NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at all sure LE blew it or blew it off either. LE maybe didn't say anything about it for reasons unbeknownst to us. They did not report the ATM usage time or location - also for reasons unbeknownst to us. But I will wager they had and have reasons for what information they do or do not put out to the public.

I agree with you on that, RC. Of course, they never tell all they know, not just about this case.

I remember following another high profile case (LP) where we thought the prosecution didn't have much and when they went to trial, we found out things we hadn't heard one thing about.

good catch!! Could be an old ('75-'85) Cadillac or Bonneville.

Nice work with the rooflines and window angles, lesleegp.

Mt :twocents: Steering wheel looks fat, like maybe has an airbag, making it a later model. The size of the perp and backseat guy relative to the vehicle make me think more of an SUV, since the big cars mentioned tend to dwarf the passengers. Also, the perp is looking into the camera at camera height, again like an SUV.

Mrsmush:

lesleegp saw a windowline of an older car in the ATM photo; it's a viable possibility; my arguments for a late-model SUV are above.

c6

I wasn't being rude, and in fact, meant to put a smilie! Sorry. But for real, did you completely miss my posts?

Yes, I did. I was keeping up with another thread about the Governor being involved in a prostitution ring, along with screaming kids, and cooking dinner. I saw the post about the car and got confused. I have since went back to you last post and see what you were saying.

I just want to say that sometimes things get missed. I mentioned something earlier on this thread and then someone else said it and people acted like it was the first time they heard it, even though I said the same thing earlier. It happens, things get missed sometimes.

What am I, chopped liver? Have you not seen my posts?

If you are chopped liver, you are doing an extraordinary job of thinking and typing, and no, we won't cook you for dinner no matter how much you ask.:blowkiss:

c6

When I talked with one of my friends who is in LE in SC, he told me that LE often uses informants to get a lot of their info about crimes like these. They use "gang" members who are in trouble with LE and they offer them deals to get info from them. Since some of these informants are already in jail or soon to be on trial, they are protected and the police promise to keep their info secret, they remain anonymous. (and thus aren't as likely to get killed!) I hope the info comes soon.

Yes, I did. I was keeping up with another thread about the Governor being involved in a prostitution ring, along with screaming kids, and cooking dinner. I saw the post about the car and got confused. I have since went back to you last post and see what you were saying.

I just want to say that sometimes things get missed. I mentioned something earlier on this thread and then someone else said it and people acted like it was the first time they heard it, even though I said the same thing earlier. It happens, things get missed sometimes.

I understand, and I promise I wasn't being rude.

I understand, and I promise I wasn't being rude.

No worries. :blowkiss:

Anyway, your post about the car. When I looked at the photo again, I do see something that looks like it could be another car.

We have to try to give credit where due so someones 0230 hrs epiphany doesn't go unrecognized. it's hard reading through mult days of a thread and all of us miss something. However, when you beat a PD to a clue like mrsmush did, you should crow a little. :cool:

c6

I did some doctoring (not very well) of the pic of the perp so you can try and see what it is I see, and also will include a pic of a Cadillac Fleetwood for reference. I just see the squared off windows, big car roof.

evecarsonatmpic1.jpg

caddyfleetwood.jpg

Your doctoring of that picture is excellent. I think this is as important as the second person. Maybe you should send that to LE or the local newspaper???

Raleigh a.m. radio 680 news is reporting that the baseball hat could be connected to the Hoover Crips gang. Also, Eve's cell phone was located about 1 1/2 miles away from where she was murdered. I hope they find this spos. This is my new acronym - the first s stands for stupid.

Raleigh a.m. radio 680 news is reporting that the baseball hat could be connected to the Hoover Crips gang. Also, Eve's cell phone was located about 1 1/2 miles away from where she was murdered. I hope they find this spos. This is my new acronym - the first s stands for stupid.

How about subhuman??

c6

Yes, I did. I just went back and read some earlier articles but they have all been updated to include info about the funeral and such so there was no mention of a shotgun. I imagine now that is evidence what kind of guns were used in the event they find them.

Thanks CP.
Such fluid changes make it hard to keep the facts together, unless you cache each article yourself or trust google to do it. A little 1984 element here.

c6

Oh I do too, MrsMush!

We discussed here Saturday afternoon there was an individual in the backseat!

I just hope they get the monsters soon!

I hope so too. I think it's just a matter of time now. Someone will turn him in if they are desperate enough for the money. But if we are dealing with a gang member it might take a little longer then we would like because people become more afraid and less willing to help when a gang member is involved. I think gang members count on that. I still can't get his cocky smug look out of my mind. .

I am hopeful that if indeed, it is gang related, he will brag about it to the wrong person. These idiots are typically proud of what they do and they rely on the fear of their counterparts to keep silent. Maybe, just maybe, someone will overhear and have the heart and courage to contact LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper