NC - Family charged in decade-long sexual abuse of girl, Perquimans County, May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry, I don't think this is true as reported. I think there is something amiss here. I don't know what is amiss, but when I look at these young men, I don't believe it.

How on earth can you tell by their pictures?!! Is it because of the short hair and suits? What? Perverts and sexual abusers don't come with a sign, or a certain "look".

Do people still think that?!

Unnatural, just unnatural. Little sisters should be protected by their brothers. So much that I just don't understand.

Sorry, I don't think this is true as reported. I think there is something amiss here. I don't know what is amiss, but when I look at these young men, I don't believe it.

So what exactly do abusers look like ????!!!! :facepalm:

And I just bet the apples were taught by the tree they fell from. Their offspring just haven't decided to stop "honoring thy parents" .....yet. It's been drilled into them ....lest they burn in hell for eternity.
IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot stand people who use their religion to try and hide their SICK, DISGUSTING awful ways.

How on earth can you tell by their pictures?!! Is it because of the short hair and suits? What? Perverts and sexual abusers don't come with a sign, or a certain "look".

Do people still think that?!

Yes they sure do and it is surprising how many people think this way :(

Why? Because they are wearing suits? At least one, and possibly more, of them confessed.

The youngest brothers are 19 yo twins; the oldest is 27.

One of the brothers TOLD HIS PASTOR about the abuse.
Thank goodness, the pastor advised LE (apparently?).

Wonder if all the fam were members of same church.

If the church was part of the problem, I don't think the pastor would have reported it.

Well, she's pregnant so I guess DNA will prove it out or not.

:(

I assume they are dressed nicely because they turned themselves in.

I assume they are dressed nicely because they turned themselves in.

I notice they were home schooled so the only social norm they know, IMO, is from church so they dress as such . I also picture the confession coming from a conversation from an officer , which again leads to the biggest social activity from their lives , I.E, thou shall not bear false witness.

The in between is difficult. However as far as their attire in court, it looks as if it is said it is suppossed to look ,but is not the true reflection of a court appearance. IMO

I think from a US psychology stand point ...this case is abnormal.

These guy are very limited on social norms. IMO.

I also am unsure if they had a clue anything was illegal...

I notice they were home schooled so the only social norm they know, IMO, is from church so they dress as such . I also picture the confession coming from a conversation from an officer , which again leads to the biggest social activity from their lives , I.E, thou shall not bear false witness.

The in between is difficult. However as far as their attire in court, it looks as if it is said it is suppossed to look ,but is not the true reflection of a court appearance. IMO

From my experience, people wearing a coat and tie to church are few and far between these days. Original confessions were to a pastor, not an officer. If I was going to turn myself in for a crime, I would dress nicely to make a good impression.

And you could be right, they did not know what they were doing was wrong.

From my experience, people wearing a coat and tie to church are few and far between these days. Original confessions were to a pastor, not an officer. If I was going to turn myself in for a crime, I would dress nicely to make a good impression.

And you could be right, they did not know what they were doing was wrong.

I agree people do not dress the way the courts or church used to expect.

These guys , did all 6 of them.

My public school kids would dress this way to court ,because I taught them ,however most kids and their parents would not. However church dress is more lax with even my children but not by much, maybe no jacket or tie but collard shirt and dress pants and shoes.

When I show up for court I am often asked if I am an attorney. I learned by watching other people in court . It matters how you present yourself.

In short the judge needs to identify with you and he just cant if your wearing jeans on a work day.

Lawyers tell you to dress your best . I bet that is what happen here.

what is so impressive or strange about their clothes? people dress this way for many jobs, educated or not, and also for many occasions, religious or not

maybe they did get dressed up to turn themselves in but that wasn't my first thought

and everyone dresses to portray a certain image - I'd rather look at people in nice shirts and suits than slobs who go out in public in their pyjama bottoms and greasy hair

if it's that the image might not match the character - well, there's just as many christian perverts in suits as there is fundamentalist perverts in suits

why doesn't the mother have a nameplate (don't know the correct lingo) in front of her and why is she smiling in her booking photo?

even if I was innocent, I would not think there was anything to smile about if I were in her situation

I disagree. I think they knew what they were doing was wrong. BBM.

“How many people are going to walk into a law enforcement office and say ‘I had sex with my sister?’ It just doesn’t happen. But that’s one thing… These kids, they do have a belief in the Bible. They knew it was wrong and they had to get it out,” Sheriff Tilley says.

http://wtkr.com/2014/05/12/six-brothers-parents-charged-with-sexual-abuse-of-girl/

IMO, no one can have sex with a 4-year old and not realize that it's wrong. This poor child was born into a family of (self-censored)s! And it sounds like she was everyone's scapegoat. What horrible people! I hope they go away for a long, long time.

THIS is the reason why young women develop some types of mental illness such as self harming/cutting behaviors and significant eating and personality disorders.

The decks are stacked against her recovery if this is her reality, but I pray for her healing.

thanks Jacie for starting a thread on this one. When I read it yesterday evening I didn't have it in me but knew someone would get it done and it was minutes later I saw you had done so.

I don't know how closely I will be able to follow this one. There are some triggery issues.

But I wanted to say the following. I am glad one of the brothers finally fessed up to a trusted pastor about his and his brothers assaults upon their sister. I applaud him for that because it was a brave act. However, I disagree with the local sheriff who basically says these boys did not know any better. Possibly they did not realize that their family was "different" and that otehr families did not behave in this manner and that this is considered wrong.

But these young men are not children any longer. I believe the one who confessed is something like 25. At some point, you KNOW you are engaged in activity that is harmful and criminal. I do not buy that this just dawned on him while talking to the pastor.

This poor girl began suffering at age 4. Age 4.

My heart hurts for her.

These parents disgust me, what these brothers put their sister through is heinous and the parents apparently encouraged it all the while. I have to wonder who taught these men as young boys to sexually molest someone?

Was it the father? Is he the tree from whence all these apples fell?

And the mother - don't even get me started.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back