NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to be a dad for the first time (in about 30 days) and if this is the guy who killed my daughter I would ask LE for at least 30min of time with no one around. Sorry some of you might think that's wrong, but I would want the first shot.

i did a little collage of photos of the suspect(s) - where do you all post photos to share here. Photobucket or what?

http://www.wral.com/

Top of this link:

Just in:
Heavily armed Durham police have responded to a disturbance at the intersection of Shepherd and Proctor streets. Durham city council Eugene Brown told WRAL that police are engaged in a standoff with a second suspect in Eve Carson's slaying.

"Heavily armed Durham police have repsonded to a disturbance at the intersection of Shepherd and Proctor Streets. Durham City councilman told WRAL that police are engaged in a standoff with the second suspect in the Eve Carson slaying."

Couldn't get this to copy and paste but here's the link:

http://www.wral.com/

Should be on the first page.

I was gonna say earlier, about the ATM v. convenience store photos, unless he changed clothes and pulled his hair back, or they were taken on separate days, then the photos might show two different people.

I bet the presser won't be in 45 minutes now...

PC scheduled for 4:30 pm.

I'm not 100% convinced which, if either, perp the individual taken in is, but hopefully they've got the right guy. I think there are two individuals involved and there could turn out to be a real issue over who the trigger man was (for my money they can both fry! though I fear one of the twerps may be too young to get death).

Anyway, last weekend I worked out a scenario trying to tie together what we knew at that point --- TOTALLY speculative so I wasn't going to post it, but now that we're all waiting for a PC that may clarify much of it, here goes:

I think it was gang-related and a likely an initiation gone awry -- gangs exist in Raleigh and even Chapel Hill/Carrboro, but are especially active in Durham.

The 2 twerps drove to Chapel Hill, parked around North St. (which is very near downtown) and began prowling for a likely carjack or robbery victim in the neighborhood (I don't think Eve was pre-targeted). Eve was on way to her vehicle when taken. They took her belongings, drove to ATM, and told her to give up pin no. at gunpoint, promising to drive her back to the neighborhood and let her free once they had their money. She gave pin (why else would they continue to use card later), they got money, began driving back. But they intended to assault her, and turned off on a side road early of her neighborhood, looking for a secluded place. Instead they ended up in a circular drive in a well-to-do neighborhood. They would've needed to slow down, maybe even stop, to get their bearings and figure out what to do; Eve, sensing what was coming, made a break for it at this point, and was running from vehicle. Car raced off. Returned to North St. abandoning plans to drive car to Durham fearing there would be an APB out on it. They parked Eve's vehicle, piled into their original vehicle, scared little rats that they were and departed. Sorting through their booty on drive up toward Durham the li'l boy-man initiate (from ATM photo) tinkered with cell phone, possibly making calls, before other perp, said don't fool with that it can be traced, get rid of it, and they tossed it out window at Eastgate Mall. Assuming they got cash from the ATM I'm bettin' they did stop at WalMart or other all-night places along the way for a buying spree, couldn't help themselves --- somewhere they're on additional surveillance tapes, unless they've already been erased.

Nothing but guesses here... could be hugely wrong on several counts that further details or timeline would clarify, and soonb we'll get more info...

Another news flash just now: says a 2nd suspect is either surrounded or under arrest in Durham as I type this.
May the next few hours represent the beginning of the end of all this...

Does any of the local TV stations have live coverage of this?? Sounds like this guy doesn't want to go easy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay