica returned to the Parsons home. She wasn’t enrolled in Rowan schools, but was to be home-schooled.
James Parsons, the Parsons’ oldest biological son, said he and other children in the family routinely abused the girl, often at their mother’s urging. He once broke her arm, he said.

“I would hit her, physically abuse her, fists, belts,” he said under oath.

He said he abused Erica from the time he was age 5 and stopped when he was 16.

“I didn't want to hit her no more,” he said. “I couldn’t stand it.”
Carpet and wall board from the closet were sent to the FBI laboratory, and traces of Erica's blood and other DNA – believed to be from saliva or urine – were detected, she said.

Five photos of Erica were also recovered from a computer in the home, she testified – all of Erica, on different days, standing in a corner.

On the last day of Erica's life Jamie said “She didn’t look too good, she looked like a zombie.” Casey told her to “to shut the [eff] up.”

What amazes me is how the kids in the home got involved in abusing Erica. This reminds me so much of Sylvia Likens.

Oh my, I thought Erica would never be found. I hope we now will see justice for the evil couple who tortured and murdered her. Rest in peace, Erica.

Thanks for the link! This is a good article for anyone trying to catch up on Erica's case. Be warned though, it's not pretty:

On the last day of Erica's life Jamie said “She didn’t look too good, she looked like a zombie.” Casey told her to “to shut the [eff] up.”

What amazes me is how the kids in the home got involved in abusing Erica. This reminds me so much of Sylvia Likens.

MsMarple, Erica's case also reminded of Sylvia Likens. I bought An American Crime about one month ago, watched it for the first time too.
I had a very hard time watching it, but I watched it for Sylvia.

Poor Erica, all she wanted was to be loved and give love in return, just like the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

"Where is Erica?"

I hope other inmates ask Casey that question multiple times a day every single day that Casey spends in prison.

I hate the murderer.

I too think that Casey was the ruler of that household, but I don't excuse Sandy one bit for his involvement..How dare he cry NOW!! Just saw a clip of him from the Dr. Phil show and he was so glib in his lies. But for whatever the reason at least he did reveal where she was. I just hope he didn't get too good of a deal for it. I saw where the PI that had been working for the family said that they had planned a grid search of that very area and that they would have probably found her..He hoped that they didn't give him a deal when they could have found her without him...probably.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/pr...nd-strangers-knew-before-the-family/452244906

I bet Sandy found out that the area was going to be searched and decided he would "cash in" while he could...Don't believe for a minute that he did it out of the goodness of his heart...!!

On the last day of Erica's life Jamie said &#8220;She didn&#8217;t look too good, she looked like a zombie.&#8221; Casey told her to &#8220;to shut the [eff] up.&#8221;

It's not that surprising the other kids got involved in the abuse when you have adults in a position of dictatorship setting such a horrific example and if you don't do as you are told you will be physically attacked too. They will have been growing up in an extremely abusive dysfunctional household since birth and won't know what they lived isn't normal. I just hope they get the psychological help they need to transition into well adjusted adults and the crimes of their parents are not felt by their own children. I'm just so sorry it is too late for Erica she will never have experienced being loved or having people care about her she was most likely the loneliest child and young teenager imaginable.

How do you do that? Abuse a child for years, directly with your own fist, or indirectly with your blind eye? How do you go about your job having tortured, humiliated, and isolated a child, or knowing that's what was happening in your own home? How do you cause a child's death, directly or indirectly, and go back to your job the next day? Or ever again? How do you get flown up to be on a TV show and affirm your innocence? How do you allow yourself to be put up in a fancy hotel, comment on the softness of the sheets? How do you communicate with your spouse after your fraud incarceration without sobbing at the sight of them, the memory of what you both did? How do you "get your stories straight?" How do you look your father, your biological children in the eye? How do you look yourself in the eye when you look in the mirror without smashing your head into it and praying you bleed out? Just.. HOW?

How is there even a single person alive on earth who's capable of being like this? And how many are still out there, waving to neighbors from their driveway?

I think something in me wanted to believe their innocence, because then this would feel like closure or justice. Now that it's actually set in I don't know how to feel. Possibly the only solace is how many people there are HERE who've been thinking of and trying to help Erica for all these years. Thank you all. <3

Agreed. I think there are more WSers who care about her than there are caring people from her life. I know her bio family and law enforcement have been aching for her. But anyone else? Huge thanks to everyone who kept the flame lit for our little angel.

oh man, i'm so happy and sad at the same time. this was the first case i ever binge-read on websleuths. i thought they'd never find her; thank god sandy grew a hint of a conscience (or maybe just got a great deal), and finally she can go home to her mom.

"They started the very tedious work of exhuming the body. They worked about 20 to 30 minutes when they found the first piece of evidence. It then took 10 hours to complete the crime scene," Sheriff Brooks said.

Sheriff Brooks said Investigators said they believe the body had been there since 2011 and they knew it was Erica Parsons due to a fracture on a bone in her arm that wasn't set properly, from photo evidence of Erica with her arm wrapped in duct tape.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/208944015-story

It seems like there should be enough evidence to bring felony murder charges even if the ME can't determine a COD. Like the judge said, Erica lived in a house of horrors. I agree that Sandy had a reason other than guilt/remorse to finally spill the beans. IMO the combination of the investigators getting too close and his relationship with Casey apparently ended caused him to start sweating that Erica would be found and Casey would blame him. IOW it was a preemptive strike.

Poor Erica, my heart aches for her. I hope justice is swift with those two. I find them equally responsible and I'm just glad one of them squeaked. Don't be fooled they are in it for themselves and what they get out of it. I remember those weeks they took off to "look" for Erica in Louisiana. Probably thinking they could disappear...

I'm sick. Broken arm set with duct tape??? As if breaking her arm wasn't bad enough then you continue to torture her by not getting any medical help??? FRY THEM BOTH!

How many more precious kids is this happening to behind closed doors? How many others knew about it, and did nothing? Heck if I had reported and officials didn't do anything, I'd take the assault charge. This is horrendous!

I can't imagine the horrible life Erica endured, and with no choice.

And who took the photo of the duct tape on her arm???

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/208944015-story

It seems like there should be enough evidence to bring felony murder charges even if the ME can't determine a COD. Like the judge said, Erica lived in a house of horrors. I agree that Sandy had a reason other than guilt/remorse to finally spill the beans. IMO the combination of the investigators getting too close and his relationship with Casey apparently ended caused him to start sweating that Erica would be found and Casey would blame him. IOW it was a preemptive strike.

Broken Arm wrapped in duct tape??? [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89