GUILTY NC - Goldie Gilliken Hall, 90, Gales Creek, 19 Sept 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let me see if I can clear a couple things up for you guys.

I live in Carteret County, but I do not know any of the involved parties -- the missing Mrs Hall or the Missing child or her abductor.

Mrs Hall lives at 2065 Highway 24, that is the exact address and so that puts it further east/north up by the second creek. It works out to be about 8 miles from the Abductors residence.
The Abductor and the missing child lived about a mile apart.
The investigating agency for both cases is the same. Carteret County Sheriffs office, and the SBI is also on Mrs Hall's case. By now I'd think, the SBI and the FBI was on the abducted child as they suspect that they have now crossed state lines at least to South Carolina, perhaps further.

The escaped convict as far as I know, has no ties to this area and this area would not be on his way to anywhere. In other words, he'd have to want to come here if he did, but I don't think there's any indication that he did.
I'm so glad to hear you're from Carteret County and I apologize for messing up the spelling numerous times, but I was tired.
Do you think that it's strange for two people in your county to go missing at nearly the same time? I love your neck of the woods, but don't know much about the crime statistics there.

I agree that the escapee wouldn't venture there without a reason.

Is it possible I wonder whether Goldie is travelling with them...not willingly mind you. Could the RSO have taken Goldie with him thinking she is a frail old woman who would not put up much or any of a fight, yet with her travelling with him and a child it just looks like 3 generations going for a drive....Does that make sense?
Maybe he burnt the house down on his way out of town so the authorities were occupied investigating that and he could make a quick getaway without any attention? JMO

I wonder where he would've kept Goldie from Thursday until Sunday? Sadly, I think if he's involved with this then Goldie might not be safe or worse.

One of the articles says Goldie lives at 2065 Hwy 24 West in Broad Creek. Does that make any difference in the maps?

One of the articles says Goldie lives at 2065 Hwy 24 West in Broad Creek. Does that make any difference in the maps?

No, it's the same place. Hwy 24 ends (or begins) in Morehead City and runs west across NC. When they say Hwy 24 west they Just mean west of Morehead City.

I'm so glad to hear you're from Carteret County and I apologize for messing up the spelling numerous times, but I was tired.
Do you think that it's strange for two people in your county to go missing at nearly the same time? I love your neck of the woods, but don't know much about the crime statistics there.

I agree that the escapee wouldn't venture there without a reason.

Crime is pretty low here. Rarely a missing person. Only 3 murders for the last year, 19 rapes, 150 aggravated assaults.
You can find crime statistics for all counties in NC here
I am not in contact with the Sheriffs Department on this, but by my observations and what has been released so far, I do not think these two cases are related at all. If the fire had happened Sunday or Sunday night.. I'd say maybe, but really I think it is a coincidence.

I don't know if this will work but I gathered these addresses from posts on both threads for them. It shows 18.2 miles from the addresses posted. Pretty close to me. From what I've read this dude had G's address as his address. Not sure if that's allowed or not or if it's even true so take it as you see fit. This child does not to be with this creep of a man nor does Goldie need t be missing.

http://goo.gl/maps/5sfhg
BBM. :eek:

I'd wondered if he had gone to Goldie for help (take advantage of an elderly woman's sympathies) in the past, and now robbed her before fleeing with Abigaile.

Is it possible they are related (like she's his grandmother, grandaunt, etc.)?

Gosh, I hope they find Goldie soon (likewise the RSO and Abigaile). The Abigaile case reminds me of the Tina Smith case (her b/f killed her and kidnapped her 12 year old daughter).

Found out about Goldie over on Abigaile's thread and it just breaks my heart that this dear lady is also missing. Don't know if I believe the two are connected but it sure is strange. Sure hope they find Goldie safe but I have to admit that after this many days, probably not. Praying they find her either which a way!!!!

I couldn't find any new information about Goldie. :(
I am so afraid for this pretty lady.

I looked for updates a few times thruout the day. Darn...not even a report of the search continuing...

Was anything even reported stolen? I cannot understand anyone's motive other than robbery. She had no car to steal.

I still wonder if someone was using her home as their hideout.

Was anything even reported stolen? I cannot understand anyone's motive other than robbery. She had no car to steal.

I still wonder if someone was using her home as their hideout.

I haven't seen it reported that anything was stolen, but that's not to say that nothing was.

I was thinking last night that a fire and missing elderly woman would be a good diversion for someone who was going to commit another crime. I still can't shake that this could be related to Abigailes kidnapping. What if Newman had planned to take AL right after the fire, while police were busy looking for Goldie, but something messed up his initial plan? JMO

Abigailes been found! Poor Goldie needs to be found, too :(

Thanks, Peekerfoo! I was just coming to check on Miss Goldie and hoping she had been found.

I was going to check on Abigaile next! That is wonderful news!

I personally am holding out hope. She is likely as mentally & emotionally tough as my great grandmother was; to live to 90, you have skills. You have to be resilient, resourceful, and determined- with a sharp mind.

Gee, the person arrested looks exactly like her. How awful...makes it 90 years and offed by one of her own. Just sick.

RIP Goldie :rose:

Goldie's body has not been found, but her great-niece has been charged with her murder. 30-year-old Rhonda Williams Hagan apparently murdered her on the same day as the fire.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/Great-Ni...an/-/13530444/16678164/-/xw4cbvz/-/index.html

I am so sad for Goldie. Not only was she murdered, but by a family member no less.
It doesn't appear that it was related in any wayto Abigaile's abduction, so I can stop looking for a connection there.

RIP Goldie :(

I hope Rhonda tells where she put Goldie. I wonder why she did it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back