NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6013321

View video # 6.

It's a snippet of an interview with a woman who thinks the suspect is an abusive ex boyfriend.

She says he would do anything to " get money ", including kill.
Are they protecting this woman? I would think that all of the talk shows (Nancy Grace/Greta Van Sustern) would try to get her on their shows. That video clip is 26 seconds with her saying one little thing. I bet that it might be her ex. I can't believe that this guy has not been identified and/or arrested yet!!

Anyone with a brain who knows this woman, especially the perp, would know that was her on that video. They darn well better be protecting her. You can see her body and her voice wasn't disguised, either. :furious:

I saw the article in the Raleigh News & Observer today about the possible gang connections with the hat. If I remember correctly, they're thinking it wasn't gang-related after all because of the contradicting symbols, like tinytown said.

The fact that UNC-Chapel Hill is out on spring break at the moment might be a reason for tips to come in slowly... I imagine some of the students are keeping up with the latest news from home, but a large number would also be on vacation and not necessarily have seen the surveillance pictures yet.

Are they protecting this woman? I would think that all of the talk shows (Nancy Grace/Greta Van Sustern) would try to get her on their shows. That video clip is 26 seconds with her saying one little thing. I bet that it might be her ex. I can't believe that this guy has not been identified and/or arrested yet!!

I am fairly certain she is under some type of protection.

The interview was played in length over the week end and then not another time, it just vanished. It vanished to the point that some of us thought we were imagining things!:crazy: (Since we didn't see anything else at all about it and couldn't link it!).

LE surely to goodness has to have a pretty good idea of who this killer is!
And I know they know a whole lot more about the case than is available to the public!
I just hope and pray there's an arrest soon!!!

I am fairly certain she is under some type of protection.

The interview was played in length over the week end and then not another time, it just vanished. It vanished to the point that some of us thought we were imagining things!:crazy: (Since we didn't see anything else at all about it and couldn't link it!).

LE surely to goodness has to have a pretty good idea of who this killer is!
And I know they know a whole lot more about the case than is available to the public!
I just hope and pray there's an arrest soon!!!
I tried to find the video number 6 as was posted but it wasn't there. I think this a very good clue to what is going on. They know who this scum is and they are after him.

Tonight, tomorrow or very soon they will get his butt. I imagine the US Marshall's service is involved too. This group doesn't get a lot of kudo's but they are world class.

I go to NCSU in Raleigh, and early this morning there was a robbery, as well as this afternoon. The one in the morning was with a knife. This is the description of the one this afternoon:

"Expires: 04/11/2008

Robbery - Centennial Campus

On Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at approximately 5:05 pm, a male student
reported being robbed behind the Partners II building at 840 Main Campus
Dr. He was approached by two suspects, one of which was armed with a
handgun. The suspects fled on foot. The student was not injured.

Suspect # 1 - Black male, 5'10", 160 lbs., approximately 20 years of
age, wearing desert camouflage pants, a black sweater, tan work gloves
and a black ski mask. This subject was armed with a handgun.

Suspect # 2 - Black male, black ski mask, no weapon seen, no additional
clothing information available.

If you have any information about this incident, contact University
Police at 515-3000."

Maybe just paranoid, but freaking me out.

I tried to find the video number 6 as was posted but it wasn't there. I think this a very good clue to what is going on. They know who this scum is and they are after him.

Tonight, tomorrow or very soon they will get his butt. I imagine the US Marshall's service is involved too. This group doesn't get a lot of kudo's but they are world class.

They've said that all local LE agencies, meaning Raleigh, Durham area and SBI and FBI. I wouldn't doubt that US Marshall's are assisting too.
They HAVE to know who this is!
I do hope that an arrest is in the next 24 hours, as you say!

And to obtain the #6 video, go into site link, and underneath the screen that comes up, you'll see 6 little pics of related reports. Click onto # 6. Hope that will help you.:)

I go to NCSU in Raleigh, and early this morning there was a robbery, as well as this afternoon. The one in the morning was with a knife. This is the description of the one this afternoon:

Police at 515-3000."

