NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really believe LE reads here for clues.

It would be foolish not to. Seems we have a WSer around most major crimes, often quite involved, who are able to hear local rumblings and info the PD may not get. We also act as an independent group, not confined by having to toe the official line and can think out of the box without our captain yelling at us for proposing non-party answers.

c6

Without a clear timeline to assist with what happened, here is what I think happened:

1. The two guys initially encountered Eve close to her apartment. I believe these guys had parked their own car and were probably on foot when they saw Eve getting into her vehicle to go to her office, or possibly returning from her office. I belive they then carjacked Eve and all three of them were in her vehicle during the ATM pictures.

2. They either had Eve in the cargo space behind the back seat, or in the floorboard of the backseat. They needed her to tell them her PIN number, and they would have kept her alive until they obtained that information.

3. From this point, I have questions as to whether they killed Eve from her vehicle, or from their own vehicle? Eve was killed some distance from where her vehicle was located, correct? As I understand it, her vehicle was found around the block from her apartment. I believe this is where the perps would have parked their own vehicle prior to the carjacking. So, did they carjack Eve, go to the ATM and then drive her to the location she was killed, pushing her from her own vehicle, or did they retrieve their vehicle and force Eve into their car??? Did they have plans to kill her at the beginning of the carjacking? Did they simply not know what to do with her after the carjacking??? It is strange to me that they did not kill her where they left her vehicle. It seems like they would have been more comfortable with driving back to their vehicle, throwing her out, shooting, and then leaving in their own vehicle. Why was she killed away from where her vehicle was found?

Why did any of this happen? There will never be a satisfactory answer to this kind of senseless violence. People like this hate all that is good in life because they do not have any of it in their own lives. Rather than work to create a good life for theirselves, they live to destroy the goodness in others.

This crime has devastated me on so many levels....as a human being, as a mother, as a UNC fan. Senseless.

Anyway, in looking at the picture of the guy, I think maybe there is another car parked beside them. A long, older type sedan......

Handgun and shotgun; There's a message there. Maybe two people want credit for the "kill". The psycholgy of the two firearms is intersting. I wonder where the shotgun injuries were (front, back,chest, abd/pelvis,etc) and what relation they have temporally to each other. Shotguns and handguns sound different, so the neighbors may be able to help.

If she was fatally shot in the head first, then the shotgun shooting has implications of uncontrollable anger and rage.

She had time for multiple screams so I'm trying to fill out the exact sequence of the end events. A lot turns on the timestamp on the ATM and whether the actually had her correct PIN.

c6

?

I think she was probably car jacked.....and there was no need for the perps to leave their car anywhere, there was at least 3 folks involved and the 3rd person just followed them in the car I think you can see in the picture. Something about it looks familiar......my grandfather always drove huge Cadillacs, and the squareness and size reminds me of an early 90s Deville or Fleetwood or Oldsmobile........call me crazy, but I just see that in the picture.

Hey guys, haven't been on in a while I guess since the Kelsey Smith case...(work, new baby and all has kept me busy).
<snip>

3) I give you guys a lot of credit for seeing the other person in the back seat. I guess it worries me that people like us can see it and LE blew it off or didn't even notice at first. There is only ONE reason for a person to be sitting in the back and that's to keep Eve under control. I don't think he is a gang leader and some newbie gang guy is driving him around. I'm sure the larger guy would sit in back for better control.

<snip>

I'm not at all sure LE blew it or blew it off either. LE maybe didn't say anything about it for reasons unbeknownst to us. They did not report the ATM usage time or location - also for reasons unbeknownst to us. But I will wager they had and have reasons for what information they do or do not put out to the public.

You guys have better eye sight than me if you see all of that (My wife does think i'm blind and deaf sometimes).

I didn't see where there was shotgun used.....is this a known fact or once again am I blind??

I do think it's funny that the "H" on the hat was first talked about on here and then released by the cops.....funny. You guys are good!!

Without a clear timeline to assist with what happened, here is what I think happened:

1. The two guys initially encountered Eve close to her apartment. I believe these guys had parked their own car and were probably on foot when they saw Eve getting into her vehicle to go to her office, or possibly returning from her office. I belive they then carjacked Eve and all three of them were in her vehicle during the ATM pictures.

2. They either had Eve in the cargo space behind the back seat, or in the floorboard of the backseat. They needed her to tell them her PIN number, and they would have kept her alive until they obtained that information.

3. From this point, I have questions as to whether they killed Eve from her vehicle, or from their own vehicle? Eve was killed some distance from where her vehicle was located, correct? As I understand it, her vehicle was found around the block from her apartment. I believe this is where the perps would have parked their own vehicle prior to the carjacking. So, did they carjack Eve, go to the ATM and then drive her to the location she was killed, pushing her from her own vehicle, or did they retrieve their vehicle and force Eve into their car??? Did they have plans to kill her at the beginning of the carjacking? Did they simply not know what to do with her after the carjacking??? It is strange to me that they did not kill her where they left her vehicle. It seems like they would have been more comfortable with driving back to their vehicle, throwing her out, shooting, and then leaving in their own vehicle. Why was she killed away from where her vehicle was found?

Why did any of this happen? There will never be a satisfactory answer to this kind of senseless violence. People like this hate all that is good in life because they do not have any of it in their own lives. Rather than work to create a good life for theirselves, they live to destroy the goodness in others.

Same dilemma here.

Why murder her in an affluent neighborhood and leave her there for sure discovery within two hours?? Seems you’d want as much time as you could get, so you’d at least try to hide the body.

Why risk detection by bringing the vehicle back close to her apartment, unless to pick up the getaway car? More time and safety could be bought by driving the vehicle OOS and torching it

Why does the perp allow a full-face photo at the ATM?

This is a very in-your-face crime, telling us the perps want some sort of recognition for this abomination, as well as to generate fear of them (gangs)

c6

It's a hard timeline to reconstruct on such scant data as we have. My guess is they took her around 0430 at or near her car, went to the ATM, and went back to her neighborhood and shot her. They then left her car and took a car they had left earlier when they took her. Reasons I don't believe she was killed immediatly as her car was taken:

1 Second man in backseat who wouldn't be needed at all if she were already dead, much less lurking suspiciously in back with a free passenger front seat open.
2 The neighborhood where she was shot is away from her home. What was she doing at 0500 in that place, esp since it doesn't look from the aerial map to be on her way to work, for them to carjack and kill her there?

Thoughts?

c6

Okay, I buy that. However, was it reported how much money they were able to get from the ATM?

Also, the second person in the backseat may be someone Eve knew. The guy in the front seat didn't have a driver's license, because this photo would come up from the Department of Motor Vehicles with this perp's face on it right?

Handgun and shotgun; There's a message there. Maybe two people want credit for the "kill". The psycholgy of the two firearms is intersting. I wonder where the shotgun injuries were (front, back,chest, abd/pelvis,etc) and what relation they have temporally to each other. Shotguns and handguns sound different, so the neighbors may be able to help.

If she was fatally shot in the head first, then the shotgun shooting has implications of uncontrollable anger and rage.

She had time for multiple screams so I'm trying to fill out the exact sequence of the end events. A lot turns on the timestamp on the ATM and whether the actually had her correct PIN.

c6

?

Exactly crypto6.
The 911 caller said he/she heard several shots. The above linked article states she was shot several times and once in the right temple. This gives us interesting information.
IF she screamed several times, she screamed before being shot in the temple. The shot in the temple would have most likely killed her immediately.
Where else was she shot?

I did some doctoring (not very well) of the pic of the perp so you can try and see what it is I see, and also will include a pic of a Cadillac Fleetwood for reference. I just see the squared off windows, big car roof.

evecarsonatmpic1.jpg

caddyfleetwood.jpg

You guys have better eye sight than me if you see all of that (My wife does think i'm blind and deaf sometimes).

I didn't see where there was shotgun used.....is this a known fact or once again am I blind??

I do think it's funny that the "H" on the hat was first talked about on here and then released by the cops.....funny. You guys are good!!

It was in the early reports. Now LE is saying handgun to the head is one of the shots, but not sayng what firearm was used for the other(s). Anybody else see a shotgun mentioned earlier??

c6

It was in the early reports. Now LE is saying handgun to the head is one of the shots, but not sayng what firearm was used for the other(s). Anybody else see a shotgun mentioned earlier??

c6
Yes, I did. I just went back and read some earlier articles but they have all been updated to include info about the funeral and such so there was no mention of a shotgun. I imagine now that is evidence what kind of guns were used in the event they find them.

Okay, I buy that. However, was it reported how much money they were able to get from the ATM?

Can't find it whether any money was w/d. Anybody else??

Also, the second person in the backseat may be someone Eve knew. The guy in the front seat didn't have a driver's license, because this photo would come up from the Department of Motor Vehicles with this perp's face on it right?

Good thought. Underaged would do much less time if caught and probably doesn't have his face in a databank

The stuff they're being cagey about we have to assume is somehow important to the investigation, even if for disinformation purposes. But they have a thin line to walk to prevent giving ammo to the perps. For examlpe, what if a defense atty for the second guy says "The CHPD didn't see a second passenger at first, so why change the story? Conspiracy or incompetence, take your pick."

c6

c6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members