Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated 13 minutes ago..........

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2561551/

Members of the media swarmed the Chapel Hill Police Department, and a news conference about the latest developments scheduled for 11:45 a.m. was delayed until later in the day. (Watch it live on WRAL.com when it happens.)

Heavily armed members of Durham police's Selective Enforcement Team, similar to a SWAT team, took the man in custody during an overnight raid from a house on Rosedale Avenue. A neighbor said he might be the boyfriend of someone who lives on that street.

Well, posters who said that the guy was in Durham were right, weren't they? Who said that the convenience stores/ATM's were in the Durham area? :waitasec:

How far is Durham from Chapel Hill?

"At least one neighbor who lives near the alleged home where authorities this morning took into custody a “person of interest” in the case said the area is known for crime.

Latesha Leench, who lives on Rosedale, said she and her family tend to keep to themselves. She said the house officers raided this morning is a rental, and was vacant until about September.

An elderly woman apparently moved into the alleged house about three weeks ago, Leench said."

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-03-12-0006.html

I was one who said they likely be from Durham or Raleigh. I used to live about 30 minutes away and both cities have large black populations and gangs. Boo said Chapel Hill has pockets of crime too but I've always thought it was pretty safe...live and learn as they say.

I can't wait to hear the latest. Hope they do hold their news conference this afternoon.

I've noticed that they've had a spate of robberies and whatnot at N.C. State in nearby Raleigh, too. Wonder if they're related?

I was one who said they likely be from Durham or Raleigh. I used to live about 30 minutes away and both cities have large black populations and gangs. Boo said Chapel Hill has pockets of crime too but I've always thought it was pretty safe...live and learn as they say.

I can't wait to hear the latest. Hope they do hold their news conference this afternoon.

Hopefully someone turned this in! Sounds like it...

From Momof2's above link,

At about 11 a.m., two men were taken from the Chapel Hill Police Station’s rear exit with their heads covered and possibly taken to Hillsborough for booking. It’s unknown whether either or both of the men are connected to the Carson investigation.

Well, posters who said that the guy was in Durham were right, weren't they? Who said that the convenience stores/ATM's were in the Durham area? :waitasec:

How far is Durham from Chapel Hill?

It's right next door. Durham is pretty rough. I had a friend who graduated from CH and wanted to move back years later. She moved into an apt in Durham that was a block from the city lines since it was a bit less and she thought it would be safe since it was so close to CH. Nope, cars getting broken into etc. So she finally gave up the cheaper rent and moved into the CH city limits to get away from the crime.

Presser set for late this afternoon.

An Assistant Public Defender and investigators from the Public Defender's office have shown up at the police station:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2811/story/996486.html

"Also this morning, an assistant public defender and an investigator with the public defender's office entered the Chapel Hill police station, where the person detained reportedly was being questioned. The lawyer, Susan Seahorn, and investigator, Beth Winston, declined to say why they were there."

Media is still confused as to whether the guy looks like the one in the car ATM. I feel the same. I think it's the one in the store and there are two different people in the survielance pics. News14 has pics at the bottom for comparison.

http://news14.com/content/top_stories/593789/man-being-questioned-in-carson-case/Default.aspx

The person of interest was led into the police station handcuffed and with scrapes on his cheek. He matches the description of the man police say used Carson’s ATM card at a local ATM machine and inside a convenience store, but from looking at pictures of the two men, it's unclear if it's the same person.

His hairstyle looks like the same one as the suspect sketch in the Chicago Lane Bryant massacre.

Susan

I think i'm 99% sure this is the guy from the ATM. Look at the features and curves in the nose and the mouth outline....VERY similar.

I think the News outlets are just being careful as they don't have offical word on who this is and why there being held.

It's just my opinion, but this looks like the guy in the ATM photo. NOW, the gas station photo i'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member