Yikes, Emily!!! I wonder if it's the same guy who killed Eve?? If so, he is amazingly bold. Be safe. :blowkiss:

So he did change jackets? WTF??? I totally get changing after shooting someone....especially execution style.....but I don't understand taking two jackets with him when he went out that evening.... :waitasec:

No he's wearing he's buddy's jacket right, the one in the back of the SUV.

Thanks englishleigh, I definitely am. I've got my knife and pepper spray with me always. Things are going crazy up here - last week some guys broke into my friend's house and stole jewelry and laptops, then stole her and her roommate's cars. And then the two robberies today, with Eve's murder...this is turning into a scary place.

If we have two busy haired guys, could they be brothers??? They really do look a lot alike (the ATM picture and the convenience store picture), but not "exactly" alike. Something is just "off" - for me anyway.

Reannan, I'm with you...I was thinking the same thing. The jacket does say M as well.

These disappearing/changing articles make it hard to build a timeline or fit puzzle pieces since the info changes, usually as a deletion or clever lawyeroid wording. For example, the shotgun wounds we definitively saw reported morph into statements that she was shot, with at least one wound from a handgun. The shotgun is gone down the memory hole.
We almost have to store every linked article ourselves since google cache seems to morph with the originals.

c6

Thanks englishleigh, I definitely am. I've got my knife and pepper spray with me always. Things are going crazy up here - last week some guys broke into my friend's house and stole jewelry and laptops, then stole her and her roommate's cars. And then the two robberies today, with Eve's murder...this is turning into a scary place.

It sure sounds like it. Keep that pepper spray close.

Sorry for butting in your thread, I live in Chapel Hill area, went in a convenience store in Chapel Hill today, woman at counter told me that a cop (she did not specify which force) told her that they "had" perp and that we would all be hearing about it real soon. So this is third hand vague info, but intrigued me. I immediately turned on the radio, no news. :waitasec:

Saw lots of you saying that phone was found near durham, technically that is correct, but near an area of durham that is virtually indistinguishable from Chapel Hill, major gang areas of Durham are probably 25 - 30 minutes from site. There are several pockets of low income, high crime, high drug use right in Chapel Hill, they don't necessarily need to import criminals from durham!

Hope my inside info turns out to be right, but who knows?

Being a college student, I doubt Eve had thousands of dollars in her account. But on the other hand, she might have had at least $500-$900 - the jerks might not have known that they cannot withdraw over $400 within a 24-hr period. That would mean if they wanted more money, then the jerks again might have tried the atm at the convenience store the next day. LE is keeping it quiet but I feel they are attempting to drain the account without notice. She might have had a certain amount of money in the account for the various clubs she belonged to.

Police at 515-3000."

No, I think now they are using ski masks...to disguise themselves. I believe suspect #1 is wearing tan gloves in Atm photo!

just a few misc. notes:

1) I live in the (Chapel Hill) area of interest and have looked over a couple of the immediate convenience stores that don't match up to the published pictures -- I think those shots are from a store in Durham instead.

2) the cell ph. was found around Eastgate Shopping Ctr. possibly being ditched on their way back to Durham... if they did drive back to Durham there is a 24-hr. WalMart on the way (off highway) --- would be worth checking the surveillance tapes from that store (both inside and outside parking lot) on off-chance they might've stopped there for a late-night purchase; hope LE has already considered that....

3) Finally,I've quickly looked over the 6 banks that have ATMs in the general area of focus. There are only 2 banks that might fit the published picture and I'll try to narrow that down to one tomorrow maybe (one being the BankAmerica branch mentioned earlier). NONE of these banks have two rows of ATMs set up in a manner that would allow that discussed photo 'background' to be a 2nd ATM --- at first I thought this meant it must indeed be a second vehicle, but on further inspection, think that the background may just be building structure farther back -- funny how what you see can change considerably depending how you focus on things...

...really amazing (and disappointing) there isn't already a name attached to at least one of these perps by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid