NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One family member said that Sandy Parsons bragged from prison that police would never be able to find Erica’s body without him because she was hidden somewhere that hikers, hunters and even children exploring the woods wouldn’t venture.

When it came out where Erica’s body was, Sandy Parsons confided, it would be a surprise to everyone.

Sandy Parsons also boasted that he’d made an offer to law enforcement – if they would release him and two other felons he was imprisoned with, give him the reward money for finding Erica and never charge him in her death, he would lead them to her body.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article105104811.html

Say what? Sandy Parsons is one piece of work; what hubris! Of course LE did not make such a deal but I'm curious about what deal, if any, they did make with Sandy.

Erica, you poor child. I'm glad your body can finally rest and your abusers can be brought to justice.

BrownRice, another reason it wasn't reported was because she was homeschooled--and there wasn't a secondary person to check up on her wellbeing. NC has pretty lax homeschooling regulations, from what I remember when I first looked at her case.

We've been waiting on this board a long time for a break in this case. Finally Erica will get her justice. RIP :tears:

Websleuths candle.jpg

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rest in peace.

Amen.

May Erica Lynn Parsons - Rest In Peace

I've been thinking about what Erica endured all day it is very upsetting. I have lit a candle and have said a prayer for Erica I hope nobody minds. I hope Erica is at peace now.

I haven't read all the posts since last night so if this is old news, my apologies.

Robin Kanady ‏@RobinFox46 56m56 minutes ago
Carlyle Sherrill, attorney who has represented both Casey and Sandy Parsons in the past, says the two no longer consider themselves a couple

Robin Kanady ‏@RobinFox46 53m53 minutes ago
Sherrill: Sandy evidently tried to make the best deal for himself (Sandy led investigators to Erica Parsons remains, sheriff says)

Robin Kanady ‏@RobinFox46 49m49 minutes ago
Sandy Parsons' dad not surprised his son led investigators to Erica's remains, says Sandy has "been wanting to do this for a couple months"

Robin Kanady ‏@RobinFox46 46m46 minutes ago
I asked Sandy Parsons' dad if his son did something to Erica, he said no, but he believes he "covered it up"

https://twitter.com/RobinFox46

And THIS is why we never give up hope! No matter how far fetched it seems that a case will ever be solved, you just never know!!!

I'm so grateful that Erica has been located, and now those accountable can be prosecuted!

Erica has been at peace for many years, no longer living a life of abuse and pain. Those investigators on this case didn't give up! THANK YOU!

I almost hate to say that family can now give her a respectful funeral...as it's my opinion that not many gave her the love, attention and respect during her life, and nothing can change that fact. The citizens of the area, and the investigators seem to love Erica more, and yet they didn't get to enjoy her life.

This is my first post, although I have been keeping an eye on Erica's story for a while now. The poor child must have felt so alone - I'm so glad she has been found, and she isn't alone anymore.

:welcome5: brand-new. Glad to have you here with us.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Rest in eternal peace Erica [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.salisburypost.com/2016/0...sons-led-investigators-erica-parsons-remains/

Awww...poor thing. :jail: Throw away the key!! He was probably crying because he HOPEFULLY didn't get he sweetheart deal he wanted...He makes me sick!!

Same! I don't want to minimize his role and obviously we have no idea what the real story will be. But, I have always felt the whole household lived in fear of Casey. If that's true then he finally feels ' safe' enough to tell the truth. Again, I'm not minimizing because once children are being abused you have to throw your own fear out the window. That has just always been my feeling. She ran the show like a mad little dicatator and everyone did what she said or else suffered big consequences.

In my opinion Casey and Sandy are pretty much equally guilty. One of them may or not have been the one to finally kill Erica, but they had both been abusing her.

I hope Sandy hasn't got a deal to lead them to Erica if he will testify against Casey; if that is the case he could easily minimise his own involvement and just blame everything on Casey.

I had never followed this case before and will have to do a lot of reading this weekend. This may sound odd, but sometimes I will come across one of these cases and feel that I need to go back to the beginning to read it because the victim deserves my time. Like it's the least I can do.

Is it possible for these questions to be answered very quickly though:

*If she was abused by SO many people, why didn't somebody/anybody EVER report it? There wasn't one decent human being ever in her presence?

*Was this a true foster placement (thru the regulatory agencies) or informal?

If the answers are more complicated - just tell me to read up on it. No worries.
Thanks!

I think someone (was it Casey's sister?) did report them at some point, but the case was closed. Also Erica didn't go to school, which made her less visible to those outside of the family.

I think it was initially an informal fostering arrangement; Erica's biological mother is Sandy Parson's ex sister-in-law. But the Parsons did officially adopt her in 2000, and they got a special disabled adoption allowance, as Erica was heard of hearing and had learning difficulties.

My, my, I never imagined we would see the day Erica Parsons wouldn't be missing any more...I was thinking of her earlier today and was quite shocked , yet so relieved, at the news I discovered. Oh me, poor Erica:(

Can toxicology tests be done with only skeletal remains?

I looked up information for you this is a good link:

"Bone and Bone Marrow - Bone, in particular bone marrow, can be used for testing when necessary, but the availability and condition of bones in skeletal remains may limit their usefulness. There are no data to suggest that bones from one part of the body are better than others for toxicology tests. However, it is always easier to extract samples from larger bones. Interpretation of these findings is often difficult when assisting in a death investigation, because the time that these toxins were deposited in the bones cannot be determined with reasonable certainty."

http://www.forensicsciencesimplified.org/tox/how.html

Rest gently, Erica ! :(

What a horrible life she'd had.
Some people make me vomit.

Same here. The only thing that keeps me somewhat sane when we run into these horrors, fully knowing we haven't heard all of the horrible-ness of it, is knowing that Karma is a b*thch & she will get 'em sooner or later. Let's hope so.

This is my first post, although I have been keeping an eye on Erica's story for a while now. The poor child must have felt so alone - I'm so glad she has been found, and she isn't alone anymore.

Agreed. I have always wondered how many people who knew her could honestly say that they loved her. There just didn't seem to be too many. And since she was a special child, she deserved a ton of love & encouragement & warmth & the feeling of being wanted and safe. This is one that you can work up a good cry without too much thought. Oh, bless her, now -- she's happy and well fed and running & jumping and having all the ice cream she can handle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And one more thang:

:wagon:

to

Websleuths,

:cheer:brandnew!!!:cheer:

We are glad you're here!!

:thewave:

:justice:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online