NC - Family charged in decade-long sexual abuse of girl, Perquimans County, May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just to be clear, when I said "I don't believe this story as written" doesn't mean I don't believe some parts of the story.

I believe she was abused by some of them. I think as with most cases like this, when the truth comes to light, it's a little different from what was reported.

I don't believe, and will apologize if I'm wrong, that all the young men pictured were having sex with this girl and the parents knew about it and did nothing.

I think in the next few months as the investigation continues, charges will be dropped or reduced for many of them.

And it has nothing whatsoever to do with their clothing. It's the totality of the article, and the family, and the situation that makes me think, as I said, "I don't believe this article as it is written".

I guess we'll see.

If she's pregnant right now, it's very unlikely the father is one of these young men. The story reads that she was abused by them from 4 to almost 15 years old. If she's 16 and pregnant, the timeline doesn't work out for it to be one of them, IMHO. Which of course, doesn't in any way disprove that they previously had abused her. But for those who are waiting to DNA test the baby, I don't think that will provide solid proof.

Since when can parents of a minor victim of alleged child abuse disallow the presumed victim's questioning/statement to LE? If they blew town prior to LE physically being around the victim I could possibly understand, but otherwise.../headscratch.

Since when can parents of a minor victim of alleged child abuse disallow the presumed victim's questioning/statement to LE? If they blew town prior to LE physically being around the victim I could possibly understand, but otherwise.../headscratch.

As I understand it, parents of minor children can make the decision for them to refuse to cooperate. I believe the victim always has the option to refuse to cooperate in an investigation.

I have a sister in law who is 30, and was beaten up by her boyfriend and she refused to participate in the prosecution - not because she was protecting him but because she was DONE with him. Enough was enough.

I think it might be extremely traumatic for this girl to have to testify and participate. The parents are probably just thinking of protecting her from further exploitation.

The statement from the linked article that I am referencing is:

"Deputies tried to question the girl and her parents after Eric Jackson confessed to the abuse, but the girl's parents would not allow her to speak to investigators, Perquimans County Sheriff Eric Tilley told the station.
They, and most of the Jackson family, moved to Colorado after the investigation became public."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...sted-10-years-article-1.1790798#ixzz31id5aC2O

So I guess initially they refused, and all fled together (is that right?) to Colorado but more recently have allowed her to be questioned.

"As I understand it, parents of minor children can make the decision for them to refuse to cooperate. I believe the victim always has the option to refuse to cooperate in an investigation."

I can't think of one single scenario where a MINOR VICTIM OF CHILD ABUSE PERPETRATED BY FAMILY MEMBERS AND INVOLVING PARENTS are disallowed legally to talk to LE by said family members. If this were true, child abuse in this circumstance would never be litigated.

This is completely different than the other scenario you proposed above, where the victim was a legal adult.

"The parents are probably just thinking of protecting her from further exploitation."

No. The parents were protecting their own *advertiser censored***s.

According to this more detailed article, the victim is a sister, and the parents never have allowed her to speak to LE about it. They had to remove her from the home over the parent's wishes, to speak to her.

It's now becoming more believable, IMHO. It totally explains why there was no parent advocating for her - because her mother is also the son's mother.

I guess I misunderstood the original scenario - and I just couldn't (and still wouldn't) believe that this family had unfettered access to a child and this repeatedly kept happening. What the original articles failed to note - and it was probably appropriate for privacy reasons - is that this victim was their own full sister. That happens.

http://wtkr.com/2014/05/12/six-brothers-parents-charged-with-sexual-abuse-of-girl/

According to this more detailed article, the victim is a sister, and the parents never have allowed her to speak to LE about it. They had to remove her from the home over the parent's wishes, to speak to her.

It's now becoming more believable, IMHO. It totally explains why there was no parent advocating for her - because her mother is also the son's mother.

I guess I misunderstood the original scenario - and I just couldn't (and still wouldn't) believe that this family had unfettered access to a child and this repeatedly kept happening. What the original articles failed to note - and it was probably appropriate for privacy reasons - is that this victim was their own full sister. That happens.

http://wtkr.com/2014/05/12/six-brothers-parents-charged-with-sexual-abuse-of-girl/

Of course it happens. It's never acceptable. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"As I understand it, parents of minor children can make the decision for them to refuse to cooperate. I believe the victim always has the option to refuse to cooperate in an investigation."

I can't think of one single scenario where a MINOR VICTIM OF CHILD ABUSE PERPETRATED BY FAMILY MEMBERS AND INVOLVING PARENTS are disallowed legally to talk to LE by said family members. If this were true, child abuse in this circumstance would never be litigated.

