NC - Family charged in decade-long sexual abuse of girl, Perquimans County, May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It may be the county in NC that is not on top of home schooling. From my knowledge and the multiple counties that I am aware of, the home schooling process is very rigid, strict guidelines, and difficult testing for the children.

The "teachers" of these home schooled children can also be denied permission if they are not doing lesson plans, field trips, or the many items included in the curriculum. So, it appears this mother failed her children in more ways than one. By the way, it was the sheriff who made the comment about the boys having little education.

This reminds me of a recent case of an entire family of inbreds (literally, I am not being mean here) that would have sexual encounters indiscriminately between male/females and female/females of the "family". Anyone else remember that?

This reminds me of a recent case of an entire family of inbreds (literally, I am not being mean here) that would have sexual encounters indiscriminately between male/females and female/females of the "family". Anyone else remember that?
There was one here in California, a black family that he forced his daughters and nieces to have sex with him. I seem to recall the name Wesley associated with that case, but I don't know if that was part of his name or the city...

"The victim, now 16, was placed in the custody of an older half-brother in Colorado, he added." This is Sheriff Tilley speaking. Quoted from www.wakeweekly.com

So, if victim has been removed from parents and brothers home, she must be pregnant by another person? From accounts I have read, abuse stopped over a year ago with date of December 2012 given in various articles. Point being concern for birth defects from inbreeding and new baby is not going to be around these parents.

There was that horrible case of the Colt family in Australia. I still can't get that one out of my mind.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

There was one here in California, a black family that he forced his daughters and nieces to have sex with him. I seem to recall the name Wesley associated with that case, but I don't know if that was part of his name or the city...

I remember this.. He kept coffins around as a warning...he looked like a "Move member" long nasty dirty dreads...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From May 15, wakeweek.com linked above:

"....Hope Baptist is a small evangelical church with a couple hundred members that formed eight years ago. ...Heading it up is Elder Scott Brown.
Brown confirmed Tuesday that Eric Jackson had been attending the church when he decided to share his story with Horn.
“One of these boys came to our church a couple of years ago,” Brown said. “And they were convicted by the preaching of the gospel and were converted and became increasingly convicted of their sin against their sister and thought they should walk in the light. It’s a story of the power of the gospel.”
Calling the revelations “tragic” and “heartbreaking,” Brown believes God moved Jackson to confess.
After telling them, he turned around and went to the authorities.
“Because of the nature of this, we became mandatory reporters,” said Brown. “Eric wanted to report it. [But] if he didn’t, we would have been obligated to report it

IIUC, the whole family had not been attending or members of this church allllllll these years the abuse occurred.
I wonder if parents had other religious affiliation elsewhere over the years.

Hmmm.

Per post & link above, IIUC, Eric talked to pastor.

Not clear to me if he had moved to CO. when some of the family did.

"Eric Jackson is a Rolesville piano tuner and repairman, advertising his business, Redeeming the Tune Piano Service (redeemingthetune.com), as recently as January of this year. He operated out of the office building at 105 S. Main St., near the intersection with Young Street.
After he reported the crime to the police in December 2012, according to the website, he attended a technician training seminar in Bozeman, Mont. in January 2013 and returned for an advanced degree earlier this year.
“This was my second year flying out to Montana, a ‘key’ investment, jump starting my quest to build a professional, God-glorifying piano servicing business in our community,” he wrote in a press release to The Wake Weekly in January
." BBM

Does this mean he is changing his direction in life?

redeemingthetune.com

Searched and found the domain registration expired May13, 2014, just a few days ago.

Which church name is correct?
http://www.wakeweekly.com/brothers-charged-in-rape/
mentions Hope Church a small evangelical church at 825 Averette Rd. w a few hundred members, formed 8 years ago, headed by Elder Scott Brown.

yellowpages.com gives this info for that address
"Oakview Christian Church

825 Averette Rd,
Wake Forest, NC 27587 (919) 562-5500"

UGH. Am I to understand the victim is still with the parents?

It may be the county in NC that is not on top of home schooling. From my knowledge and the multiple counties that I am aware of, the home schooling process is very rigid, strict guidelines, and difficult testing for the children.

The "teachers" of these home schooled children can also be denied permission if they are not doing lesson plans, field trips, or the many items included in the curriculum. So, it appears this mother failed her children in more ways than one. By the way, it was the sheriff who made the comment about the boys having little education.

There are still places in the country, that don't stay on top of monitoring homeschooling families. I home school and we have a huge population of home schooling families. I have a friend who lives in a very rural and small district (same state), and there is no accountability. Her kids are getting a great education, but neighbors keep their kids out to work on their farm all day.

The majority of people who home school take it very seriously. Unfortunately, there are going to be sickos and bad parents in any method of schooling. It's just terrible that people like this, can use home schooling for criminal and deviant actions.

There are still places in the country, that don't stay on top of monitoring homeschooling families. I home school and we have a huge population of home schooling families. I have a friend who lives in a very rural and small district (same state), and there is no accountability. Her kids are getting a great education, but neighbors keep their kids out to work on their farm all day.

The majority of people who home school take it very seriously. Unfortunately, there are going to be sickos and bad parents in any method of schooling. It's just terrible that people like this, can use home schooling for criminal and deviant actions.

I agree, most parents who are homeschooling their kids are making an honest effort to see to their educations. Also agree, there is no oversight by authorities to ensure that education is actually happening and sadly kids are removed from school to isolate them by abusive parents who use "homeschooling" as a means to remove the children from teh view of mandated reporters.

Erica Parsons of NC was missing for nearly two years and not reported as such. Not surprisingly, she was homeschooled. It was reported in her case that there was pretty much zero oversight of homeschooling in her county.

She was removed for the sole purpose of keeping her from view of those mandated reporters IMO.

I feel these parents in this case were homeschooling the children to do the same, keep them from view so that they could raise them where the parents were the absolute law in all things and what happened on their property including the rapes/sexual abuse would not come to light.

Sick sick people.

From Sunshine 95's link:

"Although the brothers supposedly were home-schooled, their level of education seemed low. The oldest, Eric, had difficulty writing his name when he spoke to investigators."

and

"Tilley told 13News Now the parents are not cooperating with deputies and that they returned to Colorado after they posted a $15,000 secured bond."

http://www.wvec.com/news/Six-brothers-charged-with-258936601.html

Well, why did the judge give them such a low bail? They were the ones that permitted the abuse to their daughter!

They sure show what great parents they are by leaving town while their six sons are in jail! Yes, that is a sarcastic remark! IMO the parents should be in jail too. And, my guess father has a lot more to be punished for. JMO.

I am not finding any updates. I hope the victim is healing and getting all the support she needs. I am happy her case is not plastered in the press anymore. But it leaves us uncertain how justice is progressing for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back