NC - Family charged in decade-long sexual abuse of girl, Perquimans County, May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My God!!!!! The parents were only held on $15,000 bond? Why? I hold them the most responsible for what started when this girl was only four years old. WTF?:banghead:

I thought the exact same thing!

Perhaps the mom babysat the girl? Maybe she went there after school? Could that be how she knows them? Although most kids start staying home alone around 10/11 not all the way until 15 so maybe not. But is one possible explanation for why she would be at their house for 11 years.

Perhaps the mom babysat the girl? Maybe she went there after school? Could that be how she knows them? Although most kids start staying home alone around 10/11 not all the way until 15 so maybe not. But is one possible explanation for why she would be at their house for 11 years.

The victim is their younger sister.

I blame the parents more than the boys. If she was only four, then they were young as well. I think they were brainwashed and convinced it was 'the way' the family does things.

And I am a victim of childhood abuse/incest, so I don't take these things lightly. But I think these boys might be victims as well. The parents should be locked up forever.

I just have to say I detest that smirk that mother has in her booking photo. This is sick, evil, and twisted. I place the blame on the parents. How they received bail is questionable in my mind. I just can not even imagine that poor little girl and all that abuse from the very people she was supposed to be able to trust for protection and love.
Throw the book at them all. I do not see how this can be undone-or fixed, ever.

jmo

Parents were anti-government, anti-school.....This resembles an episode on Criminal Minds I remember seeing a while back.

They're only anti-school and anti-government because they were neck deep in the thick of criminally abusing and allowing their daughter to be abused. This is the parents lifestyle choice and they isolated their children to ensure it could continue without interference. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's their full sister, I believe because she's a victim the first article tried to conceal her identity.

I blame the parents more than the boys. If she was only four, then they were young as well. I think they were brainwashed and convinced it was 'the way' the family does things.

And I am a victim of childhood abuse/incest, so I don't take these things lightly. But I think these boys might be victims as well. The parents should be locked up forever.

I'd bet my last dollar daddy taught his sons to follow in his footsteps.

Unbelievable! Doesn't the Education Department oversee home schooling and is there not a set curriculum that they must pass?

It looks like this family never socialized outside the home. Seven children without proper
life skills.

Do parents have to have some higher education to be able to home school?

I am totally flabbergasted with the mother. How could she allow 6 grown men to sexually abuse her daughter? So, how did it all start? JMOO

I'm sorry, how many 'social skills' do you need to have to realize that raping a 4 year old is a terrible thing to do?

The Perv Family aren't lacking in social skills, they are lacking human being skills.

It's my opinion and best guess the parents used their religion to manipulate the children. If they're fundamentalists, the men basically own their subservient women. Oftentimes the men claim to hear the voice of God and have been directed to...XYZ.

( think Warren Jeffs)

Unbelievable! Doesn't the Education Department oversee home schooling and is there not a set curriculum that they must pass?

It looks like this family never socialized outside the home. Seven children without proper

life skills.

Do parents have to have some higher education to be able to home school?

I am totally flabbergasted with the mother. How could she allow 6 grown men to sexually abuse her daughter? So, how did it all start? JMOO

It depends on the state. These families know where they can get away with it best..IMO

Rural & in the Bible Belt. IMO

I have a question about the pastor. I know they have the same shield a lawyer or doctor would have, about confidentiality. They are required in many cases to keep confidentialities they don't want to keep and are uncomfortable with keeping.

But I don't think this extends to ongoing child abuse. Aren't pastors mandatory reporters? Why did the pastor only council the young man to go to the police? Why not report it himself?

If the young man had confessed to murder, I think the pastor would be shielded by his confidentiality law. But "ongoing" child abuse - is ANYONE shielded from reporting that?

I'm sorry, how many 'social skills' do you need to have to realize that raping a 4 year old is a terrible thing to do?

The Perv Family aren't lacking in social skills, they are lacking human being skills.

The boys were probably groomed at a young age. they were probably sexually abused by the parents also and 'taught' that it was a way of showing love for the family. The girl would have been the recipient of their 'love', not their abuse, and the boys would have been told they were teaching her about her role in life. That is how much incest is rationalized in families, to convince the children to keep it secret, within the family. And they may have been forced to take part in this love fest. thus the one child finally told someone.

My uncle convinced 2 other kids to take part in my abuse, and as adults they were horrified and apologetic. But I dont hold them responsible. He groomed them and manipulated them. pedos are often very intelligent and borderlines so they are highly manipulative.

I have a question about the pastor. I know they have the same shield a lawyer or doctor would have, about confidentiality. They are required in many cases to keep confidentialities they don't want to keep and are uncomfortable with keeping.

But I don't think this extends to ongoing child abuse. Aren't pastors mandatory reporters? Why did the pastor only council the young man to go to the police? Why not report it himself?

If the young man had confessed to murder, I think the pastor would be shielded by his confidentiality law. But "ongoing" child abuse - is ANYONE shielded from reporting that?

A pastor is a mandated reporter for ongoing child abuse.

A pastor doesn't have to report the confession of murder. Unless it's planned to take place in the future.

IMO

The boys were probably groomed at a young age. they were probably sexually abused by the parents also and 'taught' that it was a way of showing love for the family. The girl would have been the recipient of their 'love', not their abuse, and the boys would have been told they were teaching her about her role in life. That is how much incest is rationalized in families, to convince the children to keep it secret, within the family. And they may have been forced to take part in this love fest. thus the one child finally told someone.

My uncle convinced 2 other kids to take part in my abuse, and as adults they were horrified and apologetic. But I dont hold them responsible. He groomed them and manipulated them. pedos are often very intelligent and borderlines so they are highly manipulative.

I'm do sorry that happened to you.
((((((Hugs))))))
Thank you for sharing ...I believe it goes a very long way toward educating others.

So before we start feeling bad for these 'children' who were groomed to commit the abuse (and bless you for sharing your story katydid, that was brave, hugs to you!) let's remember that the abuse only stopped a year or so ago. The oldest son is 27, the youngest are 19. So no matter how you slice it, it was still going on LONG past the time when childhood innocence or childhood manipulated could somehow mitigate the responsibility.

They weren't living in a cave shut off from the entire outside world, they went out to church if nowhere else, they knew raping their little sister was wrong.

ETA:

So just in case my point wasn't clear, the girl is now 16, her oldest brother is 27 and the youngest pair of brothers is 19. The abuse went on from when she was 4 to 15, so it only stopped a year ago. That means that some or all of these MEN who were at that point ranging in age from 18 to 26 were raping their little sister. As I said, maybe if it all happened when they were all much much younger and stopped many years ago that would be one thing (maybe.) But at the ages they all where when this was still going on they were all old enough to make their own decisions, and the decisions they made were evil. Not that the parents aren't just as bad, if not worse.

So before we start feeling bad for these 'children' who were groomed to commit the abuse (and bless you for sharing your story katydid, that was brave, hugs to you!) let's remember that the abuse only stopped a year or so ago. The oldest son is 27, the youngest are 19. So no matter how you slice it, it was still going on LONG past the time when childhood innocence or childhood manipulated could somehow mitigate the responsibility.

They weren't living in a cave shut off from the entire outside world, they went out to church if nowhere else, they knew raping their little sister was wrong.

Of course, and I am not meaning to give them a complete pass. Just saying that if one is brought up by two evil scumbags, then one might be groomed in such a way that it takes awhile to understand right from wrong. And by then, you have committed evil illegal immoral actions for your entire life, so then what do you do?

I spent years going to various support groups for incest survivors and heard many many stories. And many survivors that partook in said actions were taught by sick family members that it was normal and loving to have relations with siblings or cousins. And even upon maturing it is very difficult to accept that hard truth of it. Much easier to stay in denial.

ETA:

So just in case my point wasn't clear, the girl is now 16, her oldest brother is 27 and the youngest pair of brothers is 19. The abuse went on from when she was 4 to 15, so it only stopped a year ago. That means that some or all of these MEN who were at that point ranging in age from 18 to 26 were raping their little sister. As I said, maybe if it all happened when they were all much much younger and stopped many years ago that would be one thing (maybe.) But at the ages they all where when this was still going on they were all old enough to make their own decisions, and the decisions they made were evil. Not that the parents aren't just as bad, if not worse.

True, but it all has to be taken in the context of said boys childhoods. It is hard to explain if you did not grow up in a sick, dysfunctional, family of child abusers. But they would have been wholly indoctrinated, and groomed and trained and brainwashed that they were LOVING the sister, not harming her.

It would not have seemed like rape to them. She might have even been compliant and appeared willing because she was trained to be so. It is hard to explain. I was hypersexualized as a child and even initiated some sexual play with other kids because i did not see it as wrong. Looking back, it would make me an aggressor, but it was actually me as a victim, if that makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back