This is completely different than the other scenario you proposed above, where the victim was a legal adult.

"The parents are probably just thinking of protecting her from further exploitation."

No. The parents were protecting their own *advertiser censored***s.
I completely agree. They knew what was going on and condoned it. Why would they suddenly start protecting her now?

Of course it happens. It's never acceptable. Ever.

Linda, no one ever said it was acceptable.

What is being discussed here, is whether it's believable. Yes, constant sex abuse by siblings is believable.

A decade of lots of sex with a whole family of men she's NOT related to is much rarer and much harder to believe - because in that case a parent would most likely notice and put a stop to it.

But yes, I didn't believe this article as originally written - and as originally written, there was no mention this was a sister.

I'm not quite sure how it went from "don't believe it as written" to "it's acceptable". Never said or thought that.

Linda, no one ever said it was acceptable.

What is being discussed here, is whether it's believable. Yes, constant sex abuse by siblings is believable.

A decade of lots of sex with a whole family of men she's NOT related to is much rarer and much harder to believe - because in that case a parent would most likely notice and put a stop to it.

But yes, I didn't believe this article as originally written - and as originally written, there was no mention this was a sister.

I'm not quite sure how it went from "don't believe it as written" to "it's acceptable". Never said or thought that.

I guess I went with my gut, because I always thought it had to have been a very close relative, like their own sister.

Yes, I went with my gut too. That's why the statement "it's not completely clear how the family knew the victim" made me say I don't believe the story as it's written.

We could go on and on with verbal volleyball here, but I think we're both basically of the same belief and are somehow crosswise about it.

It would be unlikely for this to happen to a girl not related to the family, but very believable for a girl who is the younger full sister of all the brothers.

Peace.

HERTFORD, N.C. -

Deputies in Perquimans County have charged six brothers and their parents in connection with the sexual abuse of a girl over the course of almost a decade.

Perquimans County Sheriff Eric Tilley told WAVY-TV that the brothers were arrested May 6 and charged with crimes related to raping a 4-year-old girl until she was almost 15. The victim is now 16 years old, Tilley said.

It was not immediately clear how the family knew the victim...

...The brothers, who Tilley said were home schooled and do not have much education, are being held in Albemarle District Jail under secured bonds of up to $200,000 each.

Their parents bonded out of jail, each on a $15,000 secured bond.

http://www.wspa.com/story/25504896/nc-family-charged-in-decade-long-sexual-abuse-of-girl

3717890_G.jpg

3717898_G.jpg

Wow, I heard a little bit about this last night and just got to log in to see what this sick nightmare was all about. Totally sick, sick, sick. The entire family needs to be put away for the rest of their lives.

I'd bet they're fundamentalist /patriarchal ....

What you posted were exactly what my very first thoughts were when I saw this on the news. I'm willing to bet you on this too.

Sorry, I don't think this is true as reported. I think there is something amiss here. I don't know what is amiss, but when I look at these young men, I don't believe it.

Call me confused here but why not believe it?

For over 10 years, the Jackson brothers, with the knowledge of their parents, allegedly sexually abused their little sister since she was FOUR until she was 15. I can't believe this even as I type it. WHAT THE FK.

http://wgntv.com/2014/05/13/8-family-members-charged-in-sexual-abuse-of-young-girl/

My God!!!!! The parents were only held on $15,000 bond? Why? I hold them the most responsible for what started when this girl was only four years old. WTF?:banghead:

Yes, I went with my gut too. That's why the statement "it's not completely clear how the family knew the victim" made me say I don't believe the story as it's written.

We could go on and on with verbal volleyball here, but I think we're both basically of the same belief and are somehow crosswise about it.

It would be unlikely for this to happen to a girl not related to the family, but very believable for a girl who is the younger full sister of all the brothers.

Peace.

Now I'm not confused anymore! :facepalm: You are right, the report that it was not clear how the family knew the victim was a bit off.

I think what is referred to here, is the first time LE tried to investigate, the parents refused to allow them to speak with the girl. I don't think that is the case now.

"Deputies tried to question the girl and her parents after Eric Jackson confessed to the abuse, but the girl's parents would not allow her to speak to investigators, Perquimans County Sheriff Eric Tilley told the station.

They, and most of the Jackson family, moved to Colorado after the investigation became public."

snipped

"Earlier this year, deputies flew to Colorado and spent eight hours questioning the girl. Indictments were issued in April. The Jacksons surrendered in North Carolina last week rather than face extradition hearings."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/brothers-charged-n-sexual-abuse-child-lasted-10-years-article-1.1790798

Parents were anti-government, anti-school.....This resembles an episode on Criminal Minds I remember seeing a while back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities
Back