NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skigirl's comment above reminds me of a question I've wondered about a bit: anyone know what the occupant capacity (or typical crowd) for The Thrill was? I'd guess over half the folks there on any given night would be males, and just wondering how many males KR & FH might have been seen by or casually in contact with in the course of their ~90 mins. there? several dozen at least I would think, or over 100???

Skigirl's comment above reminds me of a question I've wondered about a bit: anyone know what the occupant capacity (or typical crowd) for The Thrill was? I'd guess over half the folks there on any given night would be males, and just wondering how many males KR & FH might have been seen by or casually in contact with in the course of their ~90 mins. there? several dozen at least I would think, or over 100???

The few times I've been there (I don't think it was called Thrill at that time) it's kind of got a hole in the wall feel, imo. Just off my distant memories there's like 1 bar and then a dance floor. The last time I went there about 3-4 years ago they had a very small stage too where the speakers are. Right now it's got a new name and looks a little bit more snazzy on the outside. It could probably hold at least 150, maybe more? I'm not really good at estimating crowd size, tbh. I know that this was during the time of the year when school is just starting back up and so the parties on the weekend tend to be pretty popular. I definitely know of other people who were there that night that have never been mentioned publicly so I would imagine there were other guys there at Thrill besides the key players mentioned in that PDF of warrants.

What was the old Time Out location? Was it on Franklin in that weird strip mall thing that's now being built into apartments? Where Elizabeth Edwards had her home decorating store?

yeah it used to be there. Now it's like 2 blocks down on the corner across the street from the post office.

One thing that others seem to think is weirder than I do is the idea that someone might have stopped by FH and KR's apartment at 4:30 AM. I mean, it would be weird (and terrifying) to me NOW, but in college, sometimes I didn't roll in until 5 AM on a weekend night, and not because of a hook-up, just because I was dancing and socializing and flirting and what-not. I did not ever, ever go anyplace to socialize before 11 PM, and I even considered that early. I know it was a week night, but neither girl strikes me as an overly studious type, certainly not as bookish and serious as I was. Karena had just left the apartment not all that much earlier.

So, if someone knocked on the door, Faith may not have thought it was THAT weird, especially if it was someone she sort of knew. Remember these are all people who are dating and looking for relationships and/or hook-ups. They are constantly seeking out the other sex. They are constantly being sought out. They expect the people around them to seek and be sought. It's just what you do at that age -- almost as seriously as you do anything else. It is not uncommon for a college-aged woman to have a few admirers sort of orbiting, and for those admirers to be orbiting multiple women. Some men think it's cute to come by at weird hours, I know because it happened to me.

You described my first 2 years at Carolina to a T. These types of behaviors are not all that unusual if you're the type of Carolina student that's on the "social scene" a lot. I never lived off campus so I don't know how different it was living at Hawthorne but definitely on campus it would not be weird at all to see your random person wandering around at 2, 3, 4 in the morning.

Also this old Yelp review has a few pics. https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-thrill-chapel-hill

Twitter page also has a few pics in the media section https://twitter.com/thethrillch?lang=en

Also Facebook if you really feel like digging lol. https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheThrillatChapelHill/photos/?ref=page_internal

Hope this helps!

Also this old Yelp review has a few pics. https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-thrill-chapel-hill

Twitter page also has a few pics in the media section https://twitter.com/thethrillch?lang=en

Also Facebook if you really feel like digging lol. https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheThrillatChapelHill/photos/?ref=page_internal

Hope this helps!

I have spent a lot of time digging through Thrill Facebook over the last year and I have wondered about the photographer...just my thoughts. Aside from that...I've been wondering a lot about the DNA obtained and used by Parabon. From the FAQ portion of their website the amount of DNA they need is actually very little. I've also wondered about the collection of DNA. I find it strange DNA was found on Faith and pen to write note but nowhere else in apartment. Maybe they just haven't released that information? Also, finger prints? Was the door and door knobs of the front door dusted? Faucets to sinks? For DNA and prints(Cleanliness of the note/to wash off any blood before leaving) How is it only isolated to being on Faith and the pen?! Then there is touch DNA. IMO I have had the worry that IF the crime scene were contaminated we are looking for someone who had nothing to do with the crime. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheThrillCH‏ @TheThrillCH 6 Sep 2012
Tonight THRILL is hosting the CAROLINA CHEERLEADERS! Come out and show your support!

So, the Carolina Cheerleaders were at the Thrill that night? Does the University sell appearances by the cheerleaders? Ew. But interesting, none-the-less.

I have spent a lot of time digging through Thrill Facebook over the last year and I have wondered about the photographer...just my thoughts. Aside from that...I've been wondering a lot about the DNA obtained and used by Parabon. From the FAQ portion of their website the amount of DNA they need is actually very little. I've also wondered about the collection of DNA. I find it strange DNA was found on Faith and pen to write note but nowhere else in apartment. Maybe they just haven't released that information? Also, finger prints? Was the door and door knobs of the front door dusted? Faucets to sinks? For DNA and prints(Cleanliness of the note/to wash off any blood before leaving) How is it only isolated to being on Faith and the pen?! Then there is touch DNA. IMO I have had the worry that IF the crime scene were contaminated we are looking for someone who had nothing to do with the crime. Just my thoughts.

Always been my impression that police specifically mention the DNA from the semen, pen, bag (and I believe the bottle as well) being the same, as their way of indicating it comes from the killer. That same DNA may well have been found elsewhere, including on doorknobs, furniture, whatever but with so many visitors to the apt. that wouldn’t be very meaningful (i.e., there’s probably tons of male DNA detected in that apt.), but those specific items were significant to draw conclusions from.
It does seem odd we've never heard anything about fingerprint findings -- again, there would be fingerprints galore all around, but surely they dusted everywhere and found some important ones?

Tonight THRILL is hosting the CAROLINA CHEERLEADERS! Come out and show your support!

So, the Carolina Cheerleaders were at the Thrill that night? Does the University sell appearances by the cheerleaders? Ew. But interesting, none-the-less.

Yeah, that's creepy and gross. Maybe it was one of those arrangements where they get a percentage of the proceeds or something.

I sorta hate to say it, but if the cheerleaders were there that night and no doubt well-publicized, I suspect that would only increase the numbers of creepy sorts in attendance!

I sorta hate to say it, but if the cheerleaders were there that night and no doubt well-publicized, I suspect that would only increase the numbers of creepy sorts in attendance!

The event was for the 6th, though, and FH and KR, et al technically didn't arrive until the 7th. The cheerleaders had probably gone by then, ending the creeper feeding frenzy.

The event was for the 6th, though, and FH and KR, et al technically didn't arrive until the 7th. The cheerleaders had probably gone by then, ending the creeper feeding frenzy.
The "frenzy" may have been over, but I suspect many of those who came specifically for it stayed around to 'party on' and were now, shall we say, all 'revved up.'

One thing that others seem to think is weirder than I do is the idea that someone might have stopped by FH and KR's apartment at 4:30 AM. I mean, it would be weird (and terrifying) to me NOW, but in college, sometimes I didn't roll in until 5 AM on a weekend night, and not because of a hook-up, just because I was dancing and socializing and flirting and what-not. I did not ever, ever go anyplace to socialize before 11 PM, and I even considered that early. I know it was a week night, but neither girl strikes me as an overly studious type, certainly not as bookish and serious as I was. Karena had just left the apartment not all that much earlier.

So, if someone knocked on the door, Faith may not have thought it was THAT weird, especially if it was someone she sort of knew. Remember these are all people who are dating and looking for relationships and/or hook-ups. They are constantly seeking out the other sex. They are constantly being sought out. They expect the people around them to seek and be sought. It's just what you do at that age -- almost as seriously as you do anything else. It is not uncommon for a college-aged woman to have a few admirers sort of orbiting, and for those admirers to be orbiting multiple women. Some men think it's cute to come by at weird hours, I know because it happened to me.

Yeah... I mean I've always assumed that up until the point where someone was murdered, this was a normal Friday night for everyone involved (up to and including the door being left unlocked, if it was left unlocked).

I've never gotten the impression that the partying until the morning with whoever was around and up for it was a first, or at all unusual.

Ew, the whole thing skeeves me out for some reason (University renting them out? maybe the women made their own arrangements but yuck). Anyhooo... MY recollection from those long-ago days is that many drunk creepers tend to stay drunk and continue creeping until they drag themselves off to bed or get kicked out at closing time...seems like some could have been hoping and waiting for more pretty women to show up.

Yeah... I mean I've always assumed that up until the point where someone was murdered, this was a normal Friday night for everyone involved (up to and including the door being left unlocked, if it was left unlocked).

I've never gotten the impression that the partying until the morning with whoever was around and up for it was a first, or at all unusual.

It was actually a Thursday night/ Friday morning, but your point still stands. College students often start their "weekend" a day or two early.

It was actually a Thursday night/ Friday morning, but your point still stands. College students often start their "weekend" a day or two early.

True, my memory has faded with respect to a lot of those details but yeah when I was there Thursday was a very popular night, probably the most popular tied with Saturday.

Always been my impression that police specifically mention the DNA from the semen, pen, bag (and I believe the bottle as well) being the same, as their way of indicating it comes from the killer. That same DNA may well have been found elsewhere, including on doorknobs, furniture, whatever but with so many visitors to the apt. that wouldn’t be very meaningful (i.e., there’s probably tons of male DNA detected in that apt.), but those specific items were significant to draw conclusions from.
It does seem odd we've never heard anything about fingerprint findings -- again, there would be fingerprints galore all around, but surely they dusted everywhere and found some important ones?

But is it a fact that LE has said the DNA of the semen, note, pen and bottle are the same? I'm not sure that's true. I believe they said the note & pen are the same DNA.

Do do you have a link by chance? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member