NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, we should all pray/send good vibes for all the children who endured that hell house. Often forced to abuse little Erica. I can't imagine how psychologically burdening that must be.

This case just breaks my heart. I was introduced via ACandyRose on, get this... September 26th, right before they announced they found her remains. I thought it had to be a different girl!

This might be O/T but I was looking at the search warrant list of what was seized and they had a book and a few magazines about Jonbenét Ramsey! I thought that was creepy. Jonbenét lead me to erica, I was researching Jonbenet when I found Erica's case. Synchronicity...

I remember the day this case first broke. It was a slower news day and it popped up on my Google news. I remember being completely shocked that a child could be missing for two years before anyone really noticed. It also struck me because I was also adopted and it's a reminder of how easily I could have ended up in a terrible situation. I put on a Google alert, because I hadn't discovered this site yet.

This case has always reminded me of the Sylvia Likens case from the 1960s. The extended tragedy is that there is now a house full of kids that have experienced violence as a norm. This isn't just the death of one child, but the desensitizing of so many others.

I struggle with her biological family. Two years is just an incredible amount of time to accept. This seems like an extended family full of dysfunction. But did no one really notice? Did they all accept the stories from this pair? They don't seem like criminal masterminds. I watched the Dr. Phil episode like so many others and was blown away by the lack of sophistication.

This happened too easily. How did a child fall through the cracks to this extent? I have a hard time accepting that individuals are now coming out and claiming to be concerned family members. I try to stay objective and empathetic, and I know that I really can't understand entirely, but two years is a lot to swallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how she could have been buried at the grandparent's home, and NO ONE noticed she was missing?? No one noticed the disturbed soil?? See, if Sandy and Casey had moved to California and denounced all family, maybe I could see how no one knew, questioned or even witnessed all that happened to Erica. But with both sides of the family in contact, and extended family in contact.....I just don't get it. There's more than 2 guilty parties, IMO. Many buried their head in concrete to have not noticed, not spoke up, not gotten all the kids out of that hell! It does NOT add up! And remember they sold dogs? Remember that? So strangers would come to look a puppies? I don't know, I don't blame the strangers, but ALL the family, except the kids, I blame all of the adults. Grandparents included! Buried in YOUR YARD and you know nothing?? Not believing it.

That one photo the media put out of the woods, captioned as the place family had just left, it looked like the ashes from a wood stove. I wonder...was there a ditch there, and Erica just put in that already lowered area, and a few shovels of dirt thrown on her, and then years of wood ashes on top?? Cause that's what it looked like, IMO.

Every time I think of Erica, and this life she SHOULD have had.....and what she received....I get so angry. Not just saddened, I'm mad. I would love to knock the crappy grin off Casey's face, and hit Sandy on his head with my fists, or a ball bat and see how he likes it. Starve their fat asses!!!! Feed them dog food, a half a cup, every other day. How dare they get 3 meals a day! How dare they get shower days, and freedom to the bathroom! NO! They didn't even let Erica go potty when she needed to. Didn't let her eat when hungry. Didn't let her drink when thirsty. Wonder if she even got a Christmas present or Birthday? Was she forced to watch the others enjoy their gifts while she got nothing? I don't know if I can read anymore about the abuse she endured.

I hope both Sandy and Casey get one of the chronic conditions that makes you live in pain every day, and they are given no meds to help. I hope insomnia becomes part of their lives. Fear. Total fear of what the inmates or guards might do to them.

Dear sweet Erica- if your spirit is out there I hope you feel all of the peace, love, and comfort you were denied in your short lifetime. Rest in peace sweet girl. :heartbeat:

I tried to find the full episode of when these filthy lying beasts were on Dr Phil but could only find a few snippets on Youtube. The ease with which that women sat there and lied, the lies just rolled off her tongue, OMG. There should seriously be automatic death sentence for monsters like this who do this to children though life in prison might make them suffer more. Absolutely sickening.

I tried to find the full episode of when these filthy lying beasts were on Dr Phil but could only find a few snippets on Youtube. The ease with which that women sat there and lied, the lies just rolled off her tongue, OMG. There should seriously be automatic death sentence for monsters like this who do this to children though life in prison might make them suffer more. Absolutely sickening.

Even more fascinating is the series of interviews with a Salisbury Post reporter. Go to youtube and search:

Erica Parsons' parents talk with local reporters: Part 1

There are 6 parts total, done in August 2013. Casey spun quite a story - she had an answer for almost everything and when she didn't she deflected by changing the subject. Listen to her description of Erica's life - it's almost all in past tense.

Also interesting is what she says about "Kelly" and "Strawberry" - that LE found them and talked to them but when Casey saw a photo of one of them it didn't match the person she saw. :doh: Just like how she forgot "Nan's" phone number when Dr. Phil offered to track down the telephone records.

Of course we all knew even back then that it was a load of horse manure but it's quite interesting listening to those lies again. Lucky for us Casey and Sandy aren't as bright as they think they are.

Even more fascinating is the series of interviews with a Salisbury Post reporter. Go to youtube and search:

Erica Parsons' parents talk with local reporters: Part 1

There are 6 parts total, done in August 2013. Casey spun quite a story - she had an answer for almost everything and when she didn't she deflected by changing the subject. Listen to her description of Erica's life - it's almost all in past tense.

Also interesting is what she says about "Kelly" and "Strawberry" - that LE found them and talked to them but when Casey saw a photo of one of them it didn't match the person she saw. :doh: Just like how she forgot "Nan's" phone number when Dr. Phil offered to track down the telephone records.

Of course we all knew even back then that it was a load of horse manure but it's quite interesting listening to those lies again. Lucky for us Casey and Sandy aren't as bright as they think they are.
SABBM

Exactly.
Reminds me of someone else.

Cannot stand it when adults know something and refuse to speak out... yet afterwards are full of faux 'grief', and say they never suspected a thing.

It should've been concerning at the very least when Erica was said to have gone to her "Nans'"; and yet no one knew where she actually resided. Seems like the first sign of abuse is when children 'vanish' from public view.
:moo:

How do you do that? Abuse a child for years, directly with your own fist, or indirectly with your blind eye? How do you go about your job having tortured, humiliated, and isolated a child, or knowing that's what was happening in your own home? How do you cause a child's death, directly or indirectly, and go back to your job the next day? Or ever again? How do you get flown up to be on a TV show and affirm your innocence? How do you allow yourself to be put up in a fancy hotel, comment on the softness of the sheets? How do you communicate with your spouse after your fraud incarceration without sobbing at the sight of them, the memory of what you both did? How do you "get your stories straight?" How do you look your father, your biological children in the eye? How do you look yourself in the eye when you look in the mirror without smashing your head into it and praying you bleed out? Just.. HOW?

How is there even a single person alive on earth who's capable of being like this? And how many are still out there, waving to neighbors from their driveway?

I think something in me wanted to believe their innocence, because then this would feel like closure or justice. Now that it's actually set in I don't know how to feel. Possibly the only solace is how many people there are HERE who've been thinking of and trying to help Erica for all these years. Thank you all. <3

Bless you, bettiepageturner, for saying what we all have thought and then wanted to go out to a street corner and just scream. Oh, how eloquent.

I would love to see a prosecutor ask those questions of the defendant in a closing argument for a murder 1st trial for each one of them.

Thanks.

This case reminds me of the Stephanie Carter case in Anderson, SC which had similar brutality by the whole family, including Stephanie's bio-dad. It was the impetus for Stephanie's Law in SC.
Using this law, its possible for child abuse allegations to be reopened.

I just clicked on a link and realized who ! Our Erika! OMG! :frown: I didn't believe she would ever be found and I am somewhat familiar with that area. It is very remote, only a few small towns and lots of woods.

http://wbtw.com/2016/09/30/remains-of-nc-teen-missing-for-5-years-found-in-chesterfield-county/

Yeah me too as I am in SC. I would prefer a public hanging for these monsters but since that isn't possible, let's hope the murder charges stick.

Sad thing is that this happens a lot more than people realize. Neglect goes on and people are too scared to report. Trust me, it needs to be reported. You can even do it anonymously.

RIP Erica!

WSOCTV &#8207;@wsoctv 59m59 minutes ago
Monday at 2:30: Officials to release more information about finding the remains of Erica Parsons, a teen who had not been seen since 2011

[video=twitter;782894213495128065]https://twitter.com/wsoctv/status/782894213495128065[/video]

Link to article also.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/33300785/...scovery-of-erica-parsons-remains?sf37692626=1

Erica Parsons (link to WBTV's complete coverage):
http://www.wbtv.com/category/269975/search-for-erica-parsons?clienttype=generic

It's 18:17 here in England. What time is it in North Carolina right now? With British Summertime k can't work out if we're 4 or 5 hours ahead here.

It's 18:17 here in England. What time is it in North Carolina right now? With British Summertime k can't work out if we're 4 or 5 hours ahead here.

1:17 pm.

this is old video but it shows that Sandy has a temper. I think they are equally guilty in abusing Erica and covering up her murder.
[video=youtube;I3ouN7kUswI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ouN7kUswI[